EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I know what you meant and said lol. I'm showing you that you are probably right he only has 19 sacks and has 8 personal fouls alone. I'm sure he has at least 10 offsides

It’s a neck to neck race. He has 19 penalties so far.

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I know what you meant and said lol. I'm showing you that you are probably right he only has 19 sacks and has 8 personal fouls alone. I'm sure he has at least 10 offsides

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It’s a neck to neck race. He has 19 penalties so far.

Actually, I misread the chart. He has 19 accepted penalties, 2 declined, and 1 offset. So 22 penalties to 19 sacks. 

@e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Actually, I misread the chart. He has 19 accepted penalties, 2 declined, and 1 offset. So 22 penalties to 19 sacks. 

@e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!

Good grief it's worse then I thought. Basically has more penalty yards then yards lost from sacks 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

@e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!

I found it on this site. He has been called for 12 offside or neutral zone infractions. so the 8 plus 12 makes 20. Impressive on his part. 3 penalties in his career have been canceled due to offsetting. 

https://www.nflpenalties.com/player/d-barnett-philadelphia-eagles?year=2020

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I found it on this site. He has been called for 12 offside or neutral zone infractions. so the 8 plus 12 makes 20. Impressive on his part. 3 penalties in his career have been canceled due to offsetting. 

That’s what I’m looking at. It says 22 total flags, 2 declined and one offset 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It's that kind of crap that makes me pissed they even let him back for his 5th year

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

That’s what I’m looking at. It says 22 total flags, 2 declined and one offset 

Well he was still called for the penalty but it was declined or offset. So he still in my book did something he shouldn’t have. 

13 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

Seems to me drugs won the war

Stupid losing proposition war.  Adopt the Portuguese model. 

3 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Stupid losing proposition war.  Adopt the Portuguese model.

You mean like her?

image.jpeg.ead6d4aa2fb292b02414febf7e473005.jpeg

I think it's time we get Boston in the rotation.   He's very explosive and can be a match up issue against certain defenses.  Use him in the screen game too.   

1 hour ago, KINGnabb said:

I think it's time we get Boston in the rotation.   He's very explosive and can be a match up issue against certain defenses.  Use him in the screen game too.   

Absolutely...

1055018224.jpeg

USATSI_13329980-768x513.jpg

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Posting so we can start the argument again. 

The implications are clear here.

Orlovsky is a member of the EMB.

His arm is no weaker than Brees or Brady , he has to process faster and get better mechanics , a few more weapons to utilize wouldn’t hurt  . The eagles are trying like hell to justify the Reagor pick , unfortunately I think he was a waste of a first round pick , many of the bad traits he shows now , he displayed at TCU .

I go back to what Kurt Warner said , 99% of all throws are 40 yards or less .

16 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

What does Dan Orlovsky know about 'arm strength' and playing QB in the NFL?   pfft.

12 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

His arm is no weaker than Brees or Brady , he has to process faster and get better mechanics , a few more weapons to utilize wouldn’t hurt  . The eagles are trying like hell to justify the Reagor pick , unfortunately I think he was a waste of a first round pick , many of the bad traits he shows now , he displayed at TCU .

Falsey assumes all throws are of equal value 

processing comes down to intelligence. Its highly unlikely hurts will suddenly get smarter…

11 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

The biggest misunderstanding of arm strength keeps being tossed about as if the distance of the throw is the crux of the issue.  It is not.   The issue is the trajectory of the ball, not the distance it travels in the air.   Not all throws from 40 yards away are created equal.  The same is true about outfielders throwing the ball to 3rd base.  It isn't about getting the ball there, it is about getting the ball there quickly.  Throwing with a massive arc will help the ball travel farther, but it will also take much more time.  That is not the goal in the NFL.  The goal is to hit the receiver with the ball before the defense can close the window and be in position to break up the pass and/or deliver a blow immediately to the receiver.   Tight window throws are about how fast the ball gets there, not about how far away you are from the target.   His velocity isn't great.  So, back to your first point, he needs to anticipate the window earlier to get the ball on target and on time.  If he hesitates and has a slow delivery of the ball, the window will be gone.

And I am still lamenting Jefferson.  I likely always will.

21 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I was called some colorful names this off-season for bringing up Hurts’ less-than-ideal arm strength. The 49ers game, played in perfect weather, certainly seems to show my concern was valid.

What’s strange is that his arm looked fine against ATL. It didn’t seem to have the same pop against SF.

Sub-optimal arm strength is not a deal breaker. Plenty of QB’s have succeeded in the past with lesser arms. It does make life more difficult, though.

1 minute ago, ToastJenkins said:

Falsey assumes all throws are of equal value 

processing comes down to intelligence. Its highly unlikely hurts will suddenly get smarter…

Why ? It’s worked for Josh Allen , he has come a long way since year one , watching that game , the offensive game plan was not all that creative , certainly didn’t make things difficult on the D . I am not saying Hurts is bad or good , just saying his limitations right now ,are about more than just how far he can throw the ball .

2 minutes ago, SB52 said:

I was called some colorful names this off-season for bringing up Hurts’ less-than-ideal arm strength. The 49ers game, played in perfect weather, certainly seems to show my concern was valid.

What’s strange is that his arm looked fine against ATL. It didn’t seem to have the same pop against SF.

Sub-optimal arm strength is not a deal breaker. Plenty of QB’s have succeeded in the past with lesser arms. It does make life more difficult, though.

His arm is fine when he takes a drop, plants and throws, much as @Iggles_Phan above you notes. The problem is when he is flushed out of the pocket. He doesn't seem to be able to set his feet again and make the same throw. Which is troubling, considering his propensity to get outside of the pocket. I really hope we see a focus on rhythm passes this week, quick hitters on slants and meshes, and then keep them honest with a few deep shots. I think our WRs can get behind defenders, so Hurts just has to trust that on his 5 or 7 step drop and release, they'll get to it. 

Most QBs getting flushed out of the pocket end up throwing with bad mechanics , simply because you don’t have the time , that is where the likes of Allen , Mahomes , Rodgers arm strength comes into play , it compensates for the  less than ideal mechanics 

some of it with Hurts is he is throwing late , so you get some under thrown balls 

1 minute ago, Original Sin said:

Most QBs getting flushed out of the pocket end up throwing with bad mechanics , simply because you don’t have the time , that is where the likes of Allen , Mahomes , Rodgers arm strength comes into play , it compensates for the  less than ideal mechanics 

Yes of course. Hurts is especially bad throwing deep outside the pocket. It's a problem. 

Archived