Golf

hey suess

On 11/13/2020 at 10:48 AM, DrPhilly said:

Gotta throw a bone at Jon Rahm.  He looks and speaks like a champion.  He could easily end up wearing the jacket.

Going to be interesting to see if Casey holds up.  He's shown promise early only to fade on several occasions in big tournaments.

Man talk about a blow up hole...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Man talk about a blow up hole...

Yeah. He’s flying along playing great and then looks like me for a couple shots 😊

1 hour ago, The_Omega said:

Michelle Wie-West is really annoying as an announcer.

Agree. I’m not enjoying her commentary much. Too bad. She’s a nice lady. 

I'm not a huge DJ fan but I hope he closes this one out.  He deserves a green jacket.  The guys at -11/12 are nice stories but I'd rather have the bigger name.  JT/Rahm/Reed/Rory/Brooks seem too far back.

Ya never know though.  Someone could shoot 30 on the back and nip DJ at the wire.

5 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Smith with a miracle shot on 9

trying to chase him down

Once DJ cleared 11 and 12 it was all over.  Good Masters.  Not great but solid.

Yeah dj’s birdie on 13 sealed it when smith parred it

good to see dj get his jacket. He earned it. Plus then we get more paulina 😍🏌️♀️

• Like 1

On 11/16/2020 at 10:54 PM, ToastJenkins said:

Going to be weird to turn right around and olay it again in april

Yeah but great as well

60 today but cold front coming thru tomorrow and then our highs start to move toward the low 40s going forward.  By next week everything will be closed except for places that stay open with temporary greens.  Our nine hole course will do that as long as there is no snow.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Watching the match

less fun with barkley not swinging terrible

I don't even want to watch that swing again.  Don't want to be anywhere near it.  Kind of like a sh*nk or a yi*.  Don't even want those things around me.

On 11/27/2020 at 3:37 PM, ToastJenkins said:

Watching the match

less fun with barkley not swinging terrible

Pretty entertaining

23 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

I agree i love hearing phil talk through his shots

Spent 30 mins in the golf simulator this morn

Nice. Went out yesterday

Wish they would do 2 of these a year. After Thanksgiving and after xmas

Got my driver AoA to +0.4 in the sim. Thats about the best i ever get to

my smash factor is on par with tour players i just dont have their clubhead speed. So annoying

• Like 1

That's what makes you keep going back. Back in April I shot a 93 at a course I average 82 at. The course was soaked after 3 straight days of rain. The bunkers were filled with water and the streams overflowed onto the fairways. Dead bluegills all over the place. I couldn't let that stand lol. Went back a week later for revenge. Shot an 80

• Like 3

My wife and I did some traveling the past couple of weeks, and I brought my clubs to both places.  We had to reschedule both of these trips twice each this year.......one because of COVID and the other because of hurricanes, so we only had a day in between.  

I played extremely well here 2 Saturdays ago (for me at least).  Shot an 89.  It was the windiest course I've ever played on with 2 of my best friends from college.  I seriously thought I was gonna blow over teeing off on one hole.  We stayed at a really cool cottage right off the tee box on hole #3 on the Lakes course, got hammered, and played that hole multiple times at night.  The Chesapeake is windy as F!  

https://www.qhgolf.com/

Then my wife and I went on our 1-year anniversary to Cancun and stayed at the Atelier.  This was the hardest course I've ever played in my life.  I hit the ball well, but the course intimidated me, and I metaphorically sheet my pants.  Jungle to the left, water to the right, and extremely narrow fairways on almost every hole.  And tons of wind.  And tequila.  I think I lost 10 balls and shot a true 97, but I was blasted by the 9th or 10th hole.  My wife drove the cart.  We stopped the cart guy after one hole, she took a warm shot of tequila, and puked immediately.  Beautiful course though - iguanas everywhere.

https://atelierdehoteles.com/atelier-estudio-playa-mujeres-golf

• Like 3

On 12/2/2020 at 2:28 AM, hputenis said:

My wife and I did some traveling the past couple of weeks, and I brought my clubs to both places.  We had to reschedule both of these trips twice each this year.......one because of COVID and the other because of hurricanes, so we only had a day in between.  

I played extremely well here 2 Saturdays ago (for me at least).  Shot an 89.  It was the windiest course I've ever played on with 2 of my best friends from college.  I seriously thought I was gonna blow over teeing off on one hole.  We stayed at a really cool cottage right off the tee box on hole #3 on the Lakes course, got hammered, and played that hole multiple times at night.  The Chesapeake is windy as F!  

https://www.qhgolf.com/

Then my wife and I went on our 1-year anniversary to Cancun and stayed at the Atelier.  This was the hardest course I've ever played in my life.  I hit the ball well, but the course intimidated me, and I metaphorically sheet my pants.  Jungle to the left, water to the right, and extremely narrow fairways on almost every hole.  And tons of wind.  And tequila.  I think I lost 10 balls and shot a true 97, but I was blasted by the 9th or 10th hole.  My wife drove the cart.  We stopped the cart guy after one hole, she took a warm shot of tequila, and puked immediately.  Beautiful course though - iguanas everywhere.

https://atelierdehoteles.com/atelier-estudio-playa-mujeres-golf

Nice!

Queenstown was one of my go to courses back in the 90s when I lived in Northern Virginia. Always liked both tracks especially the one along the water. 

There is another place not far from QH called Hogs Neck that is decent as well. 

• Like 1