Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

The Crown, final season is today.  4 parts dropped today.  I won't get a thing done tonight.

Nyad was good. I recommend.

• Like 1

The Killer - Pretty good slow burner although the ending was anticlimactic. 1st 10 to 15 minutes I thought it was a fail but it quickly got better after that. With Fincher directing I figured it would.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, The_Omega said:

The Killer - Pretty good slow burner although the ending was anticlimactic. 1st 10 to 15 minutes I thought it was a fail but it quickly got better after that. With Fincher directing I figured it would.

Yeah I saw the first 10-15 minutes but have to get back to it and see it.

12 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Has to be the most narrated movie I ever watched.  Stuck with it for 30min and figured, I’m this far in may as well finish it.

3 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

The Killer was solid

Probably not like your sheet after a Chipotle run, right Mr. Firehose?  

• Haha 1

I thought killer was a decent movie. More of a slow burn thriller type than an action movie. 

Fight scene was pretty good. 

On 11/16/2023 at 3:03 PM, DiPros said:

The Crown, final season is today.  4 parts dropped today.  I won't get a thing done tonight.

I'm not a 'royalist' by any sense of the term, but I've watched the entire series and it's been good. In episode 4 (of season 6), I thought that it was a bit odd of them to have Diana and Dodi's sort of 'ghosts' speak to Charles, the Queen and Dodi's father. 

I'm not sure how much of the story is actually true and what is make believe. I figure that Diana having bought Harry a birthday gift that she never got to give to him might be true. The rest of Dodi beginning to propose and Diana shutting him down and all that, probably make believe. But who knows. Maybe there's some articles out there that detail what they think is true and what's fictional.

3 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Downsizing was a fun and smart little rabbit hole.

I thought the plot started out great, but I don't like the direction it went.  Got weird and silly kind of quick.  

2 hours ago, hputenis said:

I thought the plot started out great, but I don't like the direction it went.  Got weird and silly kind of quick.  

Idiot

• Angry 1

Obliterated - Supposedly made by the same people who make Cobra Kai, it's exactly what you'd get if you let a bunch of 12 year old boys make a show.  Bloody, loud, profane with some decent t & a thrown in for good measure.  It's also pretty funny at times, even when you're trying to force yourself not to laugh because it's so ridiculously stupid.  I'm not going to waste my time hoping it gets better, I'm just going to waste my time hoping that we get more of Shelly Hennig's amazing ass.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Obliterated - Supposedly made by the same people who make Cobra Kai, it's exactly what you'd get if you let a bunch of 12 year old boys make a show.  Bloody, loud, profane with some decent t & a thrown in for good measure.  It's also pretty funny at times, even when you're trying to force yourself not to laugh because it's so ridiculously stupid.  I'm not going to waste my time hoping it gets better, I'm just going to waste my time hoping that we get more of Shelly Hennig's amazing ass.

Sounds like one I'll watch. Love boobs.

• Haha 2

On 11/18/2023 at 10:16 AM, EaglePhan1986 said:

The Killer was solid

Finally saw it.  Thought it was awesome.  Surprising for a Netflix movie.  Currently watching "Leave the World Behind" while "working."  I'll report back because it's off to a great start.  

2 hours ago, hputenis said:

Finally saw it.  Thought it was awesome.  Surprising for a Netflix movie.  Currently watching "Leave the World Behind" while "working."  I'll report back because it's off to a great start.  

Turning that on now. If it’s great, great! If it sucks, I’ll just say how ghey you are. Win win 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

@hputenis I lost interest 

We already talked about this. You can’t have the men’s urine party section up on Craig’s List while attempting other things.  You’ll lose focus 10 out of 10 times.  

• Haha 1

On 12/10/2023 at 10:36 AM, LeanMeanGM said:

Leave the world behind was good but the ending sucked 

Yeah, I was entertained throughout, which is more than I can say for a lot of the junk I watch these days.

Spoiler

Did they ever attempt to explain why the deer were behaving like that? Seems like a plot hole to me. 

But yeah, super-unsatisfying ending.

Watched family switch. Solid, decently funny family movie. I was expecting a bit more christmas in it. For a christmas movie it was a bit lacking on that theming. They came up with some interesting scenarios to put each of them in while they were switched in to different bodies.

Pretty good. 7/10.

.5 decuction for no boobs. 6.5/10.

• Haha 2

On 12/4/2023 at 10:44 AM, The_Omega said:

I'm on episode 3, enjoying it so far. Figured it would hold me over until Reacher Season 2 starts on Friday.