EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I already know Karlaftis is going to bust because his first name is George 

We should just draft players with names we know callers on WIP and 975 will screw up consistently. 

2 hours ago, garingovt2000 said:

Much rather Jones than Wyatt

Ladies and gents, John McMullen posts here.

9 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Your advanced scouts make their money by telling you whether you’re just treading water by pushing a QB selection out until 2023, or you’ll be in a much better position holding two mid round picks.  Obviously the Eagles brain trust believes the options for QB will be better 12 months from now.

I doubt they truly believe their current starting QB will look much better 12 months from now 

2 hours ago, jojodancer said:

Like to see Howie make another trade down with the 18th pick & milk that 1st rounder originally received for Carson Wentz even further. Will totally have cleaned that mess up fast in doing so. Grab another 2nd or 3rd rounder for 2023 & a lower 2024 pick & this is a full recovery. Loaded up nicely for next few years now.

Clean that mess up fast?

Howie created the mess. There should be no forgetting all of this

13 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Processing is not the same as intelligence.  Where have we heard that before?

1 minute ago, DEagle7 said:

image.thumb.png.dc253efb52abcfc5efe9f53b1d1cb2ec.png

I like this, but I don't think you can go from having three first round picks to 1 and getting 0 production from them in 2022.

45 minutes ago, SB52 said:

The 2018 draft was very good. Hopefully, 2021 will be very good.

Unfortunately, the 2017 draft gets about a D and 2019 probably gets a D. Wow… 2020 was terrible, too.

That wasn't the question.  But, we've got two ways to think about Howie's drafting.. Either 2018 was a complete fluke (still not a great draft, all things considered), 2021 looks decent as well or he's due for another good one, given how many bad ones he's had.

8 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

I like this, but I don't think you can go from having three first round picks to 1 and getting 0 production from them in 2022.

Fair point. 

7 minutes ago, DoWorx said:

If there’s one guy with his finger on the pulse, it’s Dan Sileo. 

Brady was also in Florida all weekend. His foundation had an event in Naples 

6 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

"As long as the offense is 8 to 10 is all that matters. Who cares is at the point Hurts is throwing ducks or is late" is one of the most simpleton takes I've seen on here. Yea, lets diminish a top 3 offense to top 8 to 10 because of the QB holding them back. Great strategy to "just win baby". 

Top 3 offense?  In what league?  Is that because of Reagor, Stoll and Ward or do like Scott that much (started a quarter of the games last year).  I’m sorry but that hyperbole is more ridiculous than anything AFan has said today.  

10 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

If there’s one guy with his finger on the pulse, it’s Dan Sileo. 

Brady was also in Florida all weekend. His foundation had an event in Naples 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

If he's an Eagles pick?  Start complaining on draft night, and when he isn't an All Pro in his rookie season rip Howie to shreds for another blown pick.  

And cry for a year why we didn’t use it on Pickett who is then out of the league in 3 years.

10 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Top 3 offense?  In what league?  Is that because of Reagor, Stoll and Ward or do like Scott that much (started a quarter of the games last year).  I’m sorry but that hyperbole is more ridiculous than anything AFan has said today.  

It was a general statement about any team, not Eagles specific. Point is it’s not just about getting a top 10 offense if the QB is clearly holding them back. Teams will want to upgrade the QB to become a top 3 offense. Not sit back and be content with a top 10. Similarly how San Francisco and the Rams made a move to become an even better offense because they were maxed out with Garappolo/Goff. 

Get the game on. Maxey is going his Korkmaz summer league impression. He has 6 3s in the first half so far.

Charles Davis special mock draft live on NFL network with DJ and Bucky. 
1st overall pick- Travon Walker 

DJ thinks we go corner with one of the 1st's. Also he spoke to roughly 6 GM's about the trade to get other perspectives, all basically loved what we got. 

Davis has us taking Devonte Wyatt at 15 and  Booth at 18. 

56 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Your advanced scouts make their money by telling you whether you’re just treading water by pushing a QB selection out until 2023, or you’ll be in a much better position holding two mid round picks.  Obviously the Eagles brain trust believes the options for QB will be better 12 months from now.

I doubt they truly believe their current starting QB will look much better 12 months from now 

Hurts's flaws are tough to emphatically overcome.

One of the most fascinating things to watch in 2022 is whether Sirianni adapts the offense again, or does he force Hurts to run a more traditional modern passing offense. Pros and cons to each side, but I think ultimately we'll get the 2021 offense with slightly more passing and the overall offense will be worst off for it.

4 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

I live in SoCal and I haven't seen Brady or Hurts so they must not be here

I’m surprised you didn’t feel the 5.9 swag-quake 

I’m now thinking I’d love to see a DE and CB in R1, trade 51 and 101 to move up in R2 for Travis Jones, S at 83, then address TE2, WR depth, RB, LB, IOL, P with the rest. 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m surprised you didn’t feel the 5.9 swag-quake 

True but there have been a few work ethic and leadership tremors

Archived