Help Fund the EMB

VaBeach_Eagle

Nope.  The way some posters have been responding is disgusting. Would never donate with self-absorbed clowns.  Take a look how they respond to "newbies".  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Talon said:

Nope.  The way some posters have been responding is disgusting. Would never donate with self-absorbed clowns.  Take a look how they respond to "newbies".  

If you see what you feel are inappropriate responses, please use the Report feature and bring it to someone' attention. There's only a few mods and not everything can be caught. 

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If you see what you feel are inappropriate responses, please use the Report feature and bring it to someone' attention. There's only a few mods and not everything can be caught. 

You got my name, check my posts

10 minutes ago, Talon said:

Are you talking about the thread in R&R where you asked how much it would take to get Hunt from the Bills, even though there was no Hunt playing for the Bills? Expect some ribbing when you make dumb mistakes. No one even said anything that bad. You cant be serious....

3 hours ago, Talon said:

I have really limited time, due to the family health issues that I've posted about at various times. So if you could help me out and either send me the links to any 'offending' posts, or go and use the 'report' feature on those posts, it would be more than helpful. 

I see your name and I believe there was someone with the same name on the old EMB, so I assumed you were that same person. I could very easily be mistaken, though. So if you're new to the EMB in general, meaning you weren't a member of the old EMB, one thing to know is that you should take a lot of stuff with a grain (or a shaker) of salt. 

Very many of us here, have been posting together for up to close to 25 years. So while we give each other 'the business', it's not generally meant to be truly hurtful or 'mean' or however you want to classify it. 

Someone could call you an idiot today, but tomorrow want to laugh and joke around with you like friends from the neighborhood. 

Of course, after saying all of that, are you fairly new to the EMB in general or have you been around for a while?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, McMVP said:

I think the Bengals win convincingly…and not just because of Mahomes ankle (who I think plays well enough)

Bengals 34

Chiefs 26

————-

I have bad juju when it comes to predicting our playoff games…so I don’t want to put it out there lol

Is this the thread that you wanted to put this?

32 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Is this the thread that you wanted to put this?

Lol…no…thanks VaB

• Like 1

wtf is going on with this place i see i need to try and buy more stuff using the amazon link so the board can afford another upgrade ;)

19 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

wtf is going on with this place i see i need to try and buy more stuff using the amazon link so the board can afford another upgrade ;)

Is there something that isn't working right or that you're not fully enamored with? Please post about anything like that in the Upgrade thread, it's still a work in progress and I'm trying to address any issues that can be addressed:

I'm not quite sure why, but there seems to have been a spike in clicks on our Fanatics link yesterday... no purchases, but a lot more clicks than usual. 

image.png

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm not quite sure why, but there seems to have been a spike in clicks on our Fanatics link yesterday... no purchases, but a lot more clicks than usual. 

image.png

I liked that banner. Thought it was a great idea.  I'm shocked that no one bought anything. 

But I didn't either so...

40 dollars for a t shirt.  And another 40 for super bowl champions,  I figured I'd just hold off and get a jersey with a super bowl patch. But not one of those gray ones either. 

Maybe on prime day and black Friday so the same thing with the Amazon link?

Lots of SB gear up now. I like several of the hats.

I was considering a Hurts 1 with the SB patch but they only have 3XL in stock right now?

On 1/30/2023 at 7:49 PM, HazletonEagle said:

I liked that banner. Thought it was a great idea.  I'm shocked that no one bought anything. 

But I didn't either so...

40 dollars for a t shirt.  And another 40 for super bowl champions,  I figured I'd just hold off and get a jersey with a super bowl patch. But not one of those gray ones either. 

Maybe on prime day and black Friday so the same thing with the Amazon link?

There's been a couple of sales at Fanatics so far, $6 in commissions for those couple of sales. 

January's Amazon commission report:

image.png

Lower than December, which was fully expected but a little better than I'd expected for the month after Christmas shopping was complete. 

Amazon is discontinuing their Smile program effective Feb. 20. I'll switch to here though having to click on the link in the 24 hours prior will take some effort to remember.

• Like 1

I just ordered some soft scrub because I'm too lazy to go to the store.  I guess you can say I'm your hero.

• Like 2

i'm certain that my wife's amazon's purchases could singlehandedly fund this board for the next 50 years...but that would involve me telling her about this place & that i've been wasting time on variations of the emb for the past 20+ years. :blush:  

• Haha 1

On 2/8/2023 at 1:26 PM, paco said:

... because I'm too lazy to go to the store. 

I do that from time to time too, and since Covid hit, I've discovered the whole 'order groceries and have them delivered to your front door' thing, and when I just don't feel like going to the store, I go to my front porch lol. 

7 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Incoming.

mens-47-black-kansas-city-chiefs-vs-phil

What are you going to do to cover up that chiefs logo???

9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

What are you going to do to cover up that chiefs logo???

I don't think like that. I have that Foles vs Brady shirt from LII and its better that I see Brady and know that Foles outplayed him.

I have liked the Chiefs for a while, since Vermeil coached them. They have lots of links to Philly. I think Andy is great. I have good friends who are Chiefs fans.

I still want to crush them but the hat is cool the way it is. (IMO)

As a board, we made a little bit from the Super Bowl. 

From Sunday to today (so far), we've earned about $18 in guest ads, $3 on Amazon and a since the NFCCG, around $51 from Fanatics. Had we won on Sunday, those numbers wuld have likely been a lot higher and I had special 'plans' that may have helped the board immensely :angel But alas, it wasn't to be.  :furious: 

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

As a board, we made a little bit from the Super Bowl. 

From Sunday to today (so far), we've earned about $18 in guest ads, $3 on Amazon and a since the NFCCG, around $51 from Fanatics. Had we won on Sunday, those numbers wuld have likely been a lot higher and I had special 'plans' that may have helped the board immensely :angel But alas, it wasn't to be.  :furious: 

Whatever could have helped the board immensely sounds like it's worth discussing.  Maybe we can still do it?

What were you thinking?

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Whatever could have helped the board immensely sounds like it's worth discussing.  Maybe we can still do it?

What were you thinking?

Some on here likely know what I'm referring to, some may not. I did the same 'special stuff' in 2004/05 and 2017/18. Shoot me a PM and I can explain.