Golf

hey suess

No golf gifts for me but I did find a super nice American flag ball marker that I thought I’d lost. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Got some new Mavrik irons from Santa. Can't wait to get out and start swinging em.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did some virtual golf this weekend.  18 at pebble beach and was not pretty somewhere in the hundreds 😂 and then 9 at Aronimink (+2).

it took me a while to figure out the putting.  Even with 6’ gimmies on it was brutal. But once I got it figured out it was way better.  Hence the 2 over at Aronimink 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Golf is such a crazy game.  Played today.  Couldn’t do anything right on the front 9. But felt I had a nice run in me.  Shot a 50 on the front and then caught fire on the back like I felt I could.  Shot my all time low for a 9, 37 on the back.  One day...I’ll put it together and break 80.  But knowing that I can recover like that is new for me.  In the past I would mail it in and continue the bad round.  

You were close this year. It will happen this year. 

• Like 1

Key to breaking 80 is consistency. Not to think about score for the 18. Just this hole..this shot. Nothing worse than a bogey

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Key to breaking 80 is consistency. Not to think about score for the 18. Just this hole..this shot. Nothing worse than a bogey

Bingo! Measured emotions, a short memory/lots of reframing, and focus on each hole individually is the way to go. The mental side of the game is what separates the really good from the great. Consistency in the mind facilitates consistency on the fairways, and the results will be reflected on your score card. 

Damn, I miss the game... I need to get out there sometime soon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2021 at 12:20 AM, ToastJenkins said:

Those times I break 80 I find myself not thinking about at least until way late in the round.

My good friend who was once a 3 always said "no doubles" was his key.

Pretty hard not to think about it once you're in position

I managed to have one swing thought through the tee shot on 17...

just keep swinging. Eagled 15 to get to four under. Par on 16 and fairway off 17 tee

then i looked uphill at the green and saw a bog red 69 over it. Bogey bogey...🤬

• Sad 1

Miss the greens with your approach shots or 3-putt?

21 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Hopefully he survives it but time to go quietly and get away from golf 

Not good

27 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

That might be the end of it for him

Well from an injury standpoint we don’t know how serious it is.  Media is sensationalizing it of course but if alex smith can come back from his blackfoot then anything is possible.  I’m more concerned that he gets help for his drug addiction.  It’s clear and I joked about it above but seriously he needs to get help. I don’t know how anyone close to him didn’t see him in that condition and pull him aside and at least check on him.  

34 minutes ago, toolg said:

A friend in LA tells me that is a notoriously dangerous road. FWIW

Palos Verdes is my favorite place in the LA area.  Beautiful cliffs, tide pools, great waves,  no congestion or over population,   Everything about it is awesome.  Malibu has nothing on PV.  

• Like 1