Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

Chappelle - Dreamer. Some pretty funny stuff. Also some long, largely unfunny, stories to set up some jokes. Not as funny as some of his other specials, but a hell of a lot funnier than Gervais’ latest.

Watching Loudermilk. I dont think it took 3 episodes to get good.  I thought it was pretty funny in episode 1.

Liked it through about 3 or 4 episodes. 

Started to get bored with it.  Now I'm around maybe episode 8. Not sure I'm going to continue.  There are 3 seasons.  It's not gripping enough to watch that much of it. 

One complaint- Cutter is a bit too over the top to the point of annoyance. 

This may be something to go back to every so often when there's nothing fresh and exciting on Netflix. But not binge worthy .

There was a close up picture of a boob shown on a cell phone.  Not good enough for a Booby Bonus Score. But at least it happened so there isn't a no boobs penalty.

Straight up 6/10.

• Haha 1

Finally saw Beef and it's friggin brilliant.  Just gets better as it goes.

• Like 2

Just watched the doc of the blonde who was kidnapped in California. Pretty F’ed up 

• Like 1

Fool Me Once, based on the Harlan Coben novel…excellent show, and the main British actress Michelle Keegan is a damn stone cold fox. 

IMG_8571.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Started Griselda last night. 1 ep in. Looking like itll be very good.

I’m 2 episodes in. Vagara looks like the Joker. Other than that it’s been ok.

Are you a foodie?  Do you like Dungeons & Dragons?  Delicious in Dungeon takes an absurd (but pertinent) premise and makes it into one of the best shows the genre has ever seen.

Griselda has definitely found it's "Narcos" groove, but I can't help but think that if you feel the need to make a Yaas Qween Gurrrrl Power show about a female drug lord, you might be missing the bigger picture.

1 hour ago, The_Omega said:

Griselda has definitely found it's "Narcos" groove, but I can't help but think that if you feel the need to make a Yaas Qween Gurrrrl Power show about a female drug lord, you might be missing the bigger picture.

I found it poetic justice that as bad as she was and as much as she wanted the power and respect, no one ever heard of her. I have certainly heard of Escobar. And El Chapo. And a few of the other cartels in power right now. Never heard of Griselda. 

Shes dead.

Heck, its too bad they made a show about her. She didnt deserve that. Im sure shell be forgotten again soon enough. 

The Hill 10/10 sports movie.  

-0.1 for no boobs. 

9.9/10

Basically a no boobs perfect rating. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone watch Bodies? Mystery show about London detectives in different timelines investigating the same dead body. 

It was something different and creative. After a while I got more invested in certain characters and how the story unfolded. Hard to say much without spoilers but it's worth watching. An 8 episode limited series. 

The Tourist - What an odd show, and I don’t necessarily mean that in a bad way. Australian slow burner that takes a little time to settle into its pace because it starts out with a pretty good car chase. Goofy at times with some unusual themes throughout (for a TV show anyway), when violence does occur it’s often unexpected and sometimes brutal. No b00bs (sorry HE) which is a shame because one of the main female characters is pretty stinking beautiful (I’ll let you decide which one).  Overall, I thought it worth a watch, though I’m not sure if my wife will be onboard for season 2 in a couple of weeks or if I’ll be watching that one by myself.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Im watching house of ninja. Its quiet and music and action is loud. Its dubbed and subtitled. The dubbing does not match what the subtitles say. Its often too dark to really see who is who.

I have absolutely no idea what is going on. I dont know who people are, what they are doing, or why. 

Episodes are about an hour long, and MAYBE you get some ninja action at the end of an episode. Its rather boring.

No boobs. 

3/10 -2.0 for lack of boobs. = 1/10 but watchable for the occasional ninja action.

• Haha 1

On 2/16/2024 at 1:14 AM, NOTW said:

Anyone watch Bodies? Mystery show about London detectives in different timelines investigating the same dead body. 

It was something different and creative. After a while I got more invested in certain characters and how the story unfolded. Hard to say much without spoilers but it's worth watching. An 8 episode limited series. 

My wife and I started this one - but could not get invested.  Perhaps we will revisit based upon your rec.

On 2/17/2024 at 11:56 AM, HazletonEagle said:

Im watching house of ninja. Its quiet and music and action is loud. Its dubbed and subtitled. The dubbing does not match what the subtitles say. Its often too dark to really see who is who.

I have absolutely no idea what is going on. I dont know who people are, what they are doing, or why. 

Episodes are about an hour long, and MAYBE you get some ninja action at the end of an episode. Its rather boring.

No boobs. 

3/10 -2.0 for lack of boobs. = 1/10 but watchable for the occasional ninja action.

Explore sounds good GIFs

Binge finished House of Usher over the weekend. The strength of the show is the creative reimagining of Poe's most famous writings. The ending is messy and the divergent plotlines don't quite work in tandem, but entertaining enough throughout with jump scares and memorable characters.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 1:14 AM, NOTW said:

Yes, I watched it and enjoyed it.  Something different

On 2/17/2024 at 11:52 AM, The_Omega said:

The Tourist - What an odd show, and I don’t necessarily mean that in a bad way. Australian slow burner that takes a little time to settle into its pace because it starts out with a pretty good car chase. Goofy at times with some unusual themes throughout (for a TV show anyway), when violence does occur it’s often unexpected and sometimes brutal. No b00bs (sorry HE) which is a shame because one of the main female characters is pretty stinking beautiful (I’ll let you decide which one).  Overall, I thought it worth a watch, though I’m not sure if my wife will be onboard for season 2 in a couple of weeks or if I’ll be watching that one by myself.

Tried it.  couldn't do it. Hope you enjoy the 2nd season.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 7:06 AM, sameaglesfan said:

My wife and I started this one - but could not get invested.  Perhaps we will revisit based upon your rec.

Don't blame me if you don't like it though :lol: it's definitely not for everyone. My wife sort of gave up discussing the theories after a while, she doesn't like going backward and forward in timelines. It's also British, but not hard to understand the accents. 

On 9/21/2023 at 8:56 AM, we_gotta_believe said:

Shane Gillis has a new special out and it's pretty damn good

Gillis fired from SNL years ago and is the host of SNL this week. I think he will absolutely kill it, dude is just funny 

6 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Gillis fired from SNL years ago and is the host of SNL this week. I think he will absolutely kill it, dude is just funny 

Yeah I'll watch it. Bargatze hosted a few months back and every sketch was gold. 

Watched episode 1 of Warrior last night. Its very promising.

There is an interesting tumultuous dynamic going on in the whole city. A bunch of very interesting characters. I am curious to see how their stories intertwine.

There have already been a few different fight scenes.

And there are already 3 TnA scenes. Including a full frontal with slit visibility. 

This is starting off as a 10/10. 

• Haha 1

Dude is just on fire and the pilot of Tires is hilarious 

Netflix Orders Shane Gillis Scripted Series Based on His YouTube Pilot ‘Tires’ 

On 2/22/2024 at 8:25 PM, HazletonEagle said:

Watched episode 1 of Warrior last night. Its very promising.

There is an interesting tumultuous dynamic going on in the whole city. A bunch of very interesting characters. I am curious to see how their stories intertwine.

There have already been a few different fight scenes.

And there are already 3 TnA scenes. Including a full frontal with slit visibility. 

This is starting off as a 10/10. 

Through 4 episodes.  Boobs in every one.  This is a very good show that pays you in boobs for watching. It doesn't get any better than this. 

Highly recommend. 

5 episodes down, and Im thinking this is one of the best shows on Netflix.

It was originally on cinemax (which explains all the boobs). Picked up by netflix and fans are hoping for a season 4. Not sure if Netflix green lighted or not yet.

But its really good. And not because of the boobs. Its good on its own.