Golf

hey suess

Played our 27 hole ryder cup today. Beat the club champ in singles with a 37 from the tips. Killed in in alternate shot too. Wedges were on fire and almost eagled a par 5 from 115 out. Hit it to 3 inches.

• Like 2

Our season is starting to wind down with courses starting to close in late October.  I drove the ball out on #14 yesterday stopping me from making a run at 80.  Still ended with a respectable 83.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Yeah aerating Greens starts out here now. Unofficial end of the season

boooooo

We had a super wet course for the last week and poked fairways.  They cleaned up most of it but there were still some slimy spots out there.  Plenty of wet leaves around as well.  Greens had recovered from aeration though and were really nice.  No frost yet but we will start to see some this week in spots.  Guess you are maybe a month from where we are at this point.

Got a 3-day golf weekend coming up, taking off tomorrow.  Might be my last golf this year as I'm having minor surgery next week and a couple weeks into November all the courses in my area will be closed.

Snuck in nine yesterday before the weather goes to crap

shot 38. Missed one fairway and two greens. Two putted everything on aerated/sand but had three good birdie looks

Played gulph mills today - shot an 85.  7 pars on the day.  Greens are the most difficult greens in the area for sure.  3 putted a few including a couple that I rolled right off the front of the green, no way to stop them.  Now I know how the pros feels during the us open 😆 

• Like 1

Awesome that PGA tournament is back to back in Las Vegas.

Also get a chance to see Shadow Creek.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very pumped to see the course in fall colors.  Hope the leaves have changed.

play suspended after one hole...they will be chasing sunlight all weekend

Schauffle is my dark horse pick. would love to see spieth but his game is all over the place. Could definitely see Rahm or DJ winning it. Bryson too

but as always, Augusta comes down to putting

2 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

The Tiger is on the prowl 

Not if Carol Baskin has anything to say about it!  

image.jpeg.6464656586130bbf61c13f4e0e7688cc.jpeg

• Haha 1

Super soft course yesterday.  It never looked so easy.

Bryson got thru the initial challenge.  He could very well make some noise now (hope not).  Tiger looks very comfortable physically and in good control but I don't think his putting will hold up once the greens get fast as he just wasn't in good form coming in.  Xander and JT look tough the way I see it.

Gotta throw a bone at Jon Rahm.  He looks and speaks like a champion.  He could easily end up wearing the jacket.

Going to be interesting to see if Casey holds up.  He's shown promise early only to fade on several occasions in big tournaments.

JT. DJ and Rahm look like the guys to beat right now