Cutting the cord

wholesale_Melvin

I'm all set, dropped Xfinity's junk off at their store and cancelled. Got the new TMobile home internet 50 bucks a month with equipment and taxes included in that price. Plus I get YouTube TV at a discount for having TMobile. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm all set, dropped Xfinity's junk off at their store and cancelled. Got the new TMobile home internet 50 bucks a month with equipment and taxes included in that price. Plus I get YouTube TV at a discount for having TMobile. 

I have t mobile.  Do you get it as an existing t mobile customer, or is it a new deal.  What are your thoughts on YouTube TV be Sling ??

45 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I have t mobile.  Do you get it as an existing t mobile customer, or is it a new deal.  What are your thoughts on YouTube TV be Sling ??

I got it as a new customer. It's a pretty good deal IMO. I didn't get the wireless router yet. That comes tomorrow, I'll let you know how it performs. I would think they would offer a bundle, they did throw in a free tablet 

I haven't had sling since it was the first live streaming service out there, with 20 channels for 15 bucks lol. I was going to go back to it one point but they don't offer local channels. I've had all of the live streaming services at some point, I think YouTube tv is the most balanced and offers a little bit of everything as far as channels go. 

I had Fubotv for awhile but they dropped TNT and TBS which for NBA season is a no go for me. 

On 10/26/2021 at 9:51 PM, downundermike said:

So after a day or 2 of service the internet works really good and I'm not really in a TMobile area and definitely not in a 5G area. It still streams really well and download speeds seem to be decent. 

Literally the very next day after hooking this damn thing up I get an email from Verizon for their version of the 5g internet for 40 bucks to people that have their cell phone service which I do and I get great service with them. Freaking bastids. Oh well I'm not cancelling TMobile now it works good enough for what I do. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, DBW said:

Anyone have a promo code for paramount plus? 

For what? It's 5 bucks a month bro. Just get it and cancel immediately, gives you a month to watch what you want for 5 bucks

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

For what? It's 5 bucks a month bro. Just get it and cancel immediately, gives you a month to watch what you want for 5 bucks

I’ve seen free year promos for t-mobile.  Just wondering if there’s a deal to be had 

Just now, DBW said:

I’ve seen free year promos for t-mobile.  Just wondering if there’s a deal to be had 

Ahh got you. I'm not sure, I can't keep up with all these damn streaming services lol. I have TMobile internet, I didnt even notice it

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone with YoutubeTV noticed over the past few weeks, picture resolution has suddenly and drastically decreased?

I also have voice and picture not synced on fox which is noticeable during studio segments during sporting events like this pregame show right now. 

I did find a work around for he resolution. Insteas of Auto, which for some reason is defaulting to 480p, you can manually set it to whichever is the highest resolution offered by the network.  But, you shouldnt have to manually set this for every network you are trying to watch. And there seems to be no fix for the sound sync issue.

I also noticed, its crystal clear, and synced up well online if I watch on my computer. And the online stream is about 5 seconds ahead of my TV.

Anyone else notice any of this lately?

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Anyone with YoutubeTV noticed over the past few weeks, picture resolution has suddenly and drastically decreased?

I also have voice and picture not synced on fox which is noticeable during studio segments during sporting events like this pregame show right now. 

I did find a work around for he resolution. Insteas of Auto, which for some reason is defaulting to 480p, you can manually set it to whichever is the highest resolution offered by the network.  But, you shouldnt have to manually set this for every network you are trying to watch. And there seems to be no fix for the sound sync issue.

I also noticed, its crystal clear, and synced up well online if I watch on my computer. And the online stream is about 5 seconds ahead of my TV.

Mine is fine

41 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

well wtf?

Does your company have an office in Perth?

6 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I haven't had any issue

On 11/28/2021 at 12:40 PM, HazletonEagle said:

ive noticed an issue on my tv where the picture will freeze but the audio continues. if i hit the fast forward button it fixes it. seems to only happen on a few channels though. 

1 minute ago, BFit said:

ive noticed an issue on my tv where the picture will freeze but the audio continues. if i hit the fast forward button it fixes it. seems to only happen on a few channels though. 

I havent had that.

I watch so little network television that its taken a while to realize I think my issues are only on the local networks.

I have 480p and  mismatched voice/picture on Fox, and CBS.

I can set fox to 720p, and CBS to 1080p manually, which I have done. But the voice on the broadcasts is still not synced. Its insanely annoying on the studio or booth parts of the broadcast. But still bad enough that its noticable in a game when the announcers are just a beat early reacting to a big hit, or an incomplete pass or stuff like that.

I have noticed though, that when my wife has the challenge on MTV, its not an issue. Resolution is fine, as is the sound.

I think the ESPN pre-game stuff is fine too.

So, seems to be just locals. Once football season is over I probably wont notice this anymore. But thats mainly what I watch on TV so its still kind of upsetting. 

22 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I havent had that.

I watch so little network television that its taken a while to realize I think my issues are only on the local networks.

I have 480p and  mismatched voice/picture on Fox, and CBS.

I can set fox to 720p, and CBS to 1080p manually, which I have done. But the voice on the broadcasts is still not synced. Its insanely annoying on the studio or booth parts of the broadcast. But still bad enough that its noticable in a game when the announcers are just a beat early reacting to a big hit, or an incomplete pass or stuff like that.

I have noticed though, that when my wife has the challenge on MTV, its not an issue. Resolution is fine, as is the sound.

I think the ESPN pre-game stuff is fine too.

So, seems to be just locals. Once football season is over I probably wont notice this anymore. But thats mainly what I watch on TV so its still kind of upsetting. 

Another example of why the challenge is the best watch on tv! 

15 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

more yttv bullsheet...

This seems to be the case with any streaming service. 

I think as long as you are signed up with a big time company with tons of money (like google/youtube) theyre always going to end up making the deal and youre not gonna lost the channel forever. 

Other services have decreased channels, and increased price. At least youtube up front is saying we are going to cut 15 dollars off your bill temporarily until this is resolved. Im pretty certain any streaming service that intends to be a serious contender in the market is not going to permanently go without ABC and ESPN. No real worry to me.

They reached the deal to keep NBC Philly. They reached the deal to keep or put back the YTTV app on Roku TVs. Theyve so far proven to be trustworthy to get a deal done. 

48 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

more yttv bullsheet...

It's annoying, I had Fubotv and they didn't have Disney at all. Then they got them and dropped TNT and TBS. Right when the NBA was starting back up in the bubble so I dropped them. 

36 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It's annoying, I had Fubotv and they didn't have Disney at all. Then they got them and dropped TNT and TBS. Right when the NBA was starting back up in the bubble so I dropped them. 

Thats the issue. I know Fubotv is a somewhat known brand to those who have shopped streaming services. But... wtf is a fubo? Who are they? Thats some made up rinky dink brand thats not gonna fork over the money. 

Youtube TV isnt going to damage their brand. Google is too big. 

If a little player like Fubo wants to play hardball, the networks can say fine. Screw yourselves over. Youre a small company, and  youre going to lose what little marketshare you have as customers leave you when you drop our networks. Gonna get crushed by big corporations like Youtube, DirecTV Stream, probably even Hulu....

Google can play hard ball. They have money to weather the storm. Youtube is a major brand. People will continue to find them easily, and first timers will flock to their service based on name recognition. And when push comes to shove, the company pay up when the time comes to just get a deal done.

16 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Thats the issue. I know Fubotv is a somewhat known brand to those who have shopped streaming services. But... wtf is a fubo? Who are they? Thats some made up rinky dink brand thats not gonna fork over the money. 

Youtube TV isnt going to damage their brand. Google is too big. 

If a little player like Fubo wants to play hardball, the networks can say fine. Screw yourselves over. Youre a small company, and  youre going to lose what little marketshare you have as customers leave you when you drop our networks. Gonna get crushed by big corporations like Youtube, DirecTV Stream, probably even Hulu....

Google can play hard ball. They have money to weather the storm. Youtube is a major brand. People will continue to find them easily, and first timers will flock to their service based on name recognition. And when push comes to shove, the company pay up when the time comes to just get a deal done.

Fubo started off as a steaming network for soccer and grew from there. They are also getting into the sports online gambling using their streaming services or some sheet. They are mostly marketed as a sports streaming service. 

They also just lost history and A&E and charge freaking 75 bucks a month. 

When I first got them they offered more.channels then any of the services they were pretty legit. 

I'm cool with YouTubetv for now anyways. Google is like my apple. Everything I have is google from my pixel phone to my Chromebook. I was also thinking about getting their phone service along with their pixel pass monthly subscription. 

5 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

no deal...all those channels are gone.

Figures this would happen just when I finally cut the cord again. So when they do get them back the price will probably go up again. 

On 12/13/2021 at 9:30 PM, HazletonEagle said:

And when push comes to shove, the company pay up when the time comes to just get a deal done.

This didn't happen