EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

12 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I’m wondering if we see a combo of DE/DT in first round this year. Feel like it’s the most obvious thing given Howie’s priority of the DL/OL, our DL having major long term ???, and it being the strength of this draft. It’s a perfect storm. 

More signs that QB will be priority 1 this year.  Building up O-Line and D-Line, but not providing immediate impact skill guys.

While I am one leading the charge to get an actual QB, Hurts may suffer the same fate as Wentz not getting him help at WR to succeed.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

That's what I am figuring... which is why I traded down in that mock.  Both were on the board at 15... so I rolled the dice for an extra 2.

31 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Spending the 15th pick on a 24 year old two-gapper for a defensive coordinator the Eagles say they’re "renting” seems unideal. 

7 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Spending the 15th pick on a 24 year old two-gapper for a defensive coordinator the Eagles say they’re "renting” seems unideal. 

Maybe the scheme in general will be institutionalized here.  One where both safeties needn't be a key part of the run fit, thus making sure the we don't get beat deep on play action.

7 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Wyatt would be Mike Patterson 2.0. Solid player, but not a difference maker.

If they could get Jordan Davis at 15 and then the best available corner or safety at 19 then that would be ideal.  Go edge, LB and WR in whichever order with their three day 2 picks. 

56 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Love Davis. But he's much different than Wyatt so I don't get it. 

6 minutes ago, RLC said:

I can’t say that I know much about Wyatt beyond his age. Does he project to be a positive pass rusher? 

If not, I can’t get on board. Just buy that kind of player in FA. 

3 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Love Davis. But he's much different than Wyatt so I don't get it. 

Does it matter? As long as Gannon feels that he can scheme around either of their strengths I don't think it matters. Davis opens up more flexibility on defense, IMO.

37 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I can’t say that I know much about Wyatt beyond his age. Does he project to be a positive pass rusher? 

If not, I can’t get on board. Just buy that kind of player in FA. 

How can anyone properly evaluate Wyatt? He plays next to two of the freakiest freaks in college football. Plus, the other monster is going first round next year!

14 minutes ago, SB52 said:

How can anyone even properly evaluate Wyatt? He plays next to two of the freakiest freaks in college football. Plus, the other monster is going first round next year!

If he's an Eagles pick?  Start complaining on draft night, and when he isn't an All Pro in his rookie season rip Howie to shreds for another blown pick.  

Just now, Alphagrand said:

If he's an Eagles pick?  Start complaining on draft night, and when he isn't an All Pro in his rookie season rip Howie to shreds for another blown pick.  

Out of curiousity, who is the last Howie pick, outside the top 10, that didn't turn out to be a turkey?

1 hour ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Wyatt isn't that 2-gap nose guy... Travis Jones could potentially be. 

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

The Eagles have consistently over invested in DT with questionable results under Lurie.  Not many pure busts to speak of and the position is never a weakness, but an enormous amount of first round picks and cap money for guys who just get the job done and don’t wreck offenses.  

1 hour ago, RLC said:

If they get a Mike Patterson 2.0 in the 1st round that's a huge letdown.  Patterson never should have been a 1st round pick.

5 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

The Eagles have consistently over invested in DT with questionable results under Lurie.  Not many pure busts to speak of and the position is never a weakness, but an enormous amount of first round picks and cap money for guys who just get the job done and don’t wreck offenses.  

ain't that the truth.

5 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

If they get a Mike Patterson 2.0 in the 1st round that's a huge letdown.  Patterson never should have been a 1st round pick.

I think Wyatt is better than Patterson actually. 

7 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

This is the problem when it comes to fans and the draft. Your expectations are too high. Where he was selected Patterson was a solid, yet definitely not spectacular, pick.

30 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Out of curiousity, who is the last Howie pick, outside the top 10, that didn't turn out to be a turkey?

The 2018 draft was very good. Hopefully, 2021 will be very good.

Unfortunately, the 2017 draft gets about a D and 2019 probably gets a D. Wow… 2020 was terrible, too.

18 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

12 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

ain't that the truth.

Unless your name is Aaron Donald,  you are not a top 20 pick at DT.

Wyatt feels like such an Eagles pick. He'll be "solid" for 5-10 years, but a bunch of edge rushers that went in the same era will be creating havoc around the league.

Maybe I undervalue DT, but it feels like very few greatly impact games, and most of the good DTs in the league are solid, and you can find those guys in free agency.

That's why if the top edge rushers are gone at 15 and they want DL, just Fing take Ojabo and redshirt him. He's a stud. Or trade down and get him.

2 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Makes sense, the big 4 DEs are likely gone by #15, maybe even out of reasonable trade up range, no point in forcing a pick like Karlaftis.

I already know Karlaftis is going to bust because his first name is George 

Archived