EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

True but there have been a few work ethic and leadership tremors

Tsunami warning from the wave of respect and good feeling in locker rooms across the west coast.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hurts is stalking Tom Brady to get his hands on The Spice Melange 

12 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m surprised you didn’t feel the 5.9 swag-quake 

There was a mudslide but Jalen sidestepped that beeyotch and pulled 4 dudes out of the mud before swagging off into the sunset. 

7 hours ago, RLC said:

Baker is such a good QB that despite a ton of teams with sub-par options in a bad QB draft class that no team is willing to give up a 7th rounder to take on his reasonable salary (19M). For reference, that's less than what Jimmy G, Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, Sam Darnold are making.

Maybe the Browns are not in an all - fired hurry to get rid of Mayfield until they're certain when their $230 million man is going to be able to play.

4 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

Most offices have nap stations already. One is the sit down toilet cubicle and for those wishing for more space, the disabled toilet. 😉

Although my last office had no go areas.  The tech support areas toilets would make nightclubs think yikes, that's disgusting

You would love American toilet stalls. 

1 hour ago, DEagle7 said:

image.thumb.png.dc253efb52abcfc5efe9f53b1d1cb2ec.png

The Jets have (2) top 10 picks. Why are they trading back into the first round and giving up all that capital to do it? 

You guys have to make these trades at least realistic. 

1 minute ago, DeathByEagle said:

The Jets have (2) top 10 picks. Why are they trading back into the first round and giving up all that capital to do it? 

PFF. 

18 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I’m now thinking I’d love to see a DE and CB in R1, trade 51 and 101 to move up in R2 for Travis Jones, S at 83, then address TE2, WR depth, RB, LB, IOL, P with the rest. 

I'm not sure what DE will be there at 15. Maybe George and who else? Possibly Johnson but I think he will be gone. Who else is worthy? I love Logan Hall, but he's probably a trade down option along with Mafe. 

12 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Wrong

31 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

It’s the Jets. 

35 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

I'm not sure what DE will be there at 15. Maybe George and who else? Possibly Johnson but I think he will be gone. Who else is worthy? I love Logan Hall, but he's probably a trade down option along with Mafe. 

I’d ideally want Johnson. If QBs go in the top 14 he could fall. If he’s not there but Davis is, then I go Davis R1 and trade up in R2 into the 40’s for Ebikete or 30’s for Mafe. 

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I’d ideally want Johnson. If QBs go in the top 14 he could fall. If he’s not there but Davis is, then I go Davis R1 and trade up in R2 into the 40’s for Ebikete or 30’s for Mafe. 

I like Ebikete too, I think I prefer him over Mafe even. I think Davis and Johnson are gone before 15. 

On 4/4/2022 at 5:24 PM, Green_Guinness said:

Howie should have kept the 1st and offered Hurts and thrown in your box of ****s!  Right, @hputenis?

My box of what? Are you and hpenis dating now? 

39 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

I like Ebikete too, I think I prefer him over Mafe even. I think Davis and Johnson are gone before 15. 

Crazier things happen in R1. Our picks are affected by the number of OT, QB, DB and WR that go 1-14. Johnson is DE4 and Davis is DT 1. Consensus top 10 picks: Hutchinson, Walker, Neal, Egonwu, Thibodeaux, Hamilton, Gardner, Cross…there’s really only 8. That leaves 6 other players to go before we pick. We want at least 2 QB to go but would love 3 to drive targets down to us. Possible QB drafting teams: Lions, Giants, Panthers, Falcons, Seahawks, Redskins. Saints could also be positioning themselves for a move up, Steelers could try too. If Willis, Pickett, and Corral go top 14, we’re gonna be sitting pretty. Also, some teams are going to want WR1 or 2 or CB2 or 3 over DE4. Most teams also value those positions over DT as well. 

My bold take is Kenny Pickett is there at 15.  I’m not saying Eagles take him, but he’s there. 

9 minutes ago, DoWorx said:

image.thumb.png.a6c269ace532dcc3399206a41c6b521e.png

It’s pointless to mock LBers in the 1st. Also you can’t wait that long for CB & S. This is probably one of the worst I’ve seen, no offense.

4 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Why is Carson Strong in every mock draft now?

I think it's because his pre-draft process has been so objectively terrible that him being a realistic target in RD3 becomes enticing.

Tyreese Maxey has raised his 3-point percentage 10+ points in one season.

He is now in the top ten league-wide at 42% and has been shooting 45% since the beginning of 2022.

Amazing second-year improvement.

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Tyreese Maxey has raised his 3-point percentage 10+ points in one season.

He is now in the top ten league-wide at 42% and has been shooting 45% since the beginning of 2022.

Amazing second-year improvement.

You think that’s impressive Ben Simmons hasn’t missed a FT all year…. 

All of this DT crap has me concerned and I really hope it's smoke. I get that you aren't supposed to reach for needs in the draft, but we have so many needs that come before DT that we shouldn't have to reach. DE, CB, WR, S, LB, etc. I'm Hoping they move up a few spots to get Gardner/Stingley/Walker/Johnson/Wilson and then move back and target Burks/Elam/Hill/Cine. DT would have been a nice luxury pick with three first round picks, but I just don't see that making sense with two firsts now.

4 hours ago, SB52 said:

This is the problem when it comes to fans and the draft. Your expectations are too high. Where he was selected Patterson was a solid, yet definitely not spectacular, pick.

100%  Patterson was a great player for the Eagles. He gave us 5 solid years before he had to have brain surgery.  He was a good one. The one that hurt the most was Broderick Bunkley  because he was exactly what we needed at the time.  Just didn't turn out 

2 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

All of this DT crap has me concerned and I really hope it's smoke. I get that you aren't supposed to reach for needs in the draft, but we have so many needs that come before DT that we shouldn't have to reach. DE, CB, WR, S, LB, etc. I'm Hoping they move up a few spots to get Gardner/Stingley/Wyatt/Johnson/Wilson and then move back and target Burks/Elam/Hill/Cine. DT would have been a nice luxury pick with three first round picks, but I just don't see that making sense with two firsts now.

Cox and Hargrave are free agents next season.  It is a need.  And something that you'd probably want to address with a first round pick. 

Whereas you can find quality LBs and Safeties on day 2.

DE and CB are fine alternatives in the first, though.

I can't digest a third straight first round pick on a WR.

Archived