Kenny Pickett (Pittsburgh QB) -- DRAFTED BY PITTSBURGH #20

The Blackfish

2 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

they better not draft a qb in the first few round let alone use a lot to trade up for one.. if you think we need a qb that badly work the phones and try and trade for a package of Wilson and DK and use the rest of the picks we have left on defense.

You have to stop thinking about what you want and start thinking of what Howie and Lurie will most likely do to not set yourself up for disappointment. 

11 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

You have to stop thinking about what you want and start thinking of what Howie and Lurie will most likely do to not set yourself up for disappointment. 

not really even what i want other then the draft defense part, just feel if they have a hard on for qb… with how many times it’s been said they were hoping to draft wilson and the rumors of the hawks wanting to rebuild we could decide to put all the chips on the table.

39 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

not really even what i want other then the draft defense part, just feel if they have a hard on for qb… with how many times it’s been said they were hoping to draft wilson and the rumors of the hawks wanting to rebuild we could decide to put all the chips on the table.

Yes they loved Wilson 10 years ago. But do they love the Wilson of Today? At his age? At his cap number? Maybe they do not want a player at his age now. Maybe they have the same love for a QB in this draft that they had for Wilson 10 years ago. 

Lets not forget Wilson also has a no trade clause in his contract. Wilson has full say on where he goes. He might want to be on a team that is SB ready which we are far from. 

14 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Yes they loved Wilson 10 years ago. But do they love the Wilson of Today? At his age? At his cap number? Maybe they do not want a player at his age now. Maybe they have the same love for a QB in this draft that they had for Wilson 10 years ago. 

Lets not forget Wilson also has a no trade clause in his contract. Wilson has full say on where he goes. He might want to be on a team that is SB ready which we are far from. 

i think wilson’s main issue over the years has been his oline and since we still have an above average o-line we would be on the list.. DK and Smith at wr take us from a crappy situation to a really good one and Dallas is an rising tightend. only offensive position i wouldn’t be sold on is rb but there is enough guys there to get the job done. Defense would be where the issues are..

again i’m not saying this is my hope.. i think you build around hurts and see what he can do for a year or two while getting the cap right, but i’ve seen a recent trend in the nfl with teams knowing they need better qb play to make the super bowl.. tampa and the rams have both used this approach in recent years and it seems to be working.

2 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

i think wilson’s main issue over the years has been his oline and since we still have an above average o-line we would be on the list.. DK and Smith at wr take us from a crappy situation to a really good one and Dallas is an rising tightend. only offensive position i wouldn’t be sold on is rb but there is enough guys there to get the job done. Defense would be where the issues are..

again i’m not saying this is my hope.. i think you build around hurts and see what he can do for a year or two while getting the cap right, but i’ve seen a recent trend in the nfl with teams knowing they need better qb play to make the super bowl.. tampa and the rams have both used this approach in recent years and it seems to be working.

I think a lot of people including myself would be fine with building the team up first then going after a QB after you are only a QB away. 

However we know Howie does not feel that way so we all have to get use to the idea that they will more then likely replace Hurts either this year or next. With how much Howie has been all over Pickett in the last 3 months and the draft capital we have you have to face the facts Pickett might be our QB come April. If it happens you can complain all you want but wont do you any good. 

• Like 1

• PHI
    Derek Stingley Jr.
    CB LSU

• PHI
    Daxton Hill
    S Michigan

• PHI
    Jermaine Johnson
    EDGE Florida State
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Kenny Pickett
    QB Pittsburgh
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Christian Harris
    LB Alabama

• PHI
    George Pickens
    WR Georgia

• PHI
    Jamaree Salyer
    OT Georgia

• PHI
    Cole Strange
    OG Chattanooga

• PHI
    Leo Chenal
    LB Wisconsin

• PHI
    Matt Araiza
    P San Diego State

pfn-logo-results-420x50-black.png

On 2/5/2022 at 6:17 PM, Cheesteakitis said:

they better not draft a qb in the first few round let alone use a lot to trade up for one.. if you think we need a qb that badly work the phones and try and trade for a package of Wilson and DK and use the rest of the picks we have left on defense.

Why? Wilson is already 33, be 34 before next season ends. So why would you want to trade a king’s ransom (that is what it would take) for a guy who might give you a few good years? Maybe.

With QBs you never know when they will drop off, but when they do it’s a huge and almost immediate drop. No way in hell I’m giving up multiple first round picks for Wilson at his age. 

13 minutes ago, nipples said:

Why? Wilson is already 33, be 34 before next season ends. So why would you want to trade a king’s ransom (that is what it would take) for a guy who might give you a few good years? Maybe.

With QBs you never know when they will drop off, but when they do it’s a huge and almost immediate drop. No way in hell I’m giving up multiple first round picks for Wilson at his age. 

it wouldn’t be my first choice but if i were to do it i would try to bring DK along with… yes wilson is aging and probably only has several years left but his skill set fits right into our offense and he has been a solid qb over the years with half the oline we have… adding both he and Dk solidifies our offense and you can now use the rest of the resources on defense which give or take adding wilson is where most should go anyway. 

5 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

it wouldn’t be my first choice but if i were to do it i would try to bring DK along with… yes wilson is aging and probably only has several years left but his skill set fits right into our offense and he has been a solid qb over the years with half the oline we have… adding both he and Dk solidifies our offense and you can now use the rest of the resources on defense which give or take adding wilson is where most should go anyway. 

Why in the world would the Hawks trade us Metcalf?

If you did get somehow convince them to trade us both. You would be using up 4 1sts and all your cap room. The D would be a mess for years.

16 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

If you did get somehow convince them to trade us both. You would be using up 4 1sts and all your cap room. The D would be a mess for years.

And a lot of talk up here locally in Washington that they might not be very happy with him and are actively looking to trade

33 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

it’s been rumored a number of places that metcalf is on the trade block because his rookie contract will soon be expiring… yes it would take most of if not all the cap room but you would still have a good number of picks to add talent to the roster it’s just you have to hit on the ones you make and quit picking scrubs. 

i see more and more teams doing like the rams and selling out saying here is our 2-3 year window whatever the case may be and let’s go win a super bowl or two… i think the age of dynasty is over between the rule changes that have been taking place and the amount of talent across the league it’s gonna be hard to build a team that’s there 7,8,10 years in a row. 

29 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And a lot of talk up here locally in Washington that they might not be very happy with him and are actively looking to trade

yes from what i heard… it’s new contract coming up, he is a little bit of a hot head, and they might be looking at a complete rebuild. 

Rumors that Pickett's hand measurement is coming out at a frankly unbelievable 8 and 1/4 inches, I'm not a huge believer in the importance of the measurement but that would be smaller than an average human male and absolutely tiny for a starting QB in the NFL.  Eeesh.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Rumors that Pickett's hand measurement is coming out at a frankly unbelievable 8 and 1/4 inches, I'm not a huge believer in the importance of the measurement but that would be smaller than an average human male and absolutely tiny for a starting QB in the NFL.  Eeesh.

I definitely think that's going to be a little concern for teams and may mean that he slides a little. Desperate and bad teams may not want to take a gamble on this. 

This hand size thing is such a joke, even NFL.com is recognizing the double jointed issue.  He had 67% completion, 42 TDs with 7 INTs and has played in cold weather from HS through Pitt.

2 years ago, Joe Burrow was dealing with same stuff, yet still went #1 and is playing in the Super Bowl.  

No worries for the Eagles fans though, he isn't falling far enough to get to us.

3 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

This hand size thing is such a joke, even NFL.com is recognizing the double jointed issue.  He had 67% completion, 42 TDs with 7 INTs and has played in cold weather from HS through Pitt.

2 years ago, Joe Burrow was dealing with same stuff, yet still went #1 and is playing in the Super Bowl.  

No worries for the Eagles fans though, he isn't falling far enough to get to us.

hope not hopefully washington or someone drafts him and some defensive talent falls our way.

12 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

hope not hopefully washington or someone drafts him and some defensive talent falls our way.

He's going way before us, so you should get your wish.

5 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

He's going way before us, so you should get your wish.

You might be right... but I think that's a bad move for a QB needy team who are drafting ahead of us. Those teams aren't set up to help a young QB. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You might be right... but I think that's a bad move for a QB needy team who are drafting ahead of us. Those teams aren't set up to help a young QB. 

Except for a few teams, drafting QBs is a real crapshoot.  Considering our track record with QB success, we wouldn't be one of the good stops either.  

It's not going to matter.  Several of these guys will go early. Fine with me, because I wouldn't chase any of them much. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Except for a few teams, drafting QBs is a real crapshoot.  Considering our track record with QB success, we wouldn't be one of the good stops either.  

A huge part is coaching and the team set up. For example I think Pickett would be a great pick for Pittsburgh and they'd be a great spot for him too.

35 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

A huge part is coaching and the team set up. For example I think Pickett would be a great pick for Pittsburgh and they'd be a great spot for him too.

I'd guess having a retired NFL QB (like Reich was to Wentz) or a mentor QB (like Foles and McCown to Wentz) in the QB room would help.  A bad FO can be just as disruptive to a QB.  The Eagles are the perfect example of how to not support a talent.  

Pickett to Pittsburgh just seems too easy, but he would be fine there.  I suspect Carolina and Washington will land Pickett and Corral (no specific order).  QB wildcards to me...Atlanta and Denver.   

• Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 7:10 AM, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

And yet there was talk that Pickett had some trouble throwing in one of the senior bowl practices because of the rain. Hand size may be overblown in some instances but Pickett’s are incredibly small for an NFL QB. Hell, even with the talk about Burrow’s hand size, his are still almost an inch larger than Pickett’s. 

3 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Pickett to Pittsburgh just seems too easy, but he would be fine there.  I suspect Carolina and Washington will land Pickett and Corral (no specific order).  QB wildcards to me...Atlanta and Denver.   

I'm just saying where I think he would fit well. Washington would be a terrible fit for him. 

2 hours ago, nipples said:

And yet there was talk that Pickett had some trouble throwing in one of the senior bowl practices because of the rain. Hand size may be overblown in some instances but Pickett’s are incredibly small for an NFL QB. Hell, even with the talk about Burrow’s hand size, his are still almost an inch larger than Pickett’s. 

There was minor talk about all of the QBs having issues that one day.  His numbers speak for themselves.  Time will tell if hand size scares anyone away...so far, it hasn't.