Golf

hey suess

2 hours ago, DBW said:

I’m more concerned that he gets help for his drug addiction.  

Did anybody say if he was impaired while driving?

I am thinking leg injuries serious enough to require surgery isn’t going to help any dependence on painkillers he might have. :sad:

1 minute ago, toolg said:

Did anybody say if he was impaired while driving?

I am thinking leg injuries serious enough to require surgery isn’t going to help any dependence on painkillers he might have. :sad:

They said no evidence of impairment at the scene and he couldn’t even stand so a field test would have been out of the question.  They gave some sketchy answer on if bloodwork wasn’t drawn for testing.  Made it seem like it wasn’t because they didn’t have probably cause, but I seriously doubt they didn’t draw blood.  Also no tire/skid marks at the scene indicate he never hit the breaks so he was either asleep or so blasted he didn’t have time to react to anything.  

Tiger update

Rods In his right leg, fractures to tibia and tibula. Pins and screws in right ankle. Soft tissue injury and swelling in left leg required cutting open muscle capsule. 

He left the resort at 7am to make a 7:30 calm time at a golf course that was an hour away.  He was running very late.  Almost hit a car leaving the resort as reported by a director who is filming a tv show there.  

9 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

So maybe no drugs were involved, he was just going too fast on a bad road that he didn't know.

Maybe.  It doesn’t sounds like they did any toxicology reports.  But there’s also the lack of skidsmarks on the road that would indicate someone thinking "oh crap I’m going to fast and about to hit that curb.”   Or any indication that he lost control prior to hitting the median.  

36 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The median was apparently hard to distinguish and it was categorized as a dangerous stretch of road.  Going too fast, loses control, hits the median, goes airborne (which would explain why no skid marks) and then starts to roll off the road.  Unless he has a different account, I think that's the best explanation thus far.  

That’s entirely plausible.  The reports are he knew his name and where he was etc. he was calm and likely in shock or adrenaline made him unaware of the extent of his injuries at the time.  He asked them to get his manager to pick up his personal things from the scene.  All signs point to just a bad accident resulting from excessive speed.  But it’s still early in the investigation too.  

Woods remained conscious and calm but sustained serious leg injuries. Villanueva told CNN's Erin Burnett on Wednesday that Woods made no comments at the scene regarding the cause of the crash, and when investigators asked him about it at the hospital, "he had no recollection of the crash itself."

Woods underwent a lengthy emergency surgery on his lower right leg and ankle at the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, the statement said. The leg fractures were "comminuted," meaning the bone was broken into more than two parts, and "open," meaning the broken bone was exposed to open air, creating risk of an infection, Chief Medical Officer Dr. Anish Mahajan said in the statement.

9 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Sheriff released a statement saying he wasn't intoxicated - ruled purely an accident.

Dude was high on pills the day before so call me suspicious 

Scary accident. Luckily he is alive.

With the back issues, and now these lower body issues, a loong road to a recovery. He may be done forever with Golf. 

I feel like Tiger is too competitive to quit on these terms. He's going to use a comeback as motivation when he's going through all of that grueling rehab.

Or he says F it, hookers and blow time (again). Peace out golf. 🤷‍♂️

11 hours ago, Dawkins 20 said:

I feel like Tiger is too competitive to quit on these terms. He's going to use a comeback as motivation when he's going through all of that grueling rehab.

Or he says F it, hookers and blow time (again). Peace out golf. 🤷‍♂️

He might play in one more tournament, just to say that he did it (it also doesn't hurt the legacy to come back from something like this, resilience sells like hot cakes). I can see him dominating the senior circuit at some point down the road. I have never been a Tiger fan, but I would hate to see him completely walk away from the game.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

He might play in one more tournament, just to say that he did it (it also doesn't hurt the legacy to come back from something like this, resilience sells like hot cakes). I can see him dominating the senior circuit at some point down the road. I have never been a Tiger fan, but I would hate to see him completely walk away from the game.

CAN he walk away from the game?  

I’m sorry that was too easy 

327CC05C-CA62-40CF-A908-18292276A987.jpeg

9D73F988-A030-49E8-AFE8-87DF1176A616.jpeg

3 hours ago, Dawkins 20 said:

DeChambeau with a 370 yard drive at Bay Hill. :o

Still made a 4.  It’s impressive but useless in most cases.  

On a personal note, I bought some new golf pride Z cord grips and the tools needed to regrip my own clubs.  Also bought the superspeed training sticks. Trying to get my swing speed up a little bit but no chance I’m getting to Bryson levels.  I just wanna out drive my dad 😂 

6 minutes ago, DBW said:

Still made a 4.  It’s impressive but useless in most cases.  

His approach shot after the drive was brutal, but I gotta give him props on going for it on the drive. 

11 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

His approach shot after the drive was brutal, but I gotta give him props on going for it on the drive. 

He really didn’t though. He hit it way right of the green.  If you’re gonna go for it, then go for it.  Rory hit his like 361 and Conner had the longest one there the day before so it’s not like he’s the only one doing it.  But because he ate a small cow everyday DeFatBruh is somehow special.  Rory is 5’8” and about 165 lbs soaking wet. His driving distance is way more impressive. 

6 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Hit the simulator today

playing 18 tuesday hopefully

Gonna be nice Tuesday and Wednesday!!! I’m trying to get out one or both days myself! 

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a couple of incidents.  Once my ball stopped about 20ft from a full size alligator sunning on the bank of a lake.  When I addressed the ball I couldn't see him since he was just down the side of the bank a bit.  I just walked up, took my stance, and swung.  Put it up near the green.  The other time was a tee shot around a bend and the ball ended up about 15 yards from a group of wild bore including the male with tusks.  That was probably fairly dangerous given the litter of about 10 youngins.  I never should have even retrieved the ball.  I walked over and hit it. The male grunted a bit but that was about it.