Washington Commanders can't do anything right

toolg

On 4/5/2022 at 9:11 AM, EricAllenPick6 said:

Snyder is not going to voluntarily sell the team.  The NFL is not going to force him to sell the team.  He is going nowhere.  He's best buds with Jerry Jones, and his pal Jerry can force the league to do pretty much whatever he wants.  My prediction is that all of this controversy is going to go away, and somebody is going to get paid very well to be quiet and that's that. 

I imagine the NFC East owners will do everything in their power to make sure he holds onto the club.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Procus said:

I imagine the NFC East owners will do everything in their power to make sure he holds onto the club.

And I just saw this yesterday 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dan-snyder-investigation-nfl-owners-reportedly-counting-votes-as-they-grow-weary-of-commanders-owner/

Bits I found interesting: 

"There's growing frustration about the Washington situation and not over one issue, but over how much smoke there is," an anonymous team owner told USA Today. "I think everybody's getting tired of it."

"If [the financial improprieties] happened, I think that's the nail in the coffin," said a second owner to USA Today. "We are counting votes." 

Removing Snyder as an NFL owner would require 24 votes among NFL ownership (three-fourths), and it appears the tally has already begun behind the scenes.

Sounds like if the financial allegations are true Snyder's gone.  

4 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

And I just saw this yesterday 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dan-snyder-investigation-nfl-owners-reportedly-counting-votes-as-they-grow-weary-of-commanders-owner/

Bits I found interesting: 

Sounds like if the financial allegations are true Snyder's gone.  

Well that just ruins my day

• Like 1

Commanders bought some acreage out in the middle of nowhere Virginia, about an hour drive from Washington DC.  Speculation is its a future stadium site.

• Sad 1

R-Word Lackey: We need to choose a site for the new stadium.  One of the fan's biggest complaints is that FedEx Field is nowhere near DC and takes forever to get to.  What are your thoughts?

Dan Snyder: *snorts line* Woodbridge Va!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toolg said:

Commanders bought some acreage out in the middle of nowhere Virginia, about an hour drive from Washington DC.  Speculation is its a future stadium site.

It's more like a half hour.  The problem is that this is still a really bad location.  If you live in Virginia you already know the traffic on I-95 is terrible, and that stretch is just about the worst.  There's no public transportation.  It's not easily accessible to (really any) airport.  It's far from the Redskins practice facility in Ashburn (that has to be at least a 1.5 hour drive).  

It just makes no sense to me.  They've basically gone from a really bad location in Landover to another really bad location in Woodbridge.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, paco said:

Dan Snyder: *snorts line* Woodbridge Va!

I've seen this before, it's the "it's on I-95 therefore it's a good location" syndrome.  

Whatever.  F the Redskins.  Look y'all I live like 30 minutes from that stadium location.  I'm gonna be at every Eagles game there for sure.

• Like 1

Half hour drive? Imagine what all the traffic will be like on gameday? Scratch that... the stadium is half empty anyway!

Anyway, what's wrong with the old RFK site?  Knock that thing down and build a new state-of-the-art stadium there.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 1:49 PM, EricAllenPick6 said:

It's more like a half hour.  The problem is that this is still a really bad location.  If you live in Virginia you already know the traffic on I-95 is terrible, and that stretch is just about the worst.  There's no public transportation.  It's not easily accessible to (really any) airport.  It's far from the Redskins practice facility in Ashburn (that has to be at least a 1.5 hour drive).  

It just makes no sense to me.  They've basically gone from a really bad location in Landover to another really bad location in Woodbridge.  

Google says 47 minutes....without traffic.

There's ALWAYS gonna be traffic.

Thanks to the Occaquan, there will be no shortcuts, or backroads to get you there.  It's basically I95, or Route 1.

They basically traded out one remote, hard to get to stadium for another.  It'll probably be easier to get there from Richmond!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Vee said:

Google says 47 minutes....without traffic.

There's ALWAYS gonna be traffic.

Thanks to the Occaquan, there will be no shortcuts, or backroads to get you there.  It's basically I95, or Route 1.

They basically traded out one remote, hard to get to stadium for another.  It'll probably be easier to get there from Richmond!

Richmond is still so far away, 90 minutes or so when conditions are good.  It's really the same situation north or south because of the Potomac. I-95 and Route 1 are the direct routes, or drive out west towards Manassas area and approach from there. I-95 is always jammed in this stretch because there aren't many other easier/faster options to get in and out of DC. Not much public transportation either. Metro is nowhere close to Woodbridge. It will take forever from the Maryland suburbs to get there.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a report that the plans are for a 55,000 seat stadium.  If that's true it would be one of the smallest in the league, a 12,000 + less seats than the linc.  35,000+ less than the Cowboy's stadium.  

Pros:

• Smaller stadiums could be a good thing for a (somewhat unpopular) home team.  Since there are fewer seats you'd have more sold out games. 
  • It would also make tickets a little harder to come by, which would mean that we Eagle fans would have a harder time getting tickets (in theory). 
  • It's also a smaller venue, which might improve the fan experience.   It's a dome, so you close the roof and get plenty of fan noise.  

Cons:

• It would be  embarrassing if the commanders couldn't even sell out their own very small stadium.  Washington's home attendance was 2nd to last int he NFL at 52,751, so that's a very real possibility. 
  • I don't think this 'harder for opposing teams to get tickets' argument is valid.  Eagle fans dominated the stands in FedEx, and I don't think that would change much in a new stadium.  

12 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I saw a report that the plans are for a 55,000 seat stadium.  If that's true it would be one of the smallest in the league, a 12,000 + less seats than the linc.  35,000+ less than the Cowboy's stadium.  

Pros:

• Smaller stadiums could be a good thing for a (somewhat unpopular) home team.  Since there are fewer seats you'd have more sold out games. 
  • It would also make tickets a little harder to come by, which would mean that we Eagle fans would have a harder time getting tickets (in theory). 
  • It's also a smaller venue, which might improve the fan experience.   It's a dome, so you close the roof and get plenty of fan noise.  

Cons:

• It would be  embarrassing if the commanders couldn't even sell out their own very small stadium.  Washington's home attendance was 2nd to last int he NFL at 52,751, so that's a very real possibility. 
  • I don't think this 'harder for opposing teams to get tickets' argument is valid.  Eagle fans dominated the stands in FedEx, and I don't think that would change much in a new stadium.  

I think its pretty forward thinking to make smaller stadiums. If they do it right, make it a boutique experience, they could revolutionize NFL stadiums the way Camden yards did 30 years ago.

• Like 1

Did they start designating areas to tarp off when their fans continue not to show up? :lol: 

Did a big fiber job at Fort Belvoir in the early 2000's and stayed in Woodbridge. At the time there was a metro station not too far from where we stayed that took you to downtown D.C. but the rides were few and far between. Even if they expanded it or upped the number of trains since then I still can't see how it wouldn't be a major pain in the chimphole getting to and from Woodbridge on gamedays. Good luck with that.

I would not be offended if it was the Washington Rednecks.  I will design the logo

they will be forever known from this day forth, as the washington commodes. 

22 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

they will be forever known from this day forth, as the washington commodes. 

Pretty clever brah!

I’m down in North Carolina from Maine, in a Dunkin I see a guy with a "Washington Justice” shirt.  With everything going on, I think that sounds catchy, fits, and would play well and match up in a division with eagles (national bird) and cowboys

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ESPN going hard on Snyder today. Says Snyder thinks he has enough dirt on Goodell and owners to blackmail himself into staying. Owners hate Snyder, he’s tanked the Commanders, and they could move to remove him. 

• Like 1

At this point, I'd put my money on Snyder having a little "accident".  One sure way of guaranteeing that, is by pissing off 31 Billionaires

I just heard about this during the game tonight. Even Al Michaels is taking shots at him