GDT: NFC Wildcard, Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1-16-22, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

Just now, vaff said:

I wonder if the Josh Sweat situation had anything to do with that? If he was dealing with a life threatening situation, it’s possible that drained a lot of energy from the team. I’m not saying that’s what happened, just speculating.

I don't think so. The slow starts have been a pattern for weeks. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CaliEagle said:

I don't think so. The slow starts have been a pattern for weeks. 

Weeks and weeks and weeks. Down 10-0 twice to the WFT. Down was it 17-3 or something in the second NYG Game.

Seth Joyner is bringing up a good point.  Gannon is so passive.not a surprise the defense reacts that way.  

1 minute ago, T-1000 said:

So you're excited for Bridgewater or Keenum next year. How about a rookie in a bad QB class.

Are you a big Hurts guy or do you just think he is better than the other options?

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not making it complex. If you're not trading all your picks then your options are reduced... So I'm asking what your options are. 

You are just tailgating on the other clown, so here is my earlier response.  You have it made up in your mind that we have to give up picks this year, which is simply fantasy.

"To start...Wilson, Mariota, Carr, Brisset, Pickett, Corral, Strong, Watson...or any QB that can read a defense and accurately throw the ball. There will be others 

Now, put your money where your mouth is and prove these guys aren't upgrades on the field."

9 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

To start...Wilson, Mariota, Carr, Brisset, Pickett, Corral, Strong, Watson...or any QB that can read a defense and accurately throw the ball. There will be others 

Now, put your money where your mouth is and prove these guys aren't upgrades on the field.

LMAO, Wilson isn't agreeing to come here. Even IF he did they wouldn't be able to fill the other multiple holes this team has after trading for him and paying him so it wouldn't matter. Same with Watson.

Mariota and Brisset are trash. They've been in the league for several years and failed with multiple teams but you don't want to give Hurts a second season as starter to get better. Nice double standard.

Carr is an upgrade but will cost legit assets and much more against the cap and will land the Eagles in a land of league mediocrity just like the Raiders have been in for years with him leading their franchise. 

LMAO at thinking the team is going to take steps forward with a rookie QB in a horrible draft class.

Thanks for walking right into my trap and exposing yourself, fraud.

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Weeks and weeks and weeks. Down 10-0 twice to the WFT. Down was it 17-3 or something in the second NYG Game.

Not sure why the coaches can't get their players to play for 4 quarters. They are never ready to play the entire 1st half of football. Probably the soft walk through practices Siri uses helps lead to that kind of thing. He does it to prevent injuries, but if your team sucks because of it, you need to change things. Soft work leads to soft players, hard work leads to tough players.

19 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Who. If you are so dead set on it not being Hurts, than start throwing out some names that are realistic options and clear upgrades.

Minshew :ph34r::whistle:

4 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

Are you a big Hurts guy or do you just think he is better than the other options?

I think he is as good or better than the REALISTIC options out there. He also won't cost valuable trade assets and big cap dollars that will keep them from being able to fill the multiple holes this roster has. Rodgers, Wilson, and Watson aren't coming here. Carr and Jimmy G. are upgrades but aren't elite QB'S and aren't worth the assets and cap dollars they will take. The draft class is garbage, and anyone who thinks garbage players like Mariota, Bridgewater, Keenum, etc are upgrades should never comment on football again.

4 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

You are just tailgating on the other clown, so here is my earlier response.  You have it made up in your mind that we have to give up picks this year, which is simply fantasy.

"To start...Wilson, Mariota, Carr, Brisset, Pickett, Corral, Strong, Watson...or any QB that can read a defense and accurately throw the ball. There will be others 

Now, put your money where your mouth is and prove these guys aren't upgrades on the field."

I'm not tailgating at all. I'm asking a question. Wilson comes at a trade price. Corral may go earlier than our picks. Watson is going to cost a lot to get. Pickett likely goes before our pick. Brissett is really good very good. Mariota can't read defenses and throw accurately.

18 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

LMAO, Wilson isn't agreeing to come here. Even IF he did they wouldn't be able to fill the other multiple holes this team has after trading for him and paying him so it wouldn't matter. Same with Watson.

Mariota and Brisset are trash. They've been in the league for several years and failed with multiple teams but you don't want to give Hurts a second season as starter to get better. Nice double standard.

Carr is an upgrade but will cost legit assets and much more against the cap and will land the Eagles in a land of league mediocrity just like the Raiders have been in for years with him leading their franchise. 

LMAO at thinking the team is going to take steps forward with a rookie QB in a horrible draft class.

Thanks for walking right into my trap and exposing yourself.

You are just playing the same dope game you always do.  Just because you make crap up in your head doesn't make it real. Hurts sucks.  doesn't take much to upgrade over him on the field.  Not an NFL starter. Thanks for playing.

13 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

I love Foles, but we all know he isn't a very good QB. He got lucky for 3 games.

He managed the game with great veteran talent around him and perfect playcalling. Caught lightning in a bottle.

19 minutes ago, vaff said:

Well, we were the 6th seed until we rested everybody vs the Cowboys. It’s possible we would have made the playoffs even if they weren’t expanded.

Not really - our game vs Cowboys had no implication on playoff seeding. If we won and there were only 6 teams, we wouldn't have gotten in as then we would have tied with 49ers at 10-7 and they get in based on the head-to-head. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not tailgating at all. I'm asking a question. Wilson comes at a trade price. Corral may go earlier than our picks. Watson is going to cost a lot to get. Pickett likely goes before our pick. Brissett is really good very good. Mariota can't read defenses and throw accurately.

All are better than Hurts with different levels of assets needed.  Good talk.  We need a real QB.

1 minute ago, kiwieagle said:

Not really - our game vs Cowboys had no implication on playoff seeding. If we won and there were only 6 teams, we wouldn't have gotten in as then we would have tied with 49ers at 10-7 and they get in based on the head-to-head. 

True.

2 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

All are better than Hurts with different levels of assets needed.  Good talk.  We need a real QB.

Something I've not denied or argued. 

Just now, T-1000 said:

I think he is as good or better than the REALISTIC options out there. He also won't cost valuable trade assets and big cap dollars that will keep them from being able to fill the multiple holes this roster has. Rodgers, Wilson, and Watson aren't coming here. Carr and Jimmy G. are upgrades but aren't elite QB'S and aren't worth the assets and cap dollars they will take. The draft class is garbage, and anyone who thinks garbage players like Mariota, Bridgewater, Keenum, etc are upgrades should never comment on football again.

Logically I can't disagree with any of that. My problem with Hurts is I feel like he puts this team in purgatory. At this point he isn't good enough for this team to be a considered a contender but he also isn't bad enough to get them in position for a early pick. You know

I’m not interested in anything but defensive upgrades in the first round of the draft. Maybe a WR, but Howie can’t be trusted with that. All 3 picks should be Def. 
I don’t want to trade away for an aging vet at QB and I’m fine with getting a WR via F/A. That leaves the most important position unresolved.
Hurts is clearly not the guy imo although he may get slightly better with some WR help, he is what he is. A good guy with occasional flashes, but too inconsistent where it matters to be an NFL starter. Minshew is probably not the answer either and may be trade bait anyway. That being said, and since we’re still rebuilding we most likely will ride it out another season with Hurts until the 2023 draft where stronger prospects may be available  

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Something I've not denied or argued. 

You asked for options and I gave them to you.  We don't know if any of them are real to the FO or what they are willing to give up. We just make issues up in our head what is reasonable or realistic or not and start ruling stuff out.  The best possible option is probably Derek Carr of that group, but I'm not against a rookie.  I don't expect us to be much better next year either way...but good QB play does make a difference.

30 minutes ago, vaff said:

Well, we were the 6th seed until we rested everybody vs the Cowboys. It’s possible we would have made the playoffs even if they weren’t expanded.

Possible, but if they didn't add an unneeded 17th game, we don't play the Jets, and that extra win got us in I believe.

I'm just concerned that we have a GM who is allowed to have too much say in choosing a quality QB. Howie can't get it right. Eagles fans are sick of it. Lurie needs to let someone else choose a QB.

27 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

I love Foles, but we all know he isn't a very good QB. He got lucky for 3 games.

I think hes a good qb. Hes a winner. His body needs to be wrapped in bubble wrap, unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, Talonblood said:

I'm just concerned that we have a GM who is allowed to have too much say in choosing a quality QB. Howie can't get it right. Eagles fans are sick of it. Lurie needs to let someone else choose a QB.

Apparently Lurie himself was a proponent of drafting Hurts.

Archived