EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Please refer to him as "Ace Nova" or just "Ace".   Many of us had a friend on here that went by 'nova'... and we still mourn his loss and Ace Nova is nothing like him.   Thanks.

Ace fits him perfectly

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Please refer to him as "Ace Nova" or just "Ace".   Many of us had a friend on here that went by 'nova'... and we still mourn his loss and Ace Nova is nothing like him.   Thanks.

Perhaps he can change his screen name to 'Ace Ventura'

Just now, mattwill said:

Hi Matt.  Welcome back.

7 minutes ago, greend said:

Your wife thought it was good enough, eh?

It ain't the meat it's the motion ...

1 minute ago, mattwill said:

Ace Hole would be better.

BTW good to see you posting old friend.

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think the niners have a solid defense. They have issues at corner that the eagles couldn’t exploit or when they did reagor makes a bad mistake. However that lions game is deceiving cause they got up something like 38-10 and took their foot off the gas and allowed them back into the game. the lions tend to do this even with Stafford. They go down 20-30 points then late in the game make a comeback to make it look much closer cause the team basically took their foot off the gas. I believe the lions did this to the Saints last year. Saints statistically we’re a top 5 defense in ppg. Saints got up 35-14 midway through the third quarter and the lions got it to 35-29. 

Yes and the niners injury list was about as ugly as ours with Mullens as the QB last year. They returned almost everyone from their super bowl run minus a player or 2. They didn't just accidentally go to the super bowl. They have a good to great team 

44 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Because they're not "counting stats," they assigning blame for the play, if Mailata does his job, but Bosa slides off b/c the right side collapsed and pushed Hurts into Bosa's arms, that's not on Mailata. We see this all the time, LT drives end wide, then QB slides left into the RDE. This goes to the coach's emphasis on doing your job, a player can only handle his assignment, if his teammates screw up he's going to make things worse by trying to compensate.

On that play, Bosa did push Mailata back, but Mailata held him up enough to give the QB a reasonable amount of time to make a play. If the secondary forces the QB to hold the ball, can't blame the linemen for the sack, or blame one lineman if other linemen screw up. If the rest of the line does their job, Hurts can step up into the pocket and avoid Bosa.

Yup. People still don’t understand what it is they’re trying to do. Although I do think that should have been a hurry based on the bull rush. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

SF is not a top defense.  I stand by that.  

man-standing-in-vast-desert-landscape-MINF00727.jpg

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Not with that secondary they aren't. Their front 7 make them pretty good though. 

2 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Hi Matt.  Welcome back.

1 minute ago, greend said:

Ace Hole would be better.

BTW good to see you posting old friend.

It is good to be back.  2020 was a cancer of a year footballwise.  I'm glad it is behind us.  It almost cured me of being a fan forever. 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yup. People still don’t understand what it is they’re trying to do. Although I do think that should have been a hurry based on the bull rush. 

This is where I am with that rep. If the iOL doesn't get caved in, Hurts can easily get out of the way. 

What’s considered a top defense? I consider them a top 10 defense. Top 5 probably not and that’s what i consider top defense. 

18 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

They have a different definition of a sack, and its not the statistical one. 

Again, it's an analytical approach.  They ignore kneel downs.  They discount garbage time yards.

For instance, a CB gets beat but the ball is underthrown and hits him in the back of the helmet.  The box score gives him a PD.  PFF wont.

I wouldn't ask them to prepare my taxes.  But by the end of the season, with a large amount of data, they are pretty accurate in who was good and who was bad.

Well put. 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Well first off, I wasn't talking to you.  So get the f over yourself.  I was responding to Afan and his justification of why we looked so bad at home, on offense yesterday.  Sorry that tweaks your nipples.  Glad to see you're on the same side as AFan.  Good company to keep.  

Everything is great guys.  Don't criticize anything.  SF is a great team.  We should be fortunate to even be on the same field as them.  Move along...nothing to see here.  

I'm on the side of objectivity.

SF is a good defense.  

You don't want to admit it because in conflicts with your "Lowie" narrative. 

Go ahead, keep hating.  I'm sure there's an eight-step program that can help you with that.

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

This is where I am with that rep. If the iOL doesn't get caved in, Hurts can easily get out of the way. 

Yup. Armstead created that sack. 

We talk about that during plays. X gets the sack, but really it was Y. When we do it, it’s nuanced conversation. When PFF does it, people laugh at it. Makes no sense. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What’s considered a top defense? I consider them a top 10 defense. Top 5 probably not and that’s what i consider top defense. 

That is where I am with that defense. Bottom 10 definitely in the 15 range

Just now, ManuManu said:

Well put. 

Forgive my ignorance because honestly all I read from PFF are their tweets, but do they explain the reasoning behind their numbers? Or do they just throw out those tweets and let us figure out how they came to them?

And here is another one.  Make sure your opinions are approved by Connecticut.  Can't have too much negative in here.

Oh and don't bully me.  

Opinions are fine.

Just don't veil them as facts.

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

And here is another one.  Make sure your opinions are approved by Connecticut.  Can't have too much negative in here.

Oh and don't bully me.  

Lmao ok I won't. I actually just agreed with in lower case eagles. Top 15 for sure maybe bottom of the top 10. 

1 hour ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

image.png.04d5a2ef6fd90c4e169ee8021a2a5e04.png

Good one, but based on my short week of observing the posting in here, this one would be even better.

ME AGAINST THE WORLD

Archived