EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Strong didn’t play in his teams Bowl game, that must be the reason teams passed on him because it killed Picketts draft stock. Matt Corral was gonna go undrafted, but playing in the Bowl game, showing his commitment to Ole Miss, and his team, rocketed is stock to the top of the draft.
 We need more geniuses in the league like Corral and Jaylon Smith, Smith is another guy who showed true commitment to his college! 

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

If he didn't have the knee issue he could have been the first QB off the board. That's what it all comes down to. If it's healthy he could be amazing. If it's not then they draft another next year to replace Hurts. 

Well the report contradicts that doesn't it? Says in the interviews he kept telling teams how healthy his knee was but was bombing everything else in his interviews and didn't come off that knowledgeable. 

If a guy was good enough to be the first QB off the board but had medical concerns he wouldn't drop so far to be undrafted. There is a shocking number of people here who are so detached from reality to not be able to realize this guy has 0.0 chance to be the starter here this year or next. He will be fighting to earn a backup role on the team. 

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Well the report contradicts that doesn't it? Says in the interviews he kept telling teams how healthy his knee was but was bombing everything else in his interviews and didn't come off that knowledgeable. 

If a guy was good enough to be the first QB off the board but had medical concerns he wouldn't drop so far to be undrafted. There is a shocking number of people here who are so detached from reality to not be able to realize this guy has 0.0 chance to be the starter here this year or next. He will be fighting to earn a backup role on the team. 

Hurts in 2023

1 hour ago, Desertbirds said:

So, still basically a rookie.

Don’t buy into that crap. I do recognize that his draft year was virtual learning followed by a shortened TC and little PS, which did delay some progress for draftees and UDFAs that year but last year they got the full year round seasoning.   

12 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Don’t buy into that crap. I do recognize that his draft year was virtual learning followed by a shortened TC and little PS, which did delay some progress for draftees and UDFAs that year but last year they got the full year round seasoning.   

It was a joke...

18 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Yes, everyone knows Hurts won't be the starter next year

17 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

PFF is sure high on Brooks

One of my top backs in the draft 

29 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I knew there had to have been more to it.  Hopefully he got a dose of reality.  

He's has a good support system in this locker room that can change that

Love the Josh Jobe and Brooks signings. Two guys who I think make the 53 man roster. Put Strong on the PS and let him learn and get healthy

I'm really liking the Eagles draft, AJ Brown trade, and the UDFA the Eagles have signed. Still have 2 first next year to get a qb in a really good class

6 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

One of my top backs in the draft 

Mine too!

2 minutes ago, Godfather said:

I'm really liking the Eagles draft, AJ Brown trade, and the UDFA the Eagles have signed. Still have 2 first next year to get a qb in a really good class

Or a DE and a CB if Hurts plays well.

9 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Odds Dillard wins the starting RG position?

500-1.  Both Seumalo amd Driscoll would have to be unable to play and then he has to show he can play G at an NFL level.

However, the odds the next Suana selfie gives people false hope is 1:1.

Guest justrelax
2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

So what you're telling me is that no rookie UFA QB has ever won the starting job before.  

Let's say Hurts tweaks a tendon, why exactly is undrafted Carson Strong going in over Minshew at that point? 

No. What I’m telling you is that undrafted QBs can make the HOF.

Do I think Strong is going to start as a rookie? Almost certainly not. However IF healthy the question as to whether he’ll beat Hurts and Minshew out is not a matter of whether but of when.

That said, I remain skeptical about his health.

So we have Slay and...

At least the front will look great again

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Anyone hear the Tyrann Matthieu news?

He loves cheesesteaks and is shopping for homes in Cherry Hill?

54 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

There is a precedent on this team for under qualified prospects getting the starting qb job without competition.  So don’t put Strong at 0.0%.

4 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

He loves cheesesteaks and is shopping for homes in Cherry Hill?

I just saw Honey Badger at Newark Airport

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

There is a precedent on this team for under qualified prospects getting the starting qb job without competition.  So don’t put Strong at 0.0%.

Wentz was #2 overall, bad comparison.

Lol Strong deep ball to Watkins in a preseason game is going to make this place crazy

Archived