Kenny Pickett (Pittsburgh QB) -- DRAFTED BY PITTSBURGH #20

The Blackfish

57 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm just saying where I think he would fit well. Washington would be a terrible fit for him. 

There are only a few great spots for young QBs and most of them already have young stars in place.  As usual, most drafted guys will struggle on bad teams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

There are only a few great spots for young QBs and most of them already have young stars in place.  As usual, most drafted guys will struggle on bad teams.

I suppose all situations are different.  We saw Burrow go to a bad Bengals team and in year 2 lead them to a Super Bowl berth.  Then again he is a special talent.  I don’t see any of the QBs in the 2022 class having that level of special talent so I wouldn’t expect any to help transform a team that ends up drafting them.  

29 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I suppose all situations are different.  We saw Burrow go to a bad Bengals team and in year 2 lead them to a Super Bowl berth.  Then again he is a special talent.  I don’t see any of the QBs in the 2022 class having that level of special talent so I wouldn’t expect any to help transform a team that ends up drafting them.  

They are going to be drafted in the typical mid-1st round positioning which rarely has Burrow-level talent.  These are QBs that need mentoring and development much like any QB drafted where they will be.  

7 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

It doesn't necessarily need to be a good young team though. I mean it just needs to be the right set up and scheme etc and that can change pretty quickly in the NFL. Look at Cincinnati. 

13 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

IMO, I don’t think our defense and WR group is good enough for even someone like Russell Wilson to come in and make us a legit Super Bowl contender. So why would we think by passing on the defense and WR needs to draft a QB (with question marks) or trade our draft capital to get a QB is the right move now? Let’s build the defense, find another WR, give Hurts another year to progress, trade back once or twice to get more picks for next year and then see what the QB options are next year if Hurts doesn’t improve.

6 hours ago, MidMoFo said:

IMO, I don’t think our defense and WR group is good enough for even someone like Russell Wilson to come in and make us a legit Super Bowl contender. So why would we think by passing on the defense and WR needs to draft a QB (with question marks) or trade our draft capital to get a QB is the right move now? Let’s build the defense, find another WR, give Hurts another year to progress, trade back once or twice to get more picks for next year and then see what the QB options are next year if Hurts doesn’t improve.

You are right that no one person fixes all issues, but when you know you have no QB, QB always has to be a consideration via trade or draft.  The whole franchise rolls through that position.   That is why Howie get the big buck and all of us here are just dolts tapping away on keyboards.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It doesn't necessarily need to be a good young team though. I mean it just needs to be the right set up and scheme etc and that can change pretty quickly in the NFL. Look at Cincinnati. 

I didn't say it needed to be a good young team.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2022 at 5:48 AM, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

You are right that no one person fixes all issues, but when you know you have no QB, QB always has to be a consideration via trade or draft.  The whole franchise rolls through that position.   That is why Howie get the big buck and all of us here are just dolts tapping away on keyboards.

Not for nothing, but Howie is the one who drafted Hurts, and considering Howie just saw that quarterback who you all claim isn’t a quarterback take his team from 4 wins to 8 wins, while letting the quarterback you all fawn over like dopes who took the team from 9 wins to 3 wins to begin with, and watched that guy who you all still fawn over take an 11 win team and turn it into a 9 win team,  then maybe just maybe Howie does know just a little bit more than the "dolts tapping away on a keyboard” about his current quarterback. 🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if Pickett is a possibility now. It seems like some teams have filled their QB needs so he might fall a bit. 

It would make for an awkward QB controversy after Howie said Hurts is their guy but Howie’s been kicking on the tires on every available QB. 

I like Pickett, Corral, and Strong. 

DET, CAR, SEA draft in front of us and need QBs.

NO and PIT draft behind us, need QBs and could trade up in front of us.

Someone may like strong armed Malik Willis and take him high in the first.

So, if we don’t trade up, there’s a good chance that one or two of these QBs will be there when we pick at #15 and 16.

We had best pull the trigger early if we like a QB as NO and PIT lurk right behind us. Don’t wait until pick #19.

I’d prefer to draft 3 players with our 3 first rounders. Howie may package them to move up to get his guy.

28 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

I wonder if Pickett is a possibility now. It seems like some teams have filled their QB needs so he might fall a bit. 

It would make for an awkward QB controversy after Howie said Hurts is their guy but Howie’s been kicking on the tires on every available QB. 

Where have you been all these months? 

I havent changed my theory that Howie wanted Pickett all along. Its not random that Howie went to 4 of Pickett's games in person this year and how Pickett was on the sidelines of the Eagles vs Saints game in Philly. All this right after Hurts was up chucking all over the field in the first half of the season when Nick was throwing 90% of the game. There is no way all of a sudden we swapped to a dominate run game and Howie is booking flights to follow Pickett around. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

I like Pickett, Corral, and Strong. 

DET, CAR, SEA draft in front of us and need QBs.

NO and PIT draft behind us, need QBs and could trade up in front of us.

Someone may like strong armed Malik Willis and take him high in the first.

So, if we don’t trade up, there’s a good chance that one or two of these QBs will be there when we pick at #15 and 16.

We had best pull the trigger early if we like a QB as NO and PIT lurk right behind us. Don’t wait until pick #19.

I’d prefer to draft 3 players with our 3 first rounders. Howie may package them to move up to get his guy.

Still have Mayfield & Garoppolo out there. If they end up on 2 of those 3 teams, it even becomes more of a possibility he falls. Still have teams like Atlanta or Minnesota who could be in the market. Even Houston at 13 is a possibility. 

30 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Where have you been all these months? 

I havent changed my theory that Howie wanted Pickett all along. Its not random that Howie went to 4 of Pickett's games in person this year and how Pickett was on the sidelines of the Eagles vs Saints game in Philly. All this right after Hurts was up chucking all over the field in the first half of the season when Nick was throwing 90% of the game. There is no way all of a sudden we swapped to a dominate run game and Howie is booking flights to follow Pickett around. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Howie is all over him. We’ll see how the QB market ends up. Still a bunch of teams who could draft him. 

ah well, the three picks were a beautiful dream, here's to running out Lane, BG and Fletch until they're 40.

rick-and-morty-adult-swim-1200x800.thumb.jpg.f23554c903546207cccc8656c0b33bfc.jpg

Gonna draft Kenny Pitt..burrp.. gonna blow my picks on... burrrp..Tiny Hands and then we're gonna do Ten more seasons of ...buurrp Lane and Fletch Morty, ten more seasons, 17 games a season Morty...can you see it Morty, Ten more seasons buuurrritches...glug... dummy years until they're 50 Morty.

• Haha 2

I wouldn’t mind if we drafted Pickett at 15 but I’m just praying Howie doesn’t trade picks to move up into the Top 10 to draft him. If he drops, he drops. If not, don’t chase him. 

17 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

I wouldn’t mind if we drafted Pickett at 15 but I’m just praying Howie doesn’t trade picks to move up into the Top 10 to draft him. If he drops, he drops. If not, don’t chase him. 

#15 and #19 gets you to #4. So tech we would still have 2 firsts (4 and 16)

2 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

#15 and #19 gets you to #4. So tech we would still have 2 firsts (4 and 16)

Do you think Pickett is a QB worthy of 2 x 1st round picks?

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

No, but it doesnt matter what I think. Its what Howie and Lurie think. 

Im just reading between the lines and preparing myself since the red flags have been thrown out now for months. Only hope is 1- Pickett drops somehow or 2- Anther team beats Howie to the punch. 

6 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Nope. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

So it’s safe to assume Pickett didn’t run up the bill eating Lobster?  

image.gif

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

No, but it doesnt matter what I think. Its what Howie and Lurie think. 

Im just reading between the lines and preparing myself since the red flags have been thrown out now for months. Only hope is 1- Pickett drops somehow or 2- Anther team beats Howie to the punch. 

I can't say I'd be thrilled if we took him if he dropped to one of our own spots but it wouldn't be nearly as bad if we traded 2 1s.  But looking at the current draft order, I don't think he'll drop to 15 ... too many teams that need a QB ahead of us. 

• Detroit?  Although they could potentially trade up from 32 or 34 to get one (hoping that is with us and involves their 2023 1st in return). 
  • Houston who just traded Watson (maybe not with the 3rd overall pick but they now own 13 too). 
  • The Giants (who have picks 5 and 7) could be in play (highly doubt they are convinced Jones is "the man").  
  • Carolina (Darnold?  lol)
  • Atlanta (same comment as the Giants but with regard to Mariota - he could more of a bridge QB).
  • Seattle (after having traded Wilson)

My fear is, knowing how many QB needy teams are ahead of us will make Howie feel compelled to trade up for one.  He needs to trust his gut, stay patient, and stay put and take the best players available at those spots (or the best players at our biggest positions of need if the evaluations are close).  

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I can't say I'd be thrilled if we took him if he dropped to one of our own spots but it wouldn't be nearly as bad if we traded 2 1s.  But looking at the current draft order, I don't think he'll drop to 15 ... too many teams that need a QB ahead of us. 

That's exactly how I feel. If he falls to us at #15 then OK fine I guess. I'm not enamoured with it but hey we likely do need a QB. But a trade up? Absolutely no. No way.