Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

New show just popped up. "The Chosen One.”  I just started it. Looks pretty good.  Also, I won $100 on the Phillies today.  Got hammered last night after they lost, placed the bet in anger, and knew they wouldn’t lose 2 in a row to the Nats. @vikas83, once the market picks up and you’re no longer a poor again, you’ll be able to place big baller bets like that.  

image.gif.306b5df2325141c635416e389116b5c9.gif

I was looking for a different gif, but this one will do just fine.  @SkippyX please don’t report me if it offends you.  

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, hputenis said:

New show just popped up. "The Chosen One.”  I just started it. Looks pretty good.  Also, I won $100 on the Phillies today.  Got hammered last night after they lost, placed the bet in anger, and knew they wouldn’t lose 2 in a row to the Nats. @vikas83, once the market picks up and you’re no longer a poor again, you’ll be able to place big baller bets like that.  

I was looking for a different gif, but this one will do just fine.  @SkippyX please don’t report me if it offends you.  

:roll: 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, hputenis said:

9 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

STOP. I AM WARNING YOU. STOP IT RIGHT NOW. 

He doesn’t report people!  There was only that one time, then that other one time, and then that other one time - but they all deserved it cause they harassed him!

• Haha 1

Painkiller was a pretty decent limited series about the OxyContin epidemic. Kind of the big short meets the drug world.

Also, if someone puts a bullet in Sackler’s skull nothing of value would be lost.

Painkiller was meh to me. I saw Dopesick not that long ago, and if you've seen that already, you've seen Painkiller with better acting.

On 7/28/2023 at 2:49 PM, hputenis said:

There's a new Netflix series called "How to Become a Cult Leader."  Being obsessed with cults and stupid people, I am totally hooked.  This is a play by play instruction manual on how to actually become a cult leader.  :roll:  

Next up on Netflix - "What to do with a Dead Body."  

I just started watching this. Peter Dinklage's narration is awesome. Every once in a while a little Tyrion Lannister comes through. 

• Like 1

Is this new Rebel Moon movie based on any source material? Production budget must've been pretty big.

2 hours ago, Creed Bratton said:

How’s it compare to F is for Family?

Not even close to as funny in my opinion, but F is for Family is tough to beat.  This one has a more disturbing and intricate plot for a cartoon.  

• Like 1

Any of you nerds watching One Piece?  I’m all in. Fantasy, childish, but it’s also something you would never show your kids.  I’m on Episode 3 and I’m "hooked.”  Like a pirate!  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hputenis said:

Any of you nerds watching One Piece?  I’m all in. Fantasy, childish, but it’s also something you would never show your kids.  I’m on Episode 3 and I’m "hooked.”  Like a pirate!  

forgot about. did look good. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hputenis said:

Put it on watch list yesterday.  That and the Gomarrah cartoon will duke it out for my attention once i finally finish the last episode of Wicher.

• Like 1

Watched "Beef” this week.  Pretty good show, Wong and Yuen really worked well together.  It had some dull moments, some hilarious over the top moments, and some heart warming and heart wrenching moments.  A little bit of everything and I think characters we can all relate to.  

• Like 2

On 9/3/2023 at 2:25 PM, hputenis said:

I’m totally in on this.  The red haired chick is absolutely, incredibly, unfairly hot. 

• Haha 1

New show called Spy Ops. Episode 1 told about the American special forces that fought in Afghanistan on horseback. 

It made me go re-watcg the movie called 12 Strong.

Pretty cool how closely the movie matched the story told by the CIA guy on spy ops.

12 Strong I could have swore was on Netflix,  but these days you can find it on Amazon Prime.

Movie is worth a watch on its own.  But cool to watch them both back to back. 

On 8/23/2023 at 11:59 AM, we_gotta_believe said:

Is this new Rebel Moon movie based on any source material? Production budget must've been pretty big.

He was going to make a Star Wars movie, but he wanted to make it rated R and not use any characters from the other movies, he wanted something with brand new characters and stories.  So he made Star Wars without the Star Wars.  The trailer looks like a rip off of Star Wars, Dune and others.

https://www.polygon.com/23840513/rebel-moon-zack-snyder-star-wars-sci-fi-preview

https://screenrant.com/rebel-moon-star-wars-movie-plan-changes/

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a44885680/rebel-moon-star-wars-snyder-netflix/

The Deepest Breath - Holy ish. Documentary about free diving, been out for a little while. Those people are insane. Literally. They have to suffer from a compulsion.  It is amazing what a human body can endure when fueled by that compulsion though.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2023 at 10:36 PM, HazletonEagle said:

New show called Spy Ops. Episode 1 told about the American special forces that fought in Afghanistan on horseback. 

It made me go re-watcg the movie called 12 Strong.

Pretty cool how closely the movie matched the story told by the CIA guy on spy ops.

12 Strong I could have swore was on Netflix,  but these days you can find it on Amazon Prime.

Movie is worth a watch on its own.  But cool to watch them both back to back. 

If you like bourbon, the soldiers from that created horse soldier bourbon. It's good and the mold that they make the bottles in was formed from WTC steel. 

Also, if you guys haven't seen The Machine yet, it's solid. 

• 2 weeks later...

We need to boycott this movie...

Kevin Bacon (Eagles fan) is wearing a Cowboys hat!  :nonono:

• Like 1
  • Angry 1