Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

On 7/28/2023 at 3:02 PM, Alpha_TATEr said:

re-watching rebels and i am at where thrawn has come into the picture. the one scene where he is talking about learning about your enemies ways, including their art, will help you defeat them.

seemed like that was right out of the first chapter of heir to the empire (which i am currently reading )

The Thrawn origin book, where he is rising in the ranks of the Imperial navy out of the academy is an awesome read.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

first two episodes of ahsoka were pretty good. it's basically season 5 of rebels. 

Was just about to post this. I thought Ahsoka was meh. Just a live action Rebels season 5. Far more geared to kids than for adult Star Wars fans, same for Ahsoka so far. I guess I was hoping for more of an Andor or Mandalorian vibe, and it's definitely not that. 

2 hours ago, Gannan said:

Was just about to post this. I thought Ahsoka was meh. Just a live action Rebels season 5. Far more geared to kids than for adult Star Wars fans, same for Ahsoka so far. I guess I was hoping for more of an Andor or Mandalorian vibe, and it's definitely not that. 

Spoiler

im assuming it's going to get heavy & dark real quick once thrawn comes into the picture. 

these two episodes seem to be catching everyone up on what's happened with ahsoka and sabine and introducing new characters. 

i still think sabine being force sensitive out of nowhere is another weird plot hole star wars writers are so known for creating.

Haven't watched yet, but a lot of good reviews, noting that Filoni nailed it.

So far its another Kathleen Kennedy woke special, no heroic male characters. Men are either evil or buffoons.

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

So far its another Kathleen Kennedy woke special, no heroic male characters. Men are either evil or buffoons.

filoni created the series and is writing the entire season, also, the last i checked, ezra is not female. 

2 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

filoni created the series and is writing the entire season, also, the last i checked, ezra is not female. 

Showing him painted on a wall doesn't count. 

Just now, Gannan said:

Showing him painted on a wall doesn't count. 

a good part of the first two episodes was about trying to go find him. he is a pivotal character. 

of course the question is, will he come back as a jedi or did he turn ? 

Snyder wanted to make an R rated Star Wars movie. It didn't work out.

So he made Rebel Moon for Netflix that rips off not only Star Wars but several others based on the trailer. Dune comes to mind in particular. 

6 hours ago, Gannan said:

Grow up.

So as more of a casual fan of Star Wars stuff (watched all the movies and also Mandalorian and Obi Wan, but not the animated stuff, etc) should I check out this Ahsoka show? 

38 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

So as more of a casual fan of Star Wars stuff (watched all the movies and also Mandalorian and Obi Wan, but not the animated stuff, etc) should I check out this Ahsoka show? 

you will miss a ton of background on the characters, but you could always go back to the animated series if you like this show enough. 

2 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

you will miss a ton of background on the characters, but you could always go back to the animated series if you like this show enough. 

I don't really care about the background, I just wanna see cool lightsaber battles! :lol: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I don't really care about the background, I just wanna see cool lightsaber battles! :lol: 

oh you will see them as well ....nerd. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Watch fan made YouTube videos 

The whole galaxy is at risk. Should we maybe call the guy who defeated the Emperor?

Nah, let’s just enlist some chick with purple hair. That will be enough. 

Make it make sense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I really don't care about any of these characters because I didn't watch any of the cartoons.  

I'll probably wait until the next season of Mandalorian, Andor or Boba Fett, whatever comes out first, to renew my subscription and I'll watch it then 

Spoiler

This happened with the black chick in Obi Wan too.... 

They are hot enough to melt steel doors.... Your entire insides would be vaporized 

• Like 3