Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

I started watching Fool Me Once last night - it's literally exactly the same as every other Harlan Coben series they've shown on Netflix :lol: I'll probably still work through it - should be an easy binge

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

I started watching Fool Me Once last night - it's literally exactly the same as every other Harlan Coben series they've shown on Netflix :lol: I'll probably still work through it - should be an easy binge

Don't know who that name is but I keep seeing people say the show is great. 

That'll be next up for me after we finish season 2 of Reacher on Prime.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Don't know who that name is but I keep seeing people say the show is great. 

That'll be next up for me after we finish season 2 of Reacher on Prime.

image.thumb.png.36c1d876dc721081fc7cbdfd48216edd.png

• Like 1

Harlan Coben is an author and a ton of his books have been made into series on a variety of streaming platforms - mostly Netflix but there was one on Prime recently too 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

image.thumb.png.36c1d876dc721081fc7cbdfd48216edd.png

Looks like itll be new to me. I dont think Ive seen any of those shows. 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Looks like itll be new to me. I dont think Ive seen any of those shows. 

I watched the first three - they're all decent.  I think the others are in another language so I passed on them.  

We watched the 1st episode of Fool me Once last night.  It is definitely a Harlan Cobin show.  The lead girl is smoking hot though.

• Like 2

Society of the Snow is a huge thumbs up!  I was a big fan of Alive! the novel and the 90's movie was good so I didn't see a need for another version. Whoah was I wrong, having latino actors in Uruguayan accents + the better effects and cinemetography of the day + the twist of of using a different narrator.  It's a terrific movie, definite must watch.

7 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Society of the Snow is a huge thumbs up!  I was a big fan of Alive! the novel and the 90's movie was good so I didn't see a need for another version. Whoah was I wrong, having latino actors in Uruguayan accents + the better effects and cinemetography of the day + the twist of of using a different narrator.  It's a terrific movie, definite must watch.

I'll have to check this one out.

If you haven't seen this, it's a documentary you'd probably like: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1157720/

26 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Its on my list. But I expect 0 boobs so its not a priority. 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

It was very good.  I don't think I even moved watching it. 

Netflix anime is about to make my saturday mornings fun.  Dorohedoro & Arcane s2's coming up.  

• Like 2

On 1/9/2024 at 3:55 PM, mikemack8 said:

Harlan Coben is an author and a ton of his books have been made into series on a variety of streaming platforms - mostly Netflix but there was one on Prime recently too 

How exciting!  Do you lead the discussions in your all female book club ****ot?!  

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, hputenis said:

How exciting!  Do you lead the discussions in your all female book club ****ot?!  

Why yes, yes I do

• Haha 4

Anyone watch The Trust on Netflix?  The first four episodes are out.  The first two episodes make most of the cast very unlikable and it was very tough to watch.  I finally got to the third episode and it got better.  I don’t recommend it unless you really want to watch an unlikable cast complain the first two episodes.

On 1/12/2024 at 8:28 AM, mikemack8 said:

Why yes, yes I do

Solid move, it's a fly trap for getting action.  It's like the male cheerleader, quietly getting more than anyone else on campus.

On 1/9/2024 at 2:52 PM, mikemack8 said:

He’s my wife’s favorite author so we watch all his shows, but they have become so copy and paste. I did still like the show though. 

Fool me once was good. 

8.5/10. No boobs penalty -0.5 = 8/10

• Like 1

I started watching Loudermilk, Ron Livingston as a snarky alcoholic leading an AA support group.  It's just ok, not sure I'll stay with it.  It has a mix of pseudo-edgy cable TV content (sex and drugs jokes), network TV sitcom tropes (constantly bumping into the 1 attractive neighbor next door) and attempts at indie movie vibes (he's a music snob who used to write for Rolling Stone, basically he's John Cusack in High Fidelity).

I'm almost done with season 1 and they've gone away from the main characters to focus on side characters that are odd and way too unrealistic.  One guy's sponsor is constantly stalking him at his work, spying outside his apartment window, etc.  Does he not work?  It's like a bad YouTube skit. They had an opportunity to show more compelling stories of these addicts and play it for comedy but they're going too absurd, the over the top ridiculousness takes you out of it.

I hope it gets back to the main character dealing with his addiction and the pressure of helping others that comes out as sarcasm and comedy, but might give up if it doesn't get better.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

I started watching Loudermilk, Ron Livingston as a snarky alcoholic leading an AA support group.  It's just ok, not sure I'll stay with it.  It has a mix of pseudo-edgy cable TV content (sex and drugs jokes), network TV sitcom tropes (constantly bumping into the 1 attractive neighbor next door) and attempts at indie movie vibes (he's a music snob who used to write for Rolling Stone, basically he's John Cusack in High Fidelity).

I'm almost done with season 1 and they've gone away from the main characters to focus on side characters that are odd and way too unrealistic.  One guy's sponsor is constantly stalking him at his work, spying outside his apartment window, etc.  Does he not work?  It's like a bad YouTube skit. They had an opportunity to show more compelling stories of these addicts and play it for comedy but they're going too absurd, the over the top ridiculousness takes you out of it.

I hope it gets back to the main character dealing with his addiction and the pressure of helping others that comes out as sarcasm and comedy, but might give up if it doesn't get better.

It looks funny. Its on my list. Might watch soon. I read it takes till about episode 3 to get better. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 2:52 PM, mikemack8 said:

It’s not bad. There aren’t many shows/movies that my wife and I can watch together but anything by this Coben knob seems to do the trick. I really liked Safe with Dexter. Thought that show was great. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

It looks funny. Its on my list. Might watch soon. I read it takes till about episode 3 to get better. 

I watched half of the first episode and no boobs so I smashed my TV after I gave it a thumbs down rating. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, hputenis said:

It’s not bad. There aren’t many shows/movies that my wife and I can watch together but anything by this Coben knob seems to do the trick. I really liked Safe with Dexter. Thought that show was great. 

They've all been pretty good.  My favorite of his was The Five, but it's not on Netflix anymore.  All of his stuff is very formulaic though - every episode ends with just a LITTLE more info leaked out, and they make you think about half a dozen people are the "bad guy" until it's all over :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

I watched half of the first episode and no boobs so I smashed my TV after I gave it a thumbs down rating. 

That's disappointing. 

I'll skip that part of the show. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

They've all been pretty good.  My favorite of his was The Five, but it's not on Netflix anymore.  All of his stuff is very formulaic though - every episode ends with just a LITTLE more info leaked out, and they make you think about half a dozen people are the "bad guy" until it's all over :lol: 

I’m also currently getting hammered at the Chickie and Pete’s in terminal C before I fly back down to estrogen central zero. 😩

• Haha 1