GDT: NFC Wildcard, Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1-16-22, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

Just now, downundermike said:

Goose Top Gun GIF - Goose Top Gun Laughing - Discover & Share GIFs

It's true.

Obviously it was the coaches and the players,  but it's his job to do that, and it happened.

Except for a short period with Chip Kelly,  Howie was in charge.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, downundermike said:

Excuse me if I don't put any weight into the opinion of a guy who thinks Mailata and Tyree Jackson should be the focus of our offense.

They should play important roles.

Hurts, Goedert and Smith should remain in the prime spots they have.

You don't quite understand what I'm saying.

Mailata and Tyree Jackson (who is currently hurt and has yet to really learn to play TE yet)  do bring something extra that the Eagles don't have, and the Eagles clearly needed something extra today.     Other simple things the Eagles could do include = get a Fullback.   Get a top of the line big RB.  But when you know the Eagles don't have enough without using your OL to block from an end or back position,  you are going to recommend that the Eagles use the OL to block from an end or back position.

27 minutes ago, vaff said:

No doubt. We beat bad teams and lose to good teams. An average team>

Some people think that what you're talking about -  which is the expected outcome - is somehow bad or wrong.   Yeah, the Eagles are a high mediocre team.  9 wins is better than 4 wins.   Playoffs is good.   Teams that squeak into the playoffs generally aren't beating the best QB of all time and beating the team that won the Super Bowl the last year.  And the Eagles didn't.  And that is to be expected. And isn't something to be concerned about.

55 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

Derek Carr has started almost every game for 8 years.  He had the most starts on the Raiders every year.

1 playoff appearance.  1 loss.

Hurts started the majority of the games for the Eagles for 1 year.

1 playoff appearance. 1 loss.

Not at all clear why Carr would be better than Hurts.

:roll:

What a joke. If we are basing QBs based on wins and losses only, then may as well as sing Mitchell F'n Trubisky - dude's made playoffs in 2 of his 4 years!!

3 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

:roll:

What a joke. If we are basing QBs based on wins and losses only, then may as well as sing Mitchell F'n Trubisky - dude's made playoffs in 2 of his 4 years!!

Random curiosity question:

How would you rank the most popular team sports in New Zealand?

34 minutes ago, vaff said:

No doubt. We beat bad teams and lose to good teams. An average team>

I do give them credit for not having multiple letdowns against bad teams outside of the one very bad loss we had to an awful Giants team.

But I am really not sure, that the model we had this year can be repeated again next year to playoffs without marked improvement from both the defence and QB play in particular.

Draft future core players. You roll with Hurts one more season on a rookie contract and make a decision after 2022.

21 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

No,  Howie won the Super Bowl,  Hurts took the 4 win Eagle team from last year to a 9 win team this year.   Add a handful of should be great 1st rounders,  fill in with some FAs, maybe a great one.  Find a Fullback,  which the Eagles don't have.  And they don't want to use the very good to top OLs to do that at this point, so they have to find one somewhere. 

9-8 is a fine result.  Praise all around.   No one really thought that the Eagles would win today.  I thought it was possible if they did something new and different with the great players the Eagles have on the OL.  They didn't.    For a run first team with running QBs,  the Eagles don't have great running backs. 

San Francisco just scored a TD.  That makes Dak Prescott a worse QB. It looks like the Cowboys are going to lose,  still early, but it looks more likely than not at this point.  And the Cowboys have a pretty good number of star players all over the place.

The Eagles are not one of the top teams in the NFL right now.  They had a soft schedule which allowed them to get to the playoffs.   Next year though,  there should be some top quality new talent,  a second year of stay the course,  a better team, a tougher schedule, and a better position when the playoffs come around.   A better team gives a better chance to win in the playoffs.

You might not know this piece of Eagles trivia,  but the Eagles never won a Super Bowl until Howie came along. 

Stay the course, keep up the good work.

They only beat losing teams this year- not even ONE good team. That fine to you? Ok- for you that's fine.Not for me. Howie didn't win a Super Bowl- players and coaches did. Coaches got mediocre to bad players to play hard for one year. Reich and Doug get the credit. 

And your hero Howie is going to get this team the right QB? Keep thinking your happy thoughts in your happy little safe place. Eagles need a football person to choose the right QB, not Howie. Keep drinking that mighty fine Kool Aide! 

a724b3d813b40b94bdcbc8e6c95f872d.gif

6 minutes ago, vaff said:

Random curiosity question:

How would you rank the most popular team sports in New Zealand?

1. Rugby

2. Rugby

3. Rugby

4. Rugby

5. Cricket

6. Rugby League

7. Soccer

8. Netball

Hurts played ok but turnovers cost the game. Lack of a run game, love Sanders, but run game turned around with Jordan Howard and Boston Scott. Reagor a total waste, does more harm on the field with his lack of effort. Lines and Defense played good enough. Tough loss.

1 minute ago, kiwieagle said:

1. Rugby

2. Rugby

3. Rugby

4. Rugby

5. Cricket

6. Rugby League

7. Soccer

8. Netball

Lol, fair enough.

I saw that field hockey was the third most watched sport in the world last year, with 2 billion people saying they watched it. And I heard you guys were good at that. Is that popular?

I’m Canadian.

Everyone else: plays on field

Canada, for some godforsaken reason: let’s play on ice!

😆

Why did they have the best running o all year long and yet Howard had 0 carry’s? Scott had 1? Gainwell 0 I think? Just awful playcalling by Sirianni.

27 minutes ago, XoqTionR said:

Hurts played ok but turnovers cost the game. Lack of a run game, love Sanders, but run game turned around with Jordan Howard and Boston Scott. Reagor a total waste, does more harm on the field with his lack of effort. Lines and Defense played good enough. Tough loss.

chris-rock-dafuq.gif

I just dunno why Siriani is trying so hard to make Reagor do something he's obviously not good at. Is he just trying to get some value out of him?

2 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

I just dunno why Siriani is trying so hard to make Reagor do something he's obviously not good at. Is he just trying to get some value out of him?

I have no idea what they are trying to prove with Reagor…I can’t imagine it’s trade value, as he has zero, in that department…

I can only think it is a face saving exercise to (try and) prove he was worth a 1st round pick…which we all know he wasn’t, and never will be.

Whilst he (and JJAW) really should be gone this off-season, I can (unfortunately) see scenarios where they keep Reagor for no other reason than he is cheap, as they keep talking about his potential…that ship has sailed long ago, but they seem to still be peddling that.

But he needs to go…the Eagles need to man up and take the hit, and acknowledge that he was a bust…

50 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Why did they have the best running o all year long and yet Howard had 0 carry’s? Scott had 1? Gainwell 0 I think? Just awful playcalling by Sirianni.

agree

44 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Outcoached.

agree

52 minutes ago, XoqTionR said:

Hurts played extremely poorly today. I don’t care about 4th qtr garbage stats. He was overwhelmed today and the coaching was equally as bad. They never established the running game because they chose poor running formations and abandoned it without adjusting. The Dline benefitted from major injuries to TBs OLine. Gannon played soft and failed to have his DBs press or challenge their WRs. You’re spot on about Reagor, but he should’ve been benched halfway through the season  

5 hours ago, proveagle said:

This is how your franchise becomes the Jets/Bears/etc.  You don't run a franchise that way.

You are outta your mind…you build in trenches

you eliminate non factors on the squad

you get a leader on defense one on offense and you build with a few playmakers around them and plug in the rest…

if you don’t do it this way you then get the jets jags bears…or you get what we have now..a team lead by a selfish qb who can’t get the ball to his receivers 

Tampa had 10 or 11 players in the box during most of the Eagles possessions. 

An NFL QB should have torn that defense to shreds with quick slants.

At the LOS identify the defense has packed the box, audible out if the run to the slant. 

Hit 2 of those slants, the Tampa D has to back off and then Sanders would have had a 100 yard game.

47 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

It's probably Howie. Most coaches don't want to play players who cost their team.  But, GMs or FO Personnel guys want their draft picks to pan out so sometimes they try to force success. I would bet Howie is forcing them to play Reagor and JJAW. 

I think bottom line is the better defense won today. The Bucs offense didn't look like world beaters today but they had the better defense or coaching.

Archived