Hi Don!

Well played.

Bom Dia Hello GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

lol thank you

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

On the AJ Brown trade, the plus side goes beyond the visible talent on the field. 

The HonestNFL guy talked about every WR other than Smith not knowing what he was doing out there when it comes to hot routes or option routes or things like that. You could potentially take that as an excuse for Hurts being hesitant to throw the ball so many times last year. Or missing open WRs. Because maybe he didnt see them, because they werent where they should have been.

The eagles signed Paschal to help with all that. They needed a vet in that WR room, and he was familiar with the offense to boot.  But come on... its Paschal. Not exciting.

Now you added another vet. Who knows what he is doing. And is capable of doing it at a dominating level. 

Now you have 2 starting WRs who know what theyre doing. 

Not only does Hurts lose the excuse of lacking proven talent. But he also loses the excuse that the WRs didnt know where to be and werent running the right things. 

And mayyybe, theres a slim hope of Hurts actually looking way better because of this also. 

It also adds competition into the WR room - something they've not had in a lot of years.  Reagor can't assume he'll be active, he'll need to fight for it  and a roster spot.  The pressure is also off of him now too.

I do like signing Strong as a UDFA - as a lottery ticket, it's a cheap one vs drafting a QB.  If he deserves it, he'll be on the roster and there is a lot of talent to work with.

Onwards and upwards; the team isn't near perfect, but it's better than it was last year.

19 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Never too early for mocks!

If Hargrave isn't extended, dare I say DT yet again... 

20 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Yes it is. Any of these candidates could be benched for poor play, in jail, in the mental hospital, or in a casket. Way too early for any mocks. Post again in 6-8 months

I'm excited for the season again and that's with me knowing Hurts & the secondary won't be good

25 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

So each of these mockers have us as top 10-15 worst team in the league eh?

I'm putting it out here now:

EJ Perry beats out Carson Strong for 3rd QB.

8 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Yes it is. Any of these candidates could be benched for poor play, in jail, in the mental hospital, or in a casket. Way too early for any mocks. Post again in 6-8 months

NoScreenshot_20220501-105640.thumb.png.e978012a37c730834bfdaec523eefbe9.png

1 minute ago, Freshmilk said:

Maybe. It could go that way.

3 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

NoScreenshot_20220501-105640.thumb.png.e978012a37c730834bfdaec523eefbe9.png

oh no! There I go posting too many mock sims again!

My Nasty Nate fav is Britt Covey but the problem there is that it's hard to show off return ability any more. No tackling in camp and barely any preseason played

2 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Maybe. It could go that way.

Anythings possible but what they paid Strong as an UDFA, I think they have confidence he’ll replace Sinnett.  
 Also Nick may want to see what happens when pre season defenses have to respect the QB’s arm talent. 

10 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

I'm putting it here now. BS.

4 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

My Nasty Nate fav is Britt Covey but the problem there is that it's hard to show off return ability any more. No tackling in camp and barely any preseason played

I think hes the more apt candidate. Strong is actually really good and should be making the team. Hes not going to last on a PS. As soon as there is any inkling he is healthy enough to be playing football any other team would be signing him. He will have a roster spot as QB3 to begin the year. Pretty much a guarantee.

Covey is more of the lesser known guy. Who probably belonged late rounds or UDFA. Whos best shot is making a team as a UDFA. But he looks like he has the ability to make some explosive plays in pre-season and really win people over. 

2 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Last year the best UDFA QB on the market was Jamie Newman, he didn't even make it past rookie mini-camp.

But hey, a little hype and excitement never hurt nobody.

I believe that was because the coaches couldn’t tell Newman and Hurts apart, and one of them had to go

25 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

If Hargrave isn't extended, dare I say DT yet again... 

We should absolutely be trading Hargrave....

Anyone having an issue canceling their TDN subscription? They changed their website and finding the path to cancel the monthly charge has become… difficult😒

3 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Anyone having an issue canceling their TDN subscription? They changed their website and finding the path to cancel the monthly charge has become… difficult😒

I would email that girl I posted on here yesterday that works for them. She seems very talented and helpful. 

54 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Bom Dia Hello GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

lol thank you

BTW

Welcome back

5 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I believe that was because the coaches couldn’t tell Newman and Hurts apart, and one of them had to go

That might be racist. 
 No other teams wanted Newman, that’s not the case for Strong, hence his high salary for an UDFA.  
 Little known issue apparently between Strong, and a Jets coach from the SB.  They are a horizontal passing team, after a comment about Strongs poorly thrown interception, Strong said something about Zach Wilson sucking in a 5 yard passing offense. 
 The rumor was he performed badly in interviews which wasn’t the case, it was more him running the offense the way he wanted, vs what the Jets wanted.   

How is it that the backups have a better arm than the starter?

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

We’ve got a Strong Stroker on the roster!

He played at Clemsom, and we signed a Clemson CB. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out who he is talking about, and it ain't who you think it is.

1 minute ago, jsb235 said:

He played at Clemsom, and we signed a Clemson CB. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out who he is talking about, and it ain't who you think it is.

image.gif.c8caa72a2f62de7076d7e7c8d372680f.gifYou don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out a clear joke, and here we are. 

Archived