EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Google people who should not say bro and this pops up

MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference Speaker | Howie Roseman

Between his face and voice , it’s sooo funny this is the guy swindling teams..he’s literally a little weasel but he’s our weasel 😂

7 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

We barely knew you Sam

Such a shame for him.  

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I can't believe you guys wanted this weirdo in the first

Is he trolling, or is he insane?

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

Such a shame for him.  

How many of the untouchable defenseman for the Flyers have come close to the talent we've been told they had?  There was a time where it seemed like they had 5-6 D down on the farm that were just off limits.  Wonder who they could have brought in via trade instead of holding on to guys.

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I didn't say everyone or "the blog". Just you guys because it was more than one.

Don't presume.  You don't know us.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

The proper way to get the call.  Surrounded by your smokeshow mom and sisters

Aidan Hutchinson's mom Melissa, sisters star at 2022 NFL Draft

14 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

We barely knew you Sam

Always sad to see it end like this.

14 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

We barely knew you Sam

I feel terrible for the kid because he dealt with a ton of injuries. That being said, considering he was the 11th overall pick he was a massive bust.

Just now, T-1000 said:

I feel terrible for the kid because he dealt with a ton of injuries. That being said, considering he was the 11th overall pick he was a massive bust.

That's on the team.  

Feels like there is still one more shoe to drop. Whether it’s safety or corner who knows. There’s just no way in hell Howie goes into the season with these safeties. I would’ve believed it was possible several weeks ago, but they’ve since shown that they’re trying to win now while also building for the long term. And adding all these players and then just neglected the secondary like this wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense.

5 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

How many of the untouchable defenseman for the Flyers have come close to the talent we've been told they had?  There was a time where it seemed like they had 5-6 D down on the farm that were just off limits.  Wonder who they could have brought in via trade instead of holding on to guys.

Ghost - Put up numbers in Arizona but still plays zero defense, is soft, and he had lost his offensive game in Philly

Sam Morin - Bust

Travis Sanheim - Finally put it all together this year

Ivan Provorov - Disappointment. Seems to have 1 really good season followed by 2 bad ones. Rinse, repeat.

Phil Myers - Was supposed to the greatest undrafted D prospect ever, got waived this year with no takers

I remember when these guys were supposed to be the anchors of a cup contending team in Philly. Quite honestly you could throw some forwards into this group as well as major disappointments. Hextall's drafting/rebuild was nowhere near as good as some people thought it was.

Just now, T-1000 said:

Ghost - Put up numbers in Arizona but still plays zero defense, is soft, and he had lost his offensive game in Philly

Sam Morin - Bust

Ivan Provorov - Disappointment. Seems to have 1 really good season followed by 2 bad ones. Rinse, repeat.

Phil Myers - Was supposed to the greatest undrafted D prospect ever, got waived this year with no takers

I remember when these guys were supposed to be the anchors of a cup contending team in Philly. Quite honestly you could throw some forwards into this group as well as major disappointments. Hextall's drafting/rebuild was nowhere near as good as some people thought it was.

Pretty spot on.  I feel like there were a few others too.  Robert Haag was one of them.  

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

That's on the team.  

Not at all. He wasn't very good before all of the injuries. Zero puck handling skills.

3 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Feels like there is still one more shoe to drop. Whether it’s safety or corner who knows. There’s just no way in hell Howie goes into the season with these safeties. I would’ve believed it was possible several weeks ago, but they’ve since shown that they’re trying to win now while also building for the long term. And adding all these players and then just neglected the secondary like this wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense.

They were probably ready to spend some money on Honey Badger and are now regrouping.

It looks like they intended to add a piece.

Sometimes we wait for the market for a player to mature. All the suitors to be identified and offers to come in.

Just now, bpac55 said:

Pretty spot on.  I feel like there were a few others too.  Robert Haag was one of them.  

Good one, I forgot about Hagg who was drafted early in the 2nd round the same year they took Morin in the 1st.

5 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

They were probably ready to spend some money on Honey Badger and are now regrouping.

Sometimes we wait for the market for a player to mature. All the suitors to be identified and offers to come in.

Maybe post june cuts have a surprise.

But I think it will be a trade.

I’m sure we will add someone significant to the secondary still. And if we do this will be a nice season for us.

22 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Such a shame for him.  

Pickens & Claypool should be a fun locker room

8 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

It doesn’t seem they were all that serious about him, they only had a zoom meeting. I don’t think they had any intention on spending big on a 30 year old safety. One trend the Eagles have stayed loyal to this off-season is not going big money on guys older than 28. I do think they probably thought they had Marcus Williams until the ravens outbid them, but I don’t think that was the case with Mathieu.

9 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

7 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Sam Morin - Bust

I mean Joni Pitkanen was supposed to be a stud.  He was good but never reached the level he was hyped up to be.  

Add 2 players to this team to make them SB contenders. I choose Herbert & TJ Watt.

Just now, NCiggles said:

I mean Joni Pitkanen was supposed to be a stud.  He was good but never reached the level he was hyped up to be.  

You're correct, I was just talking about recent guys. Hextall drafted a bunch of defenseman from 2013 - 2015 and they were supposed to create this amazing defense that would help turn the Flyers into cup contenders.

24 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Insane. Caplan and Mosher said Eagles flagged him for "character issues, but not necessarily off the field stuff"

25 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Don't presume.  You don't know us.

Hey You Guys GIF - The Goonies Comedy Adventure - Discover & Share GIFs

Go ahead and cancel Sloth, I dare you

Archived