Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

On 7/12/2023 at 2:07 PM, Alpha_TATEr said:

so, sabine is/was force sensitive. 

In the Rebels cartoon she used the darksaber after acquiring it on a mission, and she was training with Kanan and Ezra in how to use it.  But I don't recall force sensitive or powers, they were just focusing on lightsaber skills.  

I never watched the cartoons, but I did read the Thrawn trilogy as a kid. I get the feeling most people are going to watch this and go...wait, why is no one getting Luke Skywalker's help with this? The guy who defeated the Empire...no one is gonna think to call him?

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

In the Rebels cartoon she used the darksaber after acquiring it on a mission, and she was training with Kanan and Ezra in how to use it.  But I don't recall force sensitive or powers, they were just focusing on lightsaber skills.  

I don't recall that either.  But not to say Filoni won't try to retcon it to make the series more interesting and the Filoni movie, more money

1 hour ago, vikas83 said:

I never watched the cartoons, but I did read the Thrawn trilogy as a kid. I get the feeling most people are going to watch this and go...wait, why is no one getting Luke Skywalker's help with this? The guy who defeated the Empire...no one is gonna think to call him?

Yeah. That's what happens when the timeline in the films and TV is a massive mess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vikas83 said:

Not sure if you've watched the Mandalorian but spoiler alert:

Spoiler

Luke appeared in the finale of season 2, he showed up to save the day.  So he could show up again.  The idea is there's a lot going on to rebuild the Republic and deal with remnants of the Empire.  Ahsoka appeared in The Mandalorian and said she's on a mission to find and stop Thrawn.  

The TV series are leading to a finale movie.  Luke appeared in another episode as well, training Grogu/Baby Yoda.  They probably don't want to use too much of the de-aging technology. But they've used him twice already so he could certainly show up again for defeating Thrawn, Inquisitors, etc.

But yeah the timelines are all over the place.  Where were all these Rebels in the movies episodes 4-6?  There are all these other Jedi and Inquisitors in different shows, where were they?  It's great to have extra stories but it creates plot holes and questions.

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

Not sure if you've watched the Mandalorian but spoiler alert:

Reveal hidden contents

Luke appeared in the finale of season 2, he showed up to save the day.  So he could show up again.  The idea is there's a lot going on to rebuild the Republic and deal with remnants of the Empire.  Ahsoka appeared in The Mandalorian and said she's on a mission to find and stop Thrawn.  

The TV series are leading to a finale movie.  Luke appeared in another episode as well, training Grogu/Baby Yoda.  They probably don't want to use too much of the de-aging technology. But they've used him twice already so he could certainly show up again for defeating Thrawn, Inquisitors, etc.

But yeah the timelines are all over the place.  Where were all these Rebels in the movies episodes 4-6?  There are all these other Jedi and Inquisitors in different shows, where were they?  It's great to have extra stories but it creates plot holes and questions.

Saw both of those. Just saying here, if Thrawn is the big bad of Filoni’s universe, it makes no sense for Luke Skywalker to be only making cameos. The guy who defeated Vader and the Emperor is gonna sit this one out and let some randos take charge?

You really can’t have large stories set 5 years after ROTJ, involving reviving the Empire and Jedi, and not have Luke be the main character. It doesn’t make any sense. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, vikas83 said:

Saw both of those. Just saying here, if Thrawn is the big bad of Filoni’s universe, it makes no sense for Luke Skywalker to be only making cameos. The guy who defeated Vader and the Emperor is gonna sit this one out and let some randos take charge?

You really can’t have large stories set 5 years after ROTJ, involving reviving the Empire and Jedi, and not have Luke be the main character. It doesn’t make any sense. 

Yeah it's why they should've found ways to do smaller scale stories like in Mandalorian that wouldn't require the movie characters. Ahsoka being kind of the loner character doing her own side quests in new planets then by the end of her series getting drawn back into the bigger story would be better. 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2023 at 5:58 AM, vikas83 said:

. It doesn’t make any sense. 

Welcome to Disney Star Wars, in one sentence.

And sarcastically, Disney Marvel too.

On 7/14/2023 at 2:14 PM, NOTW said:

yeah that's all i remembered from the series as well. i guess they realized after the series ended. 

1 hour ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

yeah that's all i remembered from the series as well. i guess they realized after the series ended. 

They had an opportunity with the post-ROTJ content to suggest that now that the Emperor was dead it opened up people who were force sensitive.  In the prequels, Yoda said the dark side was clouding their vision and judgement, the Emperor was so powerful he could stand right in front of them all the time and none of them knew he was a Sith.  So they could have said that him dying dropped the dark powerful presence and that people who were force sensitive but older like Luke could now feel the Force and be trained.  Likewise new dark Jedi that weren't willing to be controlled by Palpatine would try to gain power and gives you new Jedi vs dark force users.  Draw from the books and video games where they did these kind of  stories.

They had the Knights of Ren in the sequels and really did nothing with them, then Ben took them all out very easily so that was underwhelming.

I stopped in Hollywood studios this weekend and explored a galaxy’s Edge.  If you haven’t been there yet go do it!  It’s amazing!  The 2 main rides were incredible!  And definitely visit Ogas cantina! 

14 minutes ago, DBW said:

I stopped in Hollywood studios this weekend and explored a galaxy’s Edge.  If you haven’t been there yet go do it!  It’s amazing!  The 2 main rides were incredible!  And definitely visit Ogas cantina! 

I thought the cantina was overrated. I made reservations several months in advance for 4:30 in the afternoon, thinking we'd have a nice happy hour before moving on to dinner at the Italian place at 6:30. According to my apple watch we walked 8 miles that day and my feet were killing me. I was looking forward to sitting down for a few drinks. Our reservation got is about a 3 inch shelf bolted to the wall, nowhere to sit. We were told not to linger for more than 45 mins. Drinks were overpriced and nothing special.

Rise of the Resistance though was the greatest ride Ive ever been on anywhere. Piloting the millenium falcon might be a close second. 

Me and my son also had a blast doing the bounties.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gannan said:

I thought the cantina was overrated. I made reservations several months in advance for 4:30 in the afternoon, thinking we'd have a nice happy hour before moving on to dinner at the Italian place at 6:30. According to my apple watch we walked 8 miles that day and my feet were killing me. I was looking forward to sitting down for a few drinks. Our reservation got is about a 3 inch shelf bolted to the wall, nowhere to sit. We were told not to linger for more than 45 mins. Drinks were overpriced and nothing special.

Rise of the Resistance though was the greatest ride Ive ever been on anywhere. Piloting the millenium falcon might be a close second. 

Me and my son also had a blast doing the bounties.

I went to the cantina solo because my wife had the kids over in Toy Story land to meet woody and Jesse.  I went in more for the pictures and the A/C.  Walked up, sweet talked the hostess and got to the top of the list, went in and had 2 beers and a mixed drink.  I knew it was standing room beforehand though.  I think they cap you at 3 drinks regardless of time but I was told 45 minutes as well.  

I agree, Rise is definitely the top ride I’ve been on, second is Smugglers run.  They did an amazing job with those two.  Shame that Rise is down multiple times a day with technical glitches.  I also learned that there are two modes to it.  If you got the animatronic Kylo, that’s mode A, if it’s a screen that’s mode B that they use with it’s glitchy.  I was lucky to get A.  

the Disney parks app with the bounties and data pad are cool but sucked my battery too fast!  Had to stop. 

next time I’m building a droid though!

we also ate at the Italian place! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DBW said:

I went to the cantina solo because my wife had the kids over in Toy Story land to meet woody and Jesse.  I went in more for the pictures and the A/C.  Walked up, sweet talked the hostess and got to the top of the list, went in and had 2 beers and a mixed drink.  I knew it was standing room beforehand though.  I think they cap you at 3 drinks regardless of time but I was told 45 minutes as well.  

I agree, Rise is definitely the top ride I’ve been on, second is Smugglers run.  They did an amazing job with those two.  Shame that Rise is down multiple times a day with technical glitches.  I also learned that there are two modes to it.  If you got the animatronic Kylo, that’s mode A, if it’s a screen that’s mode B that they use with it’s glitchy.  I was lucky to get A.  

the Disney parks app with the bounties and data pad are cool but sucked my battery too fast!  Had to stop. 

next time I’m building a droid though!

we also ate at the Italian place! 

They make a great chicken parm!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have the tagline "There is No Jedi” in your trailer. 

Everyone yells back - "yes, there is a Jedi, but somehow no one thinks to call him.”

Seems like an unsolvable plot hole. 

• Like 1

It's a great highlight of how badly Lucasfilm is run.

If I ever had the money, I'd do my best to remove Lucasfilm from the clutches of the morons at Disney.  So much potential, being wasted by Kathleen Kennedy.

Not sure if I'm going to bother with Ashoka - I can't help but feel it will be another let down.

Just wait for Rey getting her own series of movies to rebuild the Jedi order...which is all we ever wanted to see for Luke post-ROTJ.

re-watching rebels and i am at where thrawn has come into the picture. the one scene where he is talking about learning about your enemies ways, including their art, will help you defeat them.

seemed like that was right out of the first chapter of heir to the empire (which i am currently reading )

On 7/28/2023 at 5:39 PM, NOTW said:

Just wait for Rey getting her own series of movies to rebuild the Jedi order...which is all we ever wanted to see for Luke post-ROTJ.

Who'd watch that?  It is a genuine question.  The last film with Rey struggled and since then, most of what we've been given has been meh. I don't know who the audience is for Star Wars any more and if reports on the Acolyte are true, it won't exactly make stuff better.

On 7/28/2023 at 8:02 PM, Alpha_TATEr said:

seemed like that was right out of the first chapter of heir to the empire (which i am currently reading )

When the time is right, I'll got back to those books.  Very good.  As are the prequels from Timothy Zahn.  He used the pandemic well

On 7/14/2023 at 2:14 PM, NOTW said:

so ezra got the dark sabre from the knight sisters and just left it laying on the ground and sabine picked it up.

seems like another weird plot hole being created by the writers now that they are claiming she is force sensitive. how couldn't either of them sense her abilities at all ? did they blind themselves to the possibility because she was mandalorian ? 

maybe it will be explained in the series. 

1 hour ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

so ezra got the dark sabre from the knight sisters and just left it laying on the ground and sabine picked it up.

seems like another weird plot hole being created by the writers now that they are claiming she is force sensitive. how couldn't either of them sense her abilities at all ? did they blind themselves to the possibility because she was mandalorian ? 

maybe it will be explained in the series. 

A lot of little plot holes get created by the new stories.

On 7/28/2023 at 12:39 PM, NOTW said:

Exclusive sneak peek:

StarWars_20220527_164547_2968_Coletta.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Exclusive sneak peek:

StarWars_20220527_164547_2968_Coletta.jpeg

The orange one's lightsaber though :lol: