EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

9 minutes ago, RLC said:

Mike Mayock deserved a better fate. Raiders made the playoffs despite Gruden.

Eh go look at his draft picks in the first three rounds since 2019. It’s not pretty. 

first rounders— leatherwood, ruggs, arnette, josh jacobs, clelin Ferrell, Abram 

second rounders— Trayvon Mullen and trevon moehrig

third rounders—  Devine dieablo, Lynn Bowden, Bryan Edwards, tanner muse, Malcolm koonce

thats really bad especially the first round with 6 first round picks in 3 years. The Raiders should be way better considering the fact they had all those first round picks and had 13 picks in the first three rounds the last 3 drafts. To mayock’s credit he was much better rounds 4-7. 

you can say it was gruden who was the one responsible. That’s fine if you want to say that but mayock is the one taking the fall for it right now

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Would be interesting how many of those bad picks really were his or Gruden’s. 

That I would like to know but the first three rounds of picks the last three years have really not been good. I’m guessing they’re gonna put it on mayock and that’s why he is gone.

14 minutes ago, metal said:

Maybe Mayock will go back to the NFL Network. He always did a good job with draft stuff there.

Howie could bring him in as a consultant to help.   Mayock has experience as a GM with 3 first round picks and blowing them.

Off-topic.  What's the allure of Pete Davidson? Why is he being used in so many ads now?  I don't get it with him.  I don't find him remotely funny. 

Hurts cannot be the unquestionable starter going into next season. He was already given the job this year without proving anything. 

29 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I don't do very well at mock off-seasons but I'll make a few predictions:

Gone -- Barnett, McLeod, Singleton, JJAW, Kerrigan

Traded -- Dillard for a 3rd round pick (hopefully 2nd), Reagor for a 5th, Minshew for a 3rd

FA signings -- backup QB (Mariota), a safety, another LB from the UDFA pile, a DE better than Kerrigan

Draft

1st round DE, CB, S

2nd round -- LB

3rd round -- WR

4th round and beyond -- BPA

2022 season record -- 7-10 and miss out on wildcard

Why would anyone give up anything for Reagor… people just simply throw out names without thinking 

5 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Off-topic.  What's the allure of Pete Davidson? Why is he being used in so many ads now?  I don't get it with him.  I don't find him remotely funny. 

he gets the chicks. 

3 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

Hurts cannot be the unquestionable starter going into next season. He was already given the job this year without proving anything. 

Never should have been handed the job this year.  Pretty unbelievable they did nothing in the sense of a QB competition.  Carson Wentz was the #2 pick in the draft and he wasn't even handed the QB job.  Wasn't he 3rd on the depth chart to start his career?  Makes no sense at all.

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Never should have been handed the job this year.  Pretty unbelievable they did nothing in the sense of a QB competition.  Carson Wentz was the #2 pick in the draft and he wasn't even handed the QB job.  Wasn't he 3rd on the depth chart to start his career?  Makes no sense at all.

Yup. Bradford and Daniels were ahead of him. Bradford was traded and they made Wentz the starter. Daniel’s was pissed because he was told he had a legit shot to compete as the starter. 

Legit question: How much faith do you have in Sirianni and the coaching staff to coach up whatever QB is here?  

Sirianni pretty much crapped the bed yesterday with his pathetically stupid game plan and in game adjustments.  

5 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

Legit question: How much faith do you have in Sirianni and the coaching staff to coach up whatever QB is here?  

Sirianni pretty much crapped the bed yesterday with his pathetically stupid game plan and in game adjustments.  

Well let's have him coach a QB before we make any judgement.  He had Minshew ready to play, and in his first start for the Eagles he is basically a rookie.

What are the consensus thoughts here on Desmond Ridder?

3 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

Sirianni pretty nice crapped the bed yesterday with his pathetically stupid game plan and in game adjustments.  

I’d like to see him with a stretch of games with a better QB before I make a final judgement. 

1 minute ago, Cliftoma said:

Sirianni pretty nice crapped the bed yesterday with his pathetically stupid game plan and in game adjustments.  

I’d like to see the all-22 before saying anything about the game plan. It sure looked like receivers were open throughout the game, and I saw a handful of plays where it looked like Hurts just ran the wrong way. Sure, I would have loved to run the ball more but they got in a hole fast and the offense didn’t do anything to help the defense.

I don’t think Sirianni is going to have a negative impact on a QB. I think he is more limited in what the offense can do because of the lack of throwing talent at the QB position.

If Hurts is the QB, then 0%.

Sirianni seems ok but it’s hard to get a clear picture with him as long as Hurts is here and he has to shoe horn him into the offense. There’s games like yesterday that make Sirianni look not great but due mostly to him asking his QB to actually pass the ball. 

7 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

What are the consensus thoughts here on Desmond Ridder?

Could be Josh Allen, could be Paxton Lynch.  Someone will take the chance and find out.

8 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I’d like to see him with a stretch of games with a better QB before I make a final judgement. 

FYP

Archived