EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

He knows his protections abs offense at Nevada.  He does a ton presnap.

Yeah all the NFL teams are wrong. 

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

A couple tweaks: 

I have Blankenship making the team and Vincent playing more S than CB. Bye Wallace. 

Dean plays ILB more than OLB. 

Siposs gets replaced. Possibly by Koch if the Ravens stick with Stout.

I could see another vet CB2 getting signed. Giving McPhearson, Gowan and Jobe/Goodrich more time to develop. 

image.gif.af5c68968f6f93733480e5c010e4524c.gif

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Don’t disagree, his 70% completion and pre snap adjustments don’t seem to match that info

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Agree they are.

Dean will play ILB and probably start there.  Should be Dean, White, Reddick as starters

8 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Why do you need to defend Strong?

No need to argue his merits.

He just needs to prove it on the field.

1 minute ago, pgcd3 said:

Dean will play ILB and probably start there.  Should be Dean, White, Reddick as starters

Dean needs to clear his medicals first.

Then he can earn the position with his play.

2 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

I believe that was because the coaches couldn’t tell Newman and Hurts apart, and one of them had to go

giphy_s.gif

59 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

The Eagles will reportedly give him snaps at RG. With his size, athleticism, and now supposedly added strength, it will be interesting to watch.

Will be interesting to watch. Not getting to see Dillard vs. Jordan Davis 1:1s makes me yearn for the Eagles Live days.

2 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Anyone having an issue canceling their TDN subscription? They changed their website and finding the path to cancel the monthly charge has become… difficult😒

That's how they get you.   It's like the Hotel California.  

1 hour ago, The Blackfish said:

That might be racist. 
 No other teams wanted Newman, that’s not the case for Strong, hence his high salary for an UDFA.  
 Little known issue apparently between Strong, and a Jets coach from the SB.  They are a horizontal passing team, after a comment about Strongs poorly thrown interception, Strong said something about Zach Wilson sucking in a 5 yard passing offense. 
 The rumor was he performed badly in interviews which wasn’t the case, it was more him running the offense the way he wanted, vs what the Jets wanted.   

It took me way too long to figure out this meant Senior Bowl.    

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

That's how they get you.   It's like the Hotel California.  

I didn’t have the problem last year - but as HE pointed out, they are under new management.

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

We’ve got a Strong Stroker on the roster!

I'm guessing he's more stoked about the Clemson DB they brought in.

17 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Dean plays ILB more than OLB. White plays more OLB.

In odd-fronts, I can see Dean at ILB. 
In even-fronts, Dean is an OLB IMO. If Edwards or White is on the field, I can't see either playing OLB with Dean inside. 

I'm hopeful that Dean is healthy enough to move Edwards to the bench.

Howie better sign Mathieu. They did absolutely nothing to address the position. I don’t count Harris & Weatherford as anything really. If they really did make an aggressive offer for Marcus Williams this makes no sense to keep avoiding. 

Wallace excited they didn't get a safety.  For a second there it looked like he turned the corner then got hurt

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

In odd-fronts, I can see Dean at ILB. 
In even-fronts, Dean is an OLB IMO. If Edwards or White is on the field, I can't see either playing OLB with Dean inside. 

I'm hopeful that Dean is healthy enough to move Edwards to the bench.

I think we run a lot of 3-4 and 5-2. 

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Worst thing about Carson Strong right now is the Philly media is infatuated that there's another QB out there with the first name of Carson and have to make a point of it.  Hope they get that out of their system quick. 

No surprise that they focus on the insipid and meaningless, but completely miss the fact that Strong can actually play.

Saints signed Marcus Maye and at least have options there, the Eagles have absolutely no one.

4 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Howie better sign Mathieu. They did absolutely nothing to address the position. I don’t count Harris & Weatherford as anything really. If they really did make an aggressive offer for Marcus Williams this makes no sense to keep avoiding. 

Weatherford??

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I think we run a lot of 3-4 and 5-2. 

Davis at NT, Fletcher at the 3-Tech, Hargrave/Williams at the 5-tech with Reddick/Graham/Sweat as OLBs. Reddick/Graham both have OLB experience. Sweat is fast enough to handle it. I think Barnett is even-fronts only IMO.

55 minutes ago, RLC said:

Is there a team better suited for Strong?

- Top 5 OL to off-set his lack of mobility
- Running game so he doesn't have to carry the load
- WRs who can run that can take advantage of his arm
- Same offensive system that Philip Rivers used (see the Chargers with Sirianni/Steichen).
- We run the sail concept all the time

Was saying it leading up to the draft... 

the-one-he-is-the-one.gif

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Worst thing about Carson Strong right now is the Philly media is infatuated that there's another QB out there with the first name of Carson and have to make a point of it.  Hope they get that out of their system quick. 

If by Philly media you mean blog then yes. 

33 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

If he didn't have the knee issue he could have been the first QB off the board. That's what it all comes down to. If it's healthy he could be amazing. If it's not then they draft another next year to replace Hurts. 

18 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

I didn’t have the problem last year - but as HE pointed out, they are under new management.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

The Eagles should redshirt Strong and have him put the majority of his focus in 2022 on getting healthy for 2023. I still can't believe he wasn't drafted. On arm talent alone there's no he shouldn't have been an early day three pick.

Archived