Golf

hey suess

Just got a newsletter from my course.  We are opening in three weeks if the weather holds!  Getting close now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Man.  I can't imagine going that long.  I complained a few weeks ago when the course was closed for one weekend.  

In other news.  We got new golf carts.  Man, you know they are new when you can smell the tired when you walk up to them.  And they fly!  

Yeah it sucks but it is what it is.  I actually like taking 2 or 3 months off but 5 is unacceptable.

Shot a 79 yesterday but three 3 putts. Barf. Drove it great. One birdie. Putter was off and greens were slow

3 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Shot a 79 yesterday but three 3 putts. Barf. Drove it great. One birdie. Putter was off and greens were slow

Early still. Solid score. The greens will improve and your putting with them. 

On a mission for club champ this year

will be playing the tips consistently once we get into april

• Like 1

Keep us posted Toast!

I just booked a time next weekend and both days the following weekend.  Not my home courses but...  The normal early courses.

• Like 1

Less than one week from Round #1

Great to see Spieth win again

shot 39 on the front nine from the tips today. Birdied a 205 par three dead into the wind.. had good birdie looks on both par fives

• Like 2

Doing our masters par three tmrw where we convert all 18 holes to par threes.

generally lots of drinking and gambling to kick off the season

• Like 1

@4for4EaglesNest  You're there dude.  I didn't want to say anything a year or so back but it so reminded me of my situation 20 years back.  It took me a solid year of close calls and then it just happened.  I'd been so close so many times and finally I had a chance entering the closing holes and just stayed relaxed and focused and walked off with a 78.  Once I got over the hump it started to be a regular occurrence.  You've done the work and it is going to happen any round now.  Don't chase it, just play your game and let it come.  You could go 37/41, 40/39  or even 43/36, who knows.

• Like 1

I'm stoked.  Doing a bit of work at home with Masters music on and half an eye on the leaderboard.   My 1st tee time is this Sunday at a nearby club.  My club opens in 10 days.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I take Thur and Fri of Masters week off.  I'll be playing tomorrow, friday and saturday morning.  Probably not playing sunday, my back can't handle 4 days in a row.  That and I am also in the midst of digging a trench to my shed to run power.  But we take my ipad out on the course and hook it onto my bose speaker so me and my golfing buddies can follow along with the early groups.  I already warned the wife.  I'll be watchin golf all week/weekend.  No fire pit.  No cards.  Just golf.  

Top of my bucket list is spending Masters week in Augusta and having passes for a couple of rounds, playing the other days, and just soaking in the entire atmosphere.  I'm working on my college buddy who's been a life long golfer.  The plan is to buy one of those packages either with the wives or with two more buddies and live in town somewhere.  I think next year or the year after is the ticket.

• Like 1

i went once for a practice round - totally worth it. the place is so flawless it looks fake. sitting there at 12 tee eating my sandwiches and watching 11 green and 12 is one my favorite golf memories.

• Like 1

That was some last 11 holes by Rosie.  I think he was -9 over the last 11 holes.

Great recovery by Rose to keep it even today

good to see Spieth in the hunt and Zalatoris has played some impressive golf for a youngster. See if he succumbs to the weekend pressure

• Like 2

On 3/23/2021 at 11:14 AM, ToastJenkins said:

i dont need my ball back that badly...

I don't care if it's a Pro V1, it belongs to the snake now. 

48 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Great recovery by Rose to keep it even today

good to see Spieth in the hunt and Zalatoris has played some impressive golf for a youngster. See if he succumbs to the weekend pressure

It's good to see Zalatoris move his way up from caddy to the tour.  

Top 30 Caddy GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is it time for Japan to finally get their first major winner?  Sure looks that way.  A Japanese woman won the ladies amateur tourney at Augusta held a week earlier so it would be a double for Japan at Augusta.

Who else?  Speith couldn't seem to make anything but he expertly made his way around the course and if he can get his putter warmed up he could certainly do it.  Xander just keeps hanging around though at this point he looks like one of those dudes who is always near but not at the top.  The newbee is a great story, I hope he gives it a real run.  The Aussie and the Englishman could all pull it off if the door opens and we've got a Canuck sniffing nearby as well.

In the end it is Matsuyama's to lose assuming no one throws up a 65 or something like that.  I don't like to see anyone just fall apart but I would like to see some fireworks on the back 9 today.

Got a couple of Aussie aged black angus strips starting up now.  I'll keep it simple with baked potatoes and an a really sweet Ribera del Deuro and some asparagus.  Maybe some strawberry ice cream for dessert.  Wife agreed to eat this in front of the golf with me.

Season starts tomorrow. Haven’t touched a club since late October. I’ll be lucky to break 100.