EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

6 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

What happened to all that Brian Johnson is going to be such a great QB coach and he'll only be here for one year before he's poached?

Would make a weird defensive coordinator. 

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Also to compare the first 6 starts of Burrow, Herbert and Hurts since @downundermike wants to completely disregard the comparison of Hurts 2 games into this season compared to other young QBs in their 1st and 2nd year:

Herbert: 1-5, 67.4%, 1,820 yards, 15 TD, 5 INT, 104.5 QB rating, 142 rushing yards & 2 rushing TDs. 

Hurts: 2-4, 56.5%, 1,373 yards, 8 TD, 3 INT, 86.6 QB rating, 416 rushing yards and 4 rushing TDs. 

There is no comparison between these two.

Herbert's 5 losses were all 1 score games, and by an average margin of 3.8 points.  

Those losses, OT to the Chiefs, OT to the Saints, the Super Bowl champion Bucs, and he went toe to toe with all of them.  Denver game left the field with the lead.

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

A serious response...

My daughter had a minor learning disability.  As a result, I learned a lot about how the brain works.  Her's was related to processing speed, not capacity to understand.   She was able to comprehend, but took longer than most.  Processing speed is an inherent trait.  Some can just process faster than others. It doesn't necessarily mean they are smarter. 

If Hurts is just average, it may not be good enough to play QB in the NFL.  He may be able to comprehend the offense in the meeting room.  But on the field, especially post snap and at the goal line, if he doesn't immediately understand what he is seeing, plays will be left on the field.

It may get better, but to the level necessary to succeed.

It's beyond naive to act as if someone's gains more expierence at something which they are very inexperienced in at the moment that they will not be able to process it quicker the more experienced they become at it.  This is especially the case for someone 2 games into a new offense who only now has 6 career starts.  Also especially the case when you're talking about football where a chemistry needs to be built between the QB and receivers to get their timing and tendacies down so they know that they will be at a given point of a field during a route at a given time. 

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter and her learning disability but there has been nothing at all out there to suggest that Jalen Hurts has a learning disability. 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

So who does it apply to ??  No one is basing his play on his race.  We are basing it on him being a runner more than a QB.

You should go find my post and watch the Gardner Minshew plays I highlighted.  You want to see a guy processing a defense quickly and getting the ball out, it is all in those videos.

Yeah I am all for we leaving race totally out of it and going completely on ability? 

Hurts has a LONG LONG LONG way to go. Anyone who says Hurts is playing at Herberts level right now, is not a person who I will even begin to debate with, as that statement alone tells me all I need to know about their ability to assess QB talent.

(and Once they throw race in discussion as a reason we see his QB play differently, they disqualify themselves from ever having a convo with me, there aren't meds strong enough for me to deal with that kind of nonsense)

There is no comparison between these two. Herbert's 5 losses were all 1 score games, and by an average margin of 3.8 points.  

Those losses, OT to the Chiefs, OT to the Saints, the Super Bowl champion Bucs, and he went toe to toe with all of them.  Denver game left the field with the lead.

Weird, like football is a team game or something?

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Well to be fair.  How often do you actually "hear from" the QB coach? 

Never unless the QB is lights out and people just make the assumption it's the QB coaches doing.

15 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Rallis love. 

Who is behind this HonestNFL?

Is it someone legit who knows what he or she is talking about or just some fans opinion?

There is no comparison between these two. Herbert's 5 losses were all 1 score games, and by an average margin of 3.8 points.  

Why did you delete Joe Burrow from my post when replying? 

And what kind of cherry picked nonsense is this to disregard all the stats but now make the only stat that matters is the average margin of points in a loss? You're so disengenuous.

Also hilarious that you cite Herbet losing to the Saints in OT as a credit to Herbert but hey let's disregard that Hurts actually beat the Saints. 

The Eagles have given up 6 points and 17 points in back to back games. Yes, neither Atlanta, nor SF's offenses are elite...but in non-Eagles games they each put up a lot more points. Our defensive gameplans are good. We're rotating lots of guys so they're fresh. No one player has stood out as awful, with the exception of Tarron Jackson who shouldn't be playing. The defense is the bright spot so far.

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

It's beyond naive to act as if someone's gains more expierence at something which they are very inexperienced in at the moment that they will not be able to process it quicker the more experienced they become at it.  This is especially the case for someone 2 games into a new offense who only now has 6 career starts.  Also especially the case when you're talking about football where a chemistry needs to be built between the QB and receivers to get their timing and tendacies down so they know that they will be at a given point of a field during a route at a given time. 

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter and her learning disability but there has been nothing at all out there to suggest that Jalen Hurts has a learning disability. 

OMG!!

Please go back and read my post again.  I did not in any way suggest that Hurts has a learning disability.

What I did say, and I'll try to use smaller words this time, it that Hurts may just be average in how fast his brain works.  "Average" means like most folks.  A really good quarterback, in my opinion, needs to be better than average to do good at football.

19 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Malveaux played at UH with Ward.  Meh.  Benefitted from having Ed Oliver next to him.  Wasn’t particularly enamored with Cain out of Clemson. Pretty straight line,  similar measurables to JJAW.  Former Indy draft choice so Sirianni knows him.  Hasn’t stayed healthy.  Cole is an unhealthy JAG.  

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Because I am comparing him to Herbert at the moment, well you are, there is no comparison.

He had his team in every game, and did not have a bunch of empty stats ( Cowboys game ) in those first 6 starts.

3 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Is it someone legit who knows what he or she is talking about or just some fans opinion?

I think its some former eagles scout

And what kind of cherry picked nonsense is this to disregard all the stats but now make the only stat that matters is the average margin of points in a loss? You're so disengenuous.

Also hilarious that you cite Herbet losing to the Saints in OT as a credit to Herbert but hey let's disregard that Hurts actually beat the Saints. 

Yeah I can’t believe Hurts was good enough to beat a white man… 

3 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Supposedly a former scout. A lot of beat writers follow him so I'm guessing they know who it is and have used him before for sources. 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Oh God, now you've done it.  

Well, you're gonna have to clean it up.  I've got a weak stomach.

4 minutes ago, RLC said:

The Eagles have given up 6 points and 17 points in back to back games. Yes, neither Atlanta, nor SF's offenses are elite...but in non-Eagles games they each put up a lot more points. Our defensive gameplans are good. We're rotating lots of guys so they're fresh. No one player has stood out as awful, with the exception of Tarron Jackson who shouldn't be playing. The defense is the bright spot so far.

I'm still wait and see. I think the adjustments made after Atlanta moved the ball with ease was encouraging. I think the 49ers just stunk on offense outside of two drives. The defense played a part of them stinking like in the very beginning but there were parts throughout the game the 49ers just weren't executing. Dallas is a good measuring stick. 

15 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

@LeanMeanGM

Dallas - 27

Birds -  3

Bonus - Hurts throws 2 Ints trying to force balls. 

Dallas still doesn’t have a defense so if they don’t get a TD then this place will be very very entertaining for the next week lol

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Because I am comparing him to Herbert at the moment, well you are, there is no comparison.

He had his team in every game, and did not have a bunch of empty stats ( Cowboys game ) in those first 6 starts.

Alright so you're doing your typical thing where you disregard all the stats except for some random one that you now bang the drum on as the only stat that matters. 

Just flat out pathetic. 

cowboys are stacked on offense , defense will improve week after week , new scheme , I think they lead the league in forced turnovers . They get Gregory back this week  

I stick by first to 30 wins .

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Dallas still doesn’t have a defense so if they don’t get a TD then this place will be very very entertaining for the next week lol

Get ready for the crossing routes and a bunch of stuff between the hashes, similar to the one Samuel hit us with at the end of the first half.  Why bother with Slay and Nelson, when you can feast on our LBs and Safeties?

7 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

OMG!!

Please go back and read my post again.  I did not in any way suggest that Hurts has a learning disability.

What I did say, and I'll try to use smaller words this time, it that Hurts may just be average in how fast his brain works.  "Average" means like most folks.  A really good quarterback, in my opinion, needs to be better than average to do good at football.

It's beyond ridiculous to expect a young QB with 6 career starts who has made just his 2nd start in a new offense to be running that offense and processing it all like a well oiled machine.

Like anything else in life, the more expierence you gain at something the more confident and comfortable you get doing it and are able to do it faster as it becomes more and more second nature to you. 

Alright so you're doing your typical thing where you disregard all the stats except for some random one that you now bang the drum on as the only stat that matters. 

Just flat out pathetic. 

I bolded the stats.  Herbert is superior in completion percentage, yardage, TD passes and QB rating.

And like 4for4 asked, why did you delete the racial accusation from your post ??

Archived