Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

Didn't want to start a new thread, and this will be on Netflix. Loves BHC 1 and 2. 3 never happened.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/14/2023 at 11:40 AM, DiPros said:

The Crown last 6 eps. out today.  

I've watched the series (most of it), and I found the stuff from the 40's through the 80's to be interesting, more so up through the late 60s. The more recent stuff, not as much. I watched out of curiosity to see how they'd handle the whole situation with Princess Diana and Charles. But aside from that, the more recent stuff just isn't as interesting to me. 

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've watched the series (most of it), and I found the stuff from the 40's through the 80's to be interesting, more so up through the late 60s. The more recent stuff, not as much. I watched out of curiosity to see how they'd handle the whole situation with Princess Diana and Charles. But aside from that, the more recent stuff just isn't as interesting to me. 

True.  The first few seasons were great. WWII, Churchill, Margaret Thatcher, the mining tragedy. The (2) actresses that played the younger Queen were really good.

I made it through 5 eps last night.  There is a couple of flashbacks to 1945 VE Day.  Margaret and Lillibet went to the Ritz to celebrate, and the Queen (then princess) was getting down with the boys form the US (Harlem) Jazz.  Not sure if that actually happened since this series is listed as fictional.  When Margaret dies, they flash back again to them walking home from the Ritz and you see older Margaret's ghost with young Lillibet at the gate of Buckingham Palace.  Just like they did with Princess Di and Dody.  Weird, but at least they were consistent.  Queen mother dies in her bed, no ghosts.  It may be worth a watch to you since you liked the older stuff.  

They could have picked a better actor to play Harry, His character isn't as impressive as young William.  Got 1 more to go which I won't get to watch until Sunday probably.

15 minutes ago, DiPros said:

True.  The first few seasons were great. WWII, Churchill, Margaret Thatcher, the mining tragedy. The (2) actresses that played the younger Queen were really good.

I made it through 5 eps last night.  There is a couple of flashbacks to 1945 VE Day.  Margaret and Lillibet went to the Ritz to celebrate, and the Queen (then princess) was getting down with the boys form the US (Harlem) Jazz.  Not sure if that actually happened since this series is listed as fictional.  When Margaret dies, they flash back again to them walking home from the Ritz and you see older Margaret's ghost with young Lillibet at the gate of Buckingham Palace.  Just like they did with Princess Di and Dody.  Weird, but at least they were consistent.  Queen mother dies in her bed, no ghosts.  It may be worth a watch to you since you liked the older stuff.  

They could have picked a better actor to play Harry, His character isn't as impressive as young William.  Got 1 more to go which I won't get to watch until Sunday probably.

I've watched most of this final season... fell asleep at some point though and it kept playing into the final episode. So I'll have to go back and pick up where I last remember seeing it lol. 

As for the night out on the town at the end of WWII, that's supposed to be true... at least in that they really did go out like that. There's a movie about it (mostly fictional, I'm sure), called "A Royal Night Out". 

The 'ghost' stuff is a bit of an odd choice for them to delve into. I'm wondering if they got some new writers or producers and that was their input for this final season, because they didn't do any 'ghosts' for the King when he died, or Queen Mary when she died. 

• Like 1

I watched love and monsters today.

Very fun movie for a time when you are sick and just need something to watch.

7.5/10 -0.5 for no boobs. 7/10.

• Haha 1

Rebel Moon. Awful. Boring. Snyder really thinks he makes epic movies. It ripped off Star Wars and at least 15 other movies, just like Avatar (and even ripped off Avatar). 

On 12/15/2023 at 4:21 PM, DiPros said:

Weakest season overall, great show but glad they ended it.

Getting back into Black Mirror. Didnt realize a new season was out. "Joan is Awful" is a fantastic episode. 

• Like 2

On 12/22/2023 at 2:04 AM, NOTW said:

Rebel Moon. Awful. Boring. Snyder really thinks he makes epic movies. It ripped off Star Wars and at least 15 other movies, just like Avatar (and even ripped off Avatar). 

An absolute Turd Sandwich.  Another Snyder Special: a few underdeveloped concepts with potential, a dozen undeniably slick still frames, and a whole lot of boring nonsense.

Ricky Gervais - Armageddon - Weak. Basically an hour of him ripping on woke politics so I could have loved it, it just wasn’t funny enough to love it. Worst special of his I’ve seen so far.

On 12/22/2023 at 1:04 AM, NOTW said:

On 12/24/2023 at 11:06 PM, dawkins4prez said:

An absolute Turd Sandwich.  Another Snyder Special: a few underdeveloped concepts with potential, a dozen undeniably slick still frames, and a whole lot of boring nonsense.

Spoiler

image.gif.3456d4f849a79fba613878e71460e81f.gif

• Like 1

Derry Girls - Irish sitcom about working class teenage girls. Only a few episodes into the 1st season but this show is wicked funny at times.

I loved "Leave the World Behind". One of the best movies I've seen in a long time. 

16 hours ago, Gannan said:

I loved "Leave the World Behind". One of the best movies I've seen in a long time. 

I've stayed away because literally everyone says skip due to how bad the ending is. 

Berlin is very good if you were a fan of Money Heist.

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I've stayed away because literally everyone says skip due to how bad the ending is. 

The end is meh, but still worth watching. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I thought it was worth the watch, even though I agree the ending sucked 

On 1/3/2024 at 7:50 AM, HazletonEagle said:

Berlin is very good if you were a fan of Money Heist.

It took a while to get over the voice being different.  I’d say it stayed true to who Berlin was.  It’s worth a watch if you liked Money Heist, but it’s not to that level.  To be fair, it’s tough to be that good.

I know someone who said they watched Berlin.  I asked them about the voice being different from Money Heist was an issue for them.  They had no clue what I was talking about since they never saw Money Heist.

1 hour ago, RPeeteRules said:

It took a while to get over the voice being different.  I’d say it stayed true to who Berlin was.  It’s worth a watch if you liked Money Heist, but it’s not to that level.  To be fair, it’s tough to be that good.

I know someone who said they watched Berlin.  I asked them about the voice being different from Money Heist was an issue for them.  They had no clue what I was talking about since they never saw Money Heist.

Agree.  Not the 10/10 that money heist managed to be with no boobs.

But still good of you like that slow. 

I noticed the voice on episode 1 but then got used to it.  Didn't bother me. 

What i didn't like us something weird happened to the red head inspectors face.  Now she's ugly. 

• Like 1

I’m 2 episodes into the Brothers Sun. It’s great so far. Funny and action packed. 9.5 out of 10. No boobs so far @HazletonEagle so I’ll knock it down to a 9. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I’m 2 episodes into the Brothers Sun. It’s great so far. Funny and action packed. 9.5 out of 10. No boobs so far @HazletonEagle so I’ll knock it down to a 9. 

Thats still pretty good. 

I wonder why Netflix is so stingy with the boobage? So many shows lately getting docked for lack of boobs.

• Like 1

Still working my way though the new season of Black Mirror. One episode is more F'd up than the last. We watched "Beyond the Sea" last night. Really, really dark (perfect follow up to the Eagles game). Love the cast. I really enjoy seeing Aaron Paul play characters radically different than Jessie Pinkman. Dude is a really good actor. 

:lol:

The scene with the villain at the end reminded me that they ripped off the idea of Luke/Vader/Boba Fett in Bacta tanks.