GDT: NFC Wildcard, Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1-16-22, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

6 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

I think bottom line is the better defense won today. The Bucs offense didn't look like world beaters today but they had the better defense or coaching.

Would love to have Todd Bowles as our DC. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to believe that Pittsburgh is offering more resistance to KC than we did early against Tampa.

3 hours ago, vaff said:

Apparently Lurie himself was a proponent of drafting Hurts.

Which is why I fully expect Hurts to be the unchallenged starter next season. I'd love to be surprised.

12 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Which is why I fully expect Hurts to be the unchallenged starter next season. I'd love to be surprised.

But Lurie is also a guy that prefers a pass first offense. And we’ve seen that’s not the best way to utilize Hurts right now.

Also, they heard all the criticism last year, and apparently stopped meddling. And it appears to have paid off in terms of last year’s draft.

4 hours ago, Talonblood said:

I love Foles, but we all know he isn't a very good QB. He got lucky for 3 games.

He got lucky a little more than 3 games.  He had a full good season before Kelly got rid of him.  But yes he's never been able to stay healthy or consistent for a long period. 

57 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

I think bottom line is the better defense won today. The Bucs offense didn't look like world beaters today but they had the better defense or coaching.

That’s one way of saying the one team without an inept offence won….

Consider: the NFL adds a 7th playoff spot this year...Eagles wouldn't have made it in a 6 team playoff. 

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Consider: the NFL adds a 7th playoff spot this year...Eagles wouldn't have made it in a 6 team playoff. 

All of Pennsylvania would be out. Truth be told, I don't think either belong, and the scores back that up.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Agreed, they didn't belong. Glad it happened though, Eagles needed to play a good team again to put this late season run into perspective. If it would of ended the way it did without them playing another good team it would not of forced them to take a better look at what they have. That's my opinion anyway. 

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

The quality was definitely watered down this weekend, but Goodell and the owners are all about the money vs. quality of the game.  Tagliabue and Rozelle thought both were important.  Truthfully, the Steelers and Eagles were not good enough to be there. 

First off, do I think Hurts played poorly? Yes, he did. Said to my girl yesterday it’s the first time I had real doubt. 

Coaching was bad, play in general wasn’t good enough (Goedert drop, Reagor fail), Refs sucked.. it was a terrible game.

Still, Hurts was bad too. Not needs to be replaced asap bad but if he doesn’t step it up big time he will not last here.

We did make the playoffs, we played Brady and the reigning champs. All true. But it still wasn’t good enough. We should have played better. Not necessarily win, but better.

That Dallas stunk it up again makes it a bit less painful now, and that we got 15-16-19 helps too, but I can’t help but feel a bit disappointed. 

2 hours ago, Infam said:

Still, Hurts was bad too. Not needs to be replaced asap bad but if he doesn’t step it up big time he will not last here.

The think the problem is... His performance yesterday opens the debate wide open. Who knows what Howie and Lurie are thinking and what they are going to do but you've got to think they are now seriously considering a change. 

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The think the problem is... His performance yesterday opens the debate wide open. Who knows what Howie and Lurie are thinking and what they are going to do but you've got to think they are now seriously considering a change. 

I don't know how they couldn't be.  I can't imagine that they are too happy after getting dismantled like that.  Just wait until they watch the rest of the playoffs and watch how QB driven these playoff teams are. I'd bet a change is coming. 

18 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

For better or worse we just became totally unpredictable in the offseason.

I still prefer using picks 15,16,19 on good players but at this point everything is on the table. I just hope it’s not Watson.

12 hours ago, Iggle_nj said:

Tampa had 10 or 11 players in the box during most of the Eagles possessions. 

An NFL QB should have torn that defense to shreds with quick slants.

At the LOS identify the defense has packed the box, audible out if the run to the slant. 

Hit 2 of those slants, the Tampa D has to back off and then Sanders would have had a 100 yard game.

Bingo. Analysts are already breaking down the tape and showing all of the reads Hurts failed to make all game long. 

13 hours ago, Iggle_nj said:

Tampa had 10 or 11 players in the box during most of the Eagles possessions. 

An NFL QB should have torn that defense to shreds with quick slants.

At the LOS identify the defense has packed the box, audible out if the run to the slant. 

Hit 2 of those slants, the Tampa D has to back off and then Sanders would have had a 100 yard game.

I kept saying the same thing to my wife during the game. An average QB would of torn it apart. What’s that say about Hurts? 

13 hours ago, Southparkeagles said:

Would love to have Todd Bowles as our DC. 

We did. That was 10 years ago back in 2012

15 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Why did they have the best running o all year long and yet Howard had 0 carry’s? Scott had 1? Gainwell 0 I think? Just awful playcalling by Sirianni.

Why?  When you fall behind 31-0 you're forced to abandon the run game.

Moreover, I've been trying to tell you guys since forever, when it comes to playoff football against stout run defenses you need power runners, Sanders, Scott and Gainwell aren't power runners, I will admit Howard should have gotten more carries to control the clock and keep Brady off the field.

No doubt Sirianni's game plan wasn't well thought out.

15 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Why did they have the best running o all year long and yet Howard had 0 carry’s? Scott had 1? Gainwell 0 I think? Just awful playcalling by Sirianni.

Tampa played 8 or 9 in the box because they did not have any concern about Hurts beating them with his arm.

10 hours ago, downundermike said:

Tampa played 8 or 9 in the box because they did not have any concern about Hurts beating them with his arm.

This is true. If they had a good QB who has a dangerous arm, they can't stack the box, because someone would always be open on every play. Hurts couldn't find any of them, and the Bucs were betting on that. I would also like to see a Blount type of big running back to compliment the running game. 

Yesterday we saw the Eagles team that lost 8 games during the season. Turnovers, bad play calling, penalties, passive Defense, etc. And I am not surprised by that. Very inconsistent season from the Coaches and Players.

Would have nice to see the team that won 9 games. Even if it was only for a half. 

42 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Yesterday we saw the Eagles team that lost 8 games during the season. Turnovers, bad play calling, penalties, passive Defense, etc. And I am not surprised by that. Very inconsistent season from the Coaches and Players.

Would have nice to see the team that won 9 games. Even if it was only for a half. 

The biggest determinant to that all season long has been the quality of opponent. So no surprises we saw the team that lost 8 games in the playoffs rather than the team that beat up on some of the worst teams with major QB issues.

4 hours ago, LacesOut said:

That team that won 9 games were beating teams that would of lost to most div 1 college teams. It was a mirage to think this was a playoff team.

8 hours ago, Gannan said:

Bingo. Analysts are already breaking down the tape and showing all of the reads Hurts failed to make all game long. 

Aikman kept saying it live, even circled the screen like Madden used to.

7 hours ago, It Hurts said:

I kept saying the same thing to my wife during the game. An average QB would of torn it apart. What’s that say about Hurts? 

What did your wife think? 

Archived