Help Fund the EMB

VaBeach_Eagle

• 3 weeks later...

been getting a couple of things off amazon keep trying to come here and click the link first.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

been getting a couple of things off amazon keep trying to come here and click the link first.

Every little bit definitely helps and in a few weeks, the boards account will be dropping by about $2,000 (for the coming year of hosting). 

On 3/19/2023 at 10:19 AM, HazletonEagle said:

Bezos just got a little poorer again. I made a 19 dollar purchase.

$0.57 commission.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pallidrone said:

Are you still taking donations through the GoFundMe page?

Last time I logged in over there, it was still active and any donations are definitely appreciated, but getting more and more people to use the Amazon link can do away with the need for donations. 

The month of March is going to be a good month:

Spoiler

image.png

For the year:

Spoiler

image.png

As of yesterday, we're on pace for close to $1,000 for the year. If everyone (or at least a good number of people) use it often, we could easily double that or more and that wouldn't require any 'new' out of pocket money from anyone because these would be on things that were going to be purchased anyway. 

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Last time I logged in over there, it was still active and any donations are definitely appreciated, but getting more and more people to use the Amazon link can do away with the need for donations. 

The month of March is going to be a good month:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

For the year:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

As of yesterday, we're on pace for close to $1,000 for the year. If everyone (or at least a good number of people) use it often, we could easily double that or more and that wouldn't require any 'new' out of pocket money from anyone because these would be on things that were going to be purchased anyway. 

Id like to know, once the bill is due- whats the difference between the cost, and what we earned through all platforms.

I think it would be very easy for a bunch of us to donate the difference so we never fall behind.

Im sure one day hopefully soon we wont have to do that. But for now Im happy to help keep it healthy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Id like to know, once the bill is due- whats the difference between the cost, and what we earned through all platforms.

I think it would be very easy for a bunch of us to donate the difference so we never fall behind.

Im sure one day hopefully soon we wont have to do that. But for now Im happy to help keep it healthy.

The bills will be due in about 2 weeks (most of them... I've already paid one). I'll figure it out and post. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The bills will be due in about 2 weeks (most of them... I've already paid one). I'll figure it out and post. 

Cool. I try to use the Amazon links but I always forget. I am with HE here - I don't mind helping by donating some cash until the site is solvent from all the other sources.

I'm still unclear if it works to click from here on mobile, which opens my Amazon app and if that registers, or if it's only when within the same browser like on my laptop in Chrome.

We will have things in the Amazon cart we might be deciding on, my wife will for example put 3 different items then want me to login and pick one.  If it's already in the cart and then I click the affiliate link here, then go purchase does that count?  Or is it like you have to click into the product and add it to your cart from the beginning to get credit?

16 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

Cool. I try to use the Amazon links but I always forget. I am with HE here - I don't mind helping by donating some cash until the site is solvent from all the other sources.

Going through the numbers, the boards bank account currently has $2,075.98 in it

The bills (some of which have been paid already, some are coming due in the coming weeks, some will come due in October and December), combined into one number are: $2,313.62

Of that, I've already paid: $567.87

Leaving due: $1,744.75

For 2022, the board earned $1,106.07 from the various revenue streams that I've set up (Amazon, Google and Fanatics). I haven't totaled up what it for this year (so far), but Amazon is what I mentioned above (somewhere), around $240 so far. 

So, unless I'm forgetting something that will be billed later, we're good to go for 2023 as far as the money on hand and what the remaining bills will be, and we'll have a few hundred dollars left over for 2024. 

(I went over the numbers quickly while doing 10 other things, so I'll double check the numbers later and make any corrections, if needed)

13 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I'm still unclear if it works to click from here on mobile, which opens my Amazon app and if that registers, or if it's only when within the same browser like on my laptop in Chrome.

We will have things in the Amazon cart we might be deciding on, my wife will for example put 3 different items then want me to login and pick one.  If it's already in the cart and then I click the affiliate link here, then go purchase does that count?  Or is it like you have to click into the product and add it to your cart from the beginning to get credit?

Next time you make a specific purchase, PM me the dollar amount (broken down to exclude taxes and/or shipping but also tell me the grand total). I can log in and look for that dollar amount and see if it shows up.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Going through the numbers, the boards bank account currently has $2,075.98 in it

The bills (some of which have been paid already, some are coming due in the coming weeks, some will come due in October and December), combined into one number are: $2,313.62

Of that, I've already paid: $567.87

Leaving due: $1,744.75

For 2022, the board earned  from the various revenue streams that I've set up (Amazon, Google and Fanatics). I haven't totaled up what it for this year (so far), but Amazon is what I mentioned above (somewhere), around $240 so far. 

So, unless I'm forgetting something that will be billed later, we're good to go for 2023 as far as the money on hand and what the remaining bills will be, and we'll have a few hundred dollars left over for 2024. 

(I went over the numbers quickly while doing 10 other things, so I'll double check the numbers later and make any corrections, if needed)

If our total bill for the year is 2314 for the year, Id like to know we are raising that much each year. Its a good idea to keep excess in the account incase you need to do something to upgrade or fix something unexpectedly.

So if the board has earned 1346 in 2022 plus YTD this year we technically still need to raise $968 to break even. Correct?

26 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

So if the board has earned 1346 in 2022 plus YTD this year we technically still need to raise $968 to break even. Correct?

Not counting donations, correct, and that's my ultimate goal. 

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Not counting donations, correct, and that's my ultimate goal. 

oh ok so donations added in, we technically need less than 968 to break even for the year?

Thats even better.

Any idea how much in donations there have been?

3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

oh ok so donations added in, we technically need less than 968 to break even for the year?

Thats even better.

Any idea how much in donations there have been?

I typed A LOT more than you probably wanted to know, so I'm putting everything in a spoiler and you can read it if you wish, but if not, the donation numbers for 2022 (through January of this year), totaled $2,132.29 (after their fees were taken out). Included in that number but donated after the 2022 bills were paid, was $176.55. 

For a more detailed (maybe rambling) explanation of that, click the spoiler below.  

Spoiler

It's a little more difficult to say for an individual year because the first series of donations lasted for about a year and a half of bills, so when I paid last years bills there was a mixture of the first series of donations, the second series of donations and a small amount of revenue that we earned (most of our earnings came after 2022's bills were paid). 

There was probably a couple to a few hundred dollars left in the account after the bills were paid because the bills didn't use 100% of the funds in the account, but I don't remember off hand what the balance was after the bills were paid.

So if I just look at the donations that came in after the bills were paid last year, (the donations totaled $2,132.29 through January of this year, after GoFundMe took their fees), there's $176.55 from donations that came in after the majority of the bills were paid.

So let's use that $176.55 with the understanding that there was at least a few hundred dollars still left over from various sources. I could figure out the exact number if need be, I'd just have to dig through the monthly statements.

I'm assuming your number of $968 is correct, so just subtract the $176.55 from that and get to $791.45. 

Of course something that I don't factor into any of this and I just absorb personally, is that all of this money (donations and revenue from all of the various streams), is technically (in the eyes of Uncle Sam), "income" for me. Of course, the expenses offset the income so that there's no 'profit', but I do have to include all of it when I do my taxes.

I'm sure there's some that tire of me pushing the Amazon link and at times, the Fanatics link, but I'm really trying to get us to where donations aren't needed at all. Everyone (even guests), can contribute by just using that Amazon link and I truly believe that the money from Amazon alone (if everyone uses it a lot), will MORE than pay for everything. 

Recently, I was sent a link to 'another' football message board, and they have huge, obnoxious ads all over the site. Doing that likely brings in a good amount of revenue, but it makes for an absolutely HORRIBLE experience and I refuse to do that here.

• Like 1

Thanks. 

So it looks to me like we should shoot for about 800 bucks in donations as the break even point. 

Agree.  I was invited to the other board when I was suspended for the super bowl.  Not a bad landing spot for anyone but it's not the EMB that is for sure. 

28 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Thanks. 

So it looks to me like we should shoot for about 800 bucks in donations as the break even point. 

Agree.  I was invited to the other board when I was suspended for the super bowl.  Not a bad landing spot for anyone but it's not the EMB that is for sure. 

No it's not, the lay out of that board is horrible. I told them that I won't go over there because of it. 

44 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

No it's not, the lay out of that board is horrible. I told them that I won't go over there because of it. 

It was at least invision, so familiar enough to use without a big adjustment. But the ads are horrible and I hope to never be stuck with it as my only option.

Ill still occasionally check to see some of DUMs individual contract stuff (not salary cap stuff). And see if some of those other guys are smart about the draft.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

It was at least invision, so familiar enough to use without a big adjustment. But the ads are horrible and I hope to never be stuck with it as my only option.

Ill still occasionally check to see some of DUMs individual contract stuff (not salary cap stuff). And see if some of those other guys are smart about the draft.

Yes! The ads are absolutely horrible agreed. 

I just placed an amazon order for about $209 pre-tax.

Watch for Bezos' helicopter to drop the pallet of cash for the EMB soon.

7 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

But the ads are horrible

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yes! The ads are absolutely horrible agreed. 

The ads that we have here, for guests aren't even as obnoxious as those are. Of course, guests can get rid of ads here by just registering and logging in. So that serves as a little bit of an incentive to join. 

• Like 2

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The ads that we have here, for guests aren't even as obnoxious as those are. Of course, guests can get rid of ads here by just registering and logging in. So that serves as a little bit of an incentive to join. 

Yes, if we had ads like that I probably wouldn't even bother coming here anymore so thanks for keeping that to a minimum..... Now you soliciting Amazon is another story 😜

• Haha 1

The March Amazon Affiliate results:

Spoiler

image.png

Not bad, it was a good month! Keep going!