EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

7 minutes ago, Infam said:

It’s art you philistine! 😄

One man's art is another man's emergency toilet paper.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He has years left on it. But i just remember Turron Davenport was asked about Aaron rodgers said they’d really struggle to make something happen cause they are basically stuck with tannehill for another year unless they unload him like with Goff. Which to get rodgers they’d lose assets. And that the titans would love to move on from his contract this year but 2023 was always more realistic.  

You're right it looks like they can get out

image.png.a8cf914ed00da26bf07630b7efbc67c0.png

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

One man's art is another man's emergency toilet paper.

Ok, now I pity you. 😁

14 minutes ago, Infam said:

I want to see a video of Davis throwing himself on Dak and Wentz. On repeat. 🪦

pause Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

14 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He wasn’t as bad as people make him out to be.  And was better than Fletcher.  

There seems to be no pride within the organization.  It’s just an entity.  Snyder has his faults, but he kept the Flyers relevant.  

Sadly it’s going to be a really long time until we see this team in a Stanley cup final. Even that last flyers cup run was more fluky then anything. Coming back from down 0-3 to Boston, the goaltending of Boucher/leighton played better than what they realistically were that year. They actually underachieved considering the amount of talent they had heading into that postseason. after that cup run, they really haven’t done a great job draft and development of guys. Their prospects always seem like they have bigger buzz then actual performance. 

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

He has friends that are Cowgirl fans?

That’s taking tolerance too far.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Wish teams did this more often. Commercials and all the extra crap is unwanted

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Doesn't Goodell decide when to walk out there and announce the pick?

image.thumb.png.a937bce215e6f78811a976b50fd24442.png

There was a bit of talk of running qb's vs qb's that can run. I looked at some of the numbers from last season and saw there's only 3 QB's that ran on 20%+ of their total attempts (passing + rushing attempts). Hurts is basically running on 1/4th of his attempts, and it seems like its more of a product of him taking off than designed runs.

I've also seen some discussion around Hurts's total TDs and yards, so I compared those to other players as well and this is where he sits:

16th in total yards

14th in total TDs

19th in total yards per attempt

17th in total yards per game

10 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Doesn't Goodell decide when to walk out there and announce the pick?

I think the problem is once they turn in the pick the other team is officially on the clock, so it is cutting all their hooplah short 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I think the problem is once they turn in the pick the other team is officially on the clock, so it is cutting all their hooplah short 

From what I saw their hooplah was Chris Angel twirling around on the end of a rope and Ice Cube babbling about nothing while I was waiting for the Eagles pick to be announced.  ESPN's telecast was just awful; I'll never watch it again.

Just now, Alphagrand said:

From what I saw their hooplah was Chris Angel twirling around on the end of a rope and Ice Cube babbling about nothing while I was waiting for the Eagles pick to be announced.  ESPN's telecast was just awful; I'll never watch it again.

Yep. Who woulda thought the virtual draft from Rogers basement would be better than a live one in Vegas

Somewhere either in here or in another thread I said EJ Perry would beat out Strong for a roster spot.  EJ is now going to the Jags so I am wrong about that.

5 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Do we get draft picks?

11 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

Somewhere either in here or in another thread I said EJ Perry would beat out Strong for a roster spot.  EJ is now going to the Jags so I am wrong about that.

Not sure how your gonna be able to live with that one 

Just now, bpac55 said:

Do we get draft picks?

Nope. People just hire our people but not for GM’s. No idea why the Eagles never just promote anyone to assistant GM to stop this from happening 

Just now, bpac55 said:

Do we get draft picks?

No, have to get a GM job or higher.

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Ryan Ellis was another awful move by fletcher. He was injury prone prior to coming here. It’s why Nashville wanted to deal him. Now we are stuck with an injury prone older player for a few more years and compounded with the risto trade and extension. I’d add he also signed Kevin hayes to his contract. Everyone in the nhl laughed saying he wasn’t worth it. He even said only way he was coming here was an overpay. They overpaid and he’s not nearly worth what they are paying him. 

Almost all FAs in any sport are overpays, the "winner's curse." Fletcher knew Patrick was unlikely to play, and the only centers available were Duchene or Hayes (I doubt Pavelski wanted to come East). Duchene has been just as up and down at a higher cost.

Ellis has a weird injury history, tore his knee up in the Finals, then played 82 games two years afterwards, followed by a severe concussion, then a broken knuckle. Not exactly a string or related injuries. Now this core injury. Sometimes it's just bad luck.

Archived