Where do you stand on QB for 2022

ManchesterEagle

Where do you stand on QB for 2022  

199 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do at QB in 2022

• Hurts is the guy in 2022 and beyond - I'm convinced.
    • Roll with Hurts in 2022 with Minshew as back-up - see how it plays out.
    • Should be open competition between Hurts and Minshew in TC
    • Minshew should start
    • Trade for Deshaun Watson
    • Trade for Russell Wilson
    • Trade for Aaron Rodgers
    • Trade up in first to get a QB (say who in the comments)
    • Stay put in first to get a QB (say who in comments)
    • Trade a low rounder for Kirk Cousins
    • Sign Teddy Bridgewater
    • Sign another free agent to compete with Hurts/Minshew (say who in comments)

1 hour ago, judunno said:

Bring in Trubisky

Maybe in 2023, when they realize Hurts is not the answer.

1 minute ago, opa-opa said:

Maybe in 2023, when they realize Hurts is not the answer.

I'd bring him in to compete with Hurts. Hurts is used to it 

We still gonna overpay for a quarterback who is closing in on 40, getting paid near 40 mil, for three first round picks, but can’t even beat a 6th seed at home after a first round bye? 

19 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

We still gonna overpay for a quarterback who is closing in on 40, getting paid near 40 mil, for three first round picks, but can’t even beat a 6th seed at home after a first round bye? 

To be fair there are very few who have openly advocated trading for Rodgers. There is however a genuine "I Want Eagles to Get" - "Mitchell Trubisky" thread. There are also numerous who want to draft rookies in the first round with Andy Dalton upsides.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I said NFW to trading for Rodgers (or Wilson or Carr or ….) even before last night’s loss.  We are not just a top tier QB away from being a contender.  It would be extremely foolish to use up so many premium draft picks and a huge chunk of cap to add him to a roster that needs a lot of work.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

To be fair there are very few who have openly advocated trading for Rodgers. There is however a genuine "I Want Eagles to Get" - "Mitchell Trubisky" thread. There are also numerous who want to draft rookies in the first round with Andy Dalton upsides.

Trubisky threads…. I mean I guess he can come in and be some competition, but realistically he isn’t much better than we already have. Whatever the Eagles do the smart thing is to use these picks to build the roster, and not waste them away trying to chase some fake SB dreams.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I said NFW to trading for Rodgers (or Wilson or Carr or ….) even before last night’s loss.  We are not just a top tier QB away from being a contender.  It would be extremely foolish to use up so many premium draft picks and a huge chunk of cap to add him to a roster that needs a lot of work.  

If the Eagles foolishly waste this draft capital on any of these quarterbacks (btw Carr or Cousins definitely isn’t coming here and winning a thing) they will be either retiring in a couple years cause they had it with the FO or demanding another trade out of here. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

If the Eagles foolishly waste this draft capital on any of these quarterbacks (btw Carr or Cousins definitely isn’t coming here and winning a thing) they will be either retiring in a couple years cause they had it with the FO or demanding another trade out of here. 

I don’t think Mahomes or any of the top echelon QBs could win anything here yet alone Carr, Cousins, etc :lol:

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, time2rock said:

58 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Trubisky threads…. I mean I guess he can come in and be some competition, but realistically he isn’t much better than we already have. Whatever the Eagles do the smart thing is to use these picks to build the roster, and not waste them away trying to chase some fake SB dreams.

For me there is zero point in bringing in competition at this stage and it would just be a waste of cap room. We already have Minshew, who would be as good or better than anyone we could bring in without hurting ourselves too much in respect of picks or cap.

At this stage it only makes sense to bring in someone through the draft and even then the Eagles shouldn't feel obliged to take someone in a weak class. Stocking up for 2023 may be the best option.

After watching the games this weekend I'm not excited for more Hurts at all. He's not even on the same planet as these guys.

• Sad 1

Yeah watching these games today was depressing. We have such a looong way to go to catch up to any of these teams.

• Like 1

There were more accurate passes thrown in the KC/BUF game than our starting QB has thrown in his entire college and pro career.  Rather depressing to think we may have another year of Hurts.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EagleTen said:

This weekend’s Divisional games showed what real Quarterbacks can do!

Yep - that Jimmy G is some player!

I hope they trade their top 4 picks for Sam Darnold. A source told me they are

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

If you don't have a franchise QB, you are wasting your time.

Look we would all love to have a franchise QB, but we need to be smart about it. Good to great QBs can't do much if the team around them isn't good enough. 

5 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Yeah watching these games today was depressing. We have such a looong way to go to catch up to any of these teams.

Indeed.  A LOT more than just an upper echelon QB.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

If you can't understand he is the exception and nowhere near the rule, then you read the room like Hurts reads a defense.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Bad example though bud. He benefits from a fantastic scheming HC, a creative run game and a top defense.

• Like 1

Let's face it, the Eagles as a team aren't anywhere near playoff level except at maybe O line.  They barely squeaked into the playoffs beating bad teams, backup QBs and because the NFL added a 7th playoff team.  

The core of the team by now should be built from the last 5-6 drafts.  What has Howie accomplished in those drafts to make this a playoff team?  Every team has a couple of good players, Eagles drafted Goedert and Mailata and a couple other guys who start and are decent players but they lack super stars and big time playmakers everywhere.  With Devonta Smith we'll see how he develops.  In 2-3 years what guys on this roster right now are wowing audiences in the playoffs?

Howie has failed to build through the draft his entire tenure and fans keep thinking "this time Howie just needs to nail this draft."  Quarterback is no different.

They've been searching for a long-term answer at QB ever since McNabb left.  Kolb, Vick, Foles and Bradford never played a full 16 game season with the Eagles.   Vick was here for 5 years but the first year he didn't do much since he was just getting back to NFL shape out of jail.  So really 4 years. 

The best they had was trading up a bunch of draft capital and players with 2 trades to get to #2 to draft Carson Wentz.  Carson was here 5 years, started out looking like the answer then only played 2 full 16 game seasons while regressing, suffering injuries and being traded.

"The QB Factory" isn't producing.    

It's very hard to find that long-term answer at QB, they don't grow on trees.  But it doesn't help when the GM making the personnel decisions has proven to fail.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1