EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

15 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

Somewhere either in here or in another thread I said EJ Perry would beat out Strong for a roster spot.  EJ is now going to the Jags so I am wrong about that.

EJ needs a complete rebuild on his throwing motion.  He has a big loop like Tebow. He had no chance here. 

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, RLC said:

Carson Strong >>>> EJ Perry

Smart of Perry to pick the Jags too.

We were so close to a SB in Philly. No EJ Perry just ruined it. CRAP. Always next year. 

Losing another FO member.  The only person we need is the one who tells Howie to draft 2 guys from the National Championship team.  This isn't rocket science. Problem in the past was Howie always treated it like it was

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You know the answer.  Come on.  

Perfect opportunity to have a scapegoat 

26 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

Somewhere either in here or in another thread I said EJ Perry would beat out Strong for a roster spot.  EJ is now going to the Jags so I am wrong about that.

We'll have the lawyers look at this. Maybe we get you off on a technicality.

If Perry makes the Jags roster before Strong makes the Eagles roster....then you can collect on all the bets you made.

24 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Wishing Catherine Raiche all the success in the world.

Go get em.

Frustrating the Eagles finally have 2 good drafts in a row and their FO gets raided

12 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Frustrating the Eagles finally have 2 good drafts in a row and their FO gets raided

Don't worry.

We will pay good money to get more help.

You guys are pretty smart. Go work for Howie.

2 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Titans’ AJ Brown would really help our passing game

and… hmm….

I’ll go with Panthers’ Haason Reddick for the pass rush. More of a stand-up edge rusher, but man he is productive.

So... what you are saying is that this team is a SB contender right now:blink: 

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

Almost all FAs in any sport are overpays, the "winner's curse." Fletcher knew Patrick was unlikely to play, and the only centers available were Duchene or Hayes (I doubt Pavelski wanted to come East). Duchene has been just as up and down at a higher cost.

Ellis has a weird injury history, tore his knee up in the Finals, then played 82 games two years afterwards, followed by a severe concussion, then a broken knuckle. Not exactly a string or related injuries. Now this core injury. Sometimes it's just bad luck.

You didn’t have to sign any of them. Save the money and use it down the road. Kevin Hayes when he said what he said was because he really didn’t want to be in Philadelphia. It was reported he didn’t want to go to Philadelphia. The fact that the flyers threw more money at him then anybody was just to get him to come to Philadelphia tells you everything you needed to know about making that move. It was a dumb move. The main reason why he came here was simply because no one else  remotely was going to pay them with the Flyers were. Fletcher should’ve taken a step back and said he really doesn’t want to be here so why am I gonna overpay for a guy who doesn’t want to be with my organization. You move on and you save that salary cap to use it at the trade deadline or the next year or put another position because of Flyers had a bunch of them they had to fix.

Your reasoning to everything is it’s just bad luck. No it isn’t. 3 out of 4 seasons prior to coming to Philadelphia he had not played 50 games or more. That is called a track record. It is clearly obvious he has durability concerns and injury prone. If you can’t figure out over four seasons he only was healthy for one of them then you should be fired as a GM because that’s not bad luck that is you ignoring the track record and the signs. Bad luck is he plays 82 games for four straight seasons  then comes to Philadelphia and gets hurt for the season.  that’s bad luck. What you are saying it’s just being ignorant and ignoring the track record especially with a player over the age of 30 with a big contract.

Go to the Flyers thread, because I said this at the time we made the Ellis move last year. I said he rarely stays healthy anymore and he’s on the wrong side of 30 making a lot of money over a five-year period. The likelihood he reverts to staying healthy is slimmer as he got older. On top of that as he gets older he is more likely to decline with not Staying healthy. It was going to come back to bite him in the ass because that contract is gonna be a hindrance to them. There was only two inevitable outcomes. One he returned the form and stayed healthy which as he aged which wasn’t as likely. Or The more realistic thing that would happen was he would continue to have durability concerns, he would decline as he got older and be stuck in a bad contract that no one else would want. 

8 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

So... what you are saying is that this team is a SB contender right now:blink: 

All we need now is some lightning in a bottle.

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Then the league should act confused and ask them to confirm... for 4 minutes.

Catching up on podcasts and Mosher said all this before the signing was announced, but apparently Matthieu desperately wanted to play for New Orleans and was basically waiting for them to make a deal. Sounds like Eagles we’re never in play unless they massively overpaid.

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Catching up on podcasts and Mosher said all this before the signing was announced, but apparently Matthieu desperately wanted to play for New Orleans and was basically waiting for them to make a deal. Sounds like Eagles we’re never in play unless they massively overpaid.

I dont think he ever had an in person meeting with the eagles.  i think fans were more interested in him and filling a hole at safety then the eagles were. He’s from there so i can understand why he’d badly want to go there over here. 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Honey Badger played at LSU.

This is a nice story.

We were never in this race, except as a fallback option.

All we did was a zoom call. Kid wanted to go home.

16 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I dont think he ever had an in person meeting with the eagles.  i think fans were more interested in him and filling a hole at safety then the eagles were. He’s from there so i can understand why he’d badly want to go there over here. 

This fan base being wildly unrealistic about a star player with a popular name that never had any intention of coming here?

YARN | Not us, buddy. Right? Not us. | Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008) |  Video gifs by quotes | 3e332195 | 紗

NFL trivia: without anyone looking it up… there are 3 players in history who scored multiple 95 yard or longer receiving TDs. Who were they?

A couples hints to narrow it down. One of them is a former Eagle but didn’t do it with the Eagles. And two of the three both did it for the same organization.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This fan base being wildly unrealistic about a star player with a popular name that never had any intention of coming here?

YARN | Not us, buddy. Right? Not us. | Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008) |  Video gifs by quotes | 3e332195 | 紗

also an awesome movie. 

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

NFL trivia: without anyone looking it up… there are 3 players in history who scored multiple 95 yard or longer receiving TDs. Who were they?

A couples hints to narrow it down. One of them is a former Eagle but didn’t do it with the Eagles. And two of the three both did it for the same organization.

About to be 4 players when Carson strong breaks off a 99 yard td reception and a 95 on trick plays 

4 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Not the answer to your question but doesn't Hank Baskett hold the Eagles record for 85 yard+ TDs?

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

About to be 4 players when Carson strong breaks off a 99 yard td reception and a 95 on trick plays 

Carson Strong go route. Modern day philly special. 

Archived