GDT: NFC Wildcard, Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1-16-22, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

The QB free agent list looks as dire as the QB draft class. The only guy I absolutely wouldn't hate is maybe Mariota. I know I don't want Winston, Bridgewater or Fitzpatrick. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If we're all honest with ourselves, we didn't belong in the playoffs. The playoffs shouldn't have been expanded, which is why we're in and which is why the playoffs shouldn't have been expanded. Being in the playoffs is fun, but when you have no business being there, it's only fun until the game starts. 

I'll bet the league and network$$$ are fine with it. Premium programming baby.

Just now, DieselEagle said:

hurts has talent.  Can he become a good passer.  possibly.  do we wait for that?  this is the year to get something better.  waiting till next year probably doesn't work, unless somehow we can parlay this years draft capital to next year.  

He will never become and NFL calibre passer. He just doesn't have it. By it, I mean nothing to build on- he simply cannot read a D or pass a football at this level and never will. You can't coach it into him. HE... CANNOT....PASS. 🤣

Just now, Talonblood said:

He will never become and NFL calibre passer. He just doesn't have it. By it, I mean nothing to build on- he simply cannot read a D or pass a football at this level and never will. You can't coach it into him. HE... CANNOT....PASS. 🤣

It's not as definitive to me but I understand why you feel that way.  

11 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Let's get to the offseason and see, but its not that damn hard to get better than Hurts.

About as hard as simply looking at the QB on the bench- who is already better than Hurts. By the way, Howie drafted Wentz and Hurts, so draft picks mean nothing. Howie cannot draft a QB properly. Period.

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What would your solution be then?

Bud it is bad. They didn't beat a single team with a winning record. Next year they'll likely face many. 

The same solution every team has...draft, free agent, or trade.  No one knows the answer today, so don't make it more complex with this "who will you get better" circular debate. Once the SB is done, we can start looking, but I'm not trading all the picks at this point.

21 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

So what QB are they adding, what is the cost to get said QB, and how they are able to even put a dent in filling in the other multiple holes they have to make a difference. Acting as if this team is a QB away from being a contender unless that QB is Mahomes, Rodgers, or Brady, is just plain silly.

I also don’t understand why people act like Jalen Hurts is a finished product. He’s not a 29 year old Carson Wentz who refuses to accept criticism or coaching. Hurts is a young QB who wants to do everything he can to get better. 

7 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Or go through his progressions, or step up in the pocket...

17 minutes ago, 700Level4Life said:

Dude lives rent free in your head. Get over it. It's okay to say Hurts isn't the guy. Doesn't make you a Wentz fan if you do. 😂🤣

Yeah, LMAO, sure he does.

I don't know if Hurts is the guy or not. He's had one season. Considering the draft class coming up and the numerous holes they have on the roster the smart money is on giving Hurts another season. Of course the same people who don't want to give Hurts a second season still think Wentz is going to magically break a cycle of being a loser for 6 seasons.

13 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Bud it is bad. They didn't beat a single team with a winning record. Next year they'll likely face many. 

Yeah, you cant really overlook the schedule. By far the #1 reason in my mind as to why we made the playoffs. It was littered with some of the worst teams in the NFL.

19 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Let's get to the offseason and see, but its not that damn hard to get better than Hurts.

Who. If you are so dead set on it not being Hurts, than start throwing out some names that are realistic options and clear upgrades.

4 minutes ago, vaff said:

I also don’t understand why people act like Jalen Hurts is a finished product. He’s not a 29 year old Carson Wentz who refuses to accept criticism or coaching. Hurts is a young QB who wants to do everything he can to get better. 

Yep. But hey, let's go out and sign Bridgewater or Keenum :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If we're all honest with ourselves, we didn't belong in the playoffs. The playoffs shouldn't have been expanded, which is why we're in and which is why the playoffs shouldn't have been expanded. Being in the playoffs is fun, but when you have no business being there, it's only fun until the game starts. 

Well, we were the 6th seed until we rested everybody vs the Cowboys. It’s possible we would have made the playoffs even if they weren’t expanded.

If the 49ers can embarrass the Cowgirls in the same manner that we were today, I'd still consider this weekend as a decent result...I never expected to win today, but I hoped it would not be a blowout embarrassment (which it was)...

So, go 49ers...

And next week, go any team that is playing against the Bucs...Brady is such a classless act! 

12 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

About as hard as simply looking at the QB on the bench- who is already better than Hurts. By the way, Howie drafted Wentz and Hurts, so draft picks mean nothing. Howie cannot draft a QB properly. Period.

Howie drafted Foles.

I really tried to hang in there with Hurts. He started losing me with that horrible Giants game, and now this one. Sorry, Hurts, a lot of us have to move on. We saw what we saw, and you are what you are. Next.

1 minute ago, EagleMatt said:

Howie drafted Foles.

I love Foles, but we all know he isn't a very good QB. He got lucky for 3 games.

1 minute ago, Talonblood said:

I really tried to hang in there with Hurts. He started losing me with that horrible Giants game, and now this one. Sorry, Hurts, a lot of us have to move on. We saw what we saw, and you are what you are. Next.

Totally with you on that. He was given his chance and a full season....its just not there, at least not right now and I dont want the team to have to wait for him to fully develop.....time to move on

3 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

So you're excited for Bridgewater or Keenum next year. How about a rookie in a bad QB class.

19 minutes ago, DieselEagle said:

Besides the offense just sucking what was very glaring was just the lack of energy of the whole team.  Bucs seemed to have that edge.  

I wonder if the Josh Sweat situation had anything to do with that? If he was dealing with a life threatening situation, it’s possible that drained a lot of energy from the team. I’m not saying that’s what happened, just speculating.

11 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Who. If you are so dead set on it not being Hurts, than start throwing out some names that are realistic options and clear upgrades.

To start...Wilson, Mariota, Carr, Brisset, Pickett, Corral, Strong, Watson...or any QB that can read a defense and accurately throw the ball. There will be others 

Now, put your money where your mouth is and prove these guys aren't upgrades on the field.

Just now, vaff said:

I wonder if the Josh Sweat situation had anything to do with that? If he was dealing with a life threatening situation, it’s possible that drained a lot of energy from the team. I’m not saying that’s what happened, just speculating.

It's an interesting thought.  something was going on.  

18 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

The same solution every team has...draft, free agent, or trade.  No one knows the answer today, so don't make it more complex with this "who will you get better" circular debate. Once the SB is done, we can start looking, but I'm not trading all the picks at this point.

I'm not making it complex. If you're not trading all your picks then your options are reduced... So I'm asking what your options are. 

Archived