EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, Cliftoma said:

Fans are going to fan.  Always the QB.  Just like Dak is the whole problem with the 'ish show that McCarthy has going on.  

In the case of Hurts He is the problem. As for Dak it’s a little of both McCarty and him. 

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

I’m seeing a lot of mock drafts having the Eagles using all 3 first rounders on defensive guys. I don’t see this happening. 

I could easily see them going IOL or WR in the first

1 minute ago, jwill2420 said:

I’m seeing a lot of mock drafts having the Eagles using all 3 first rounders on defensive guys. I don’t see this happening. 

Agreed. I’d be surprised if the FO uses more than one on the defense (DE, I figure).

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Completely agree. Their rankings are jacked. But a man can dream. 

Of course, mock on.

9 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Yeah that's not how this front office operates. I still think one of the picks will be used in a trade, whether it's for a player or a trade back for more picks next year.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Please for the love of god do not tell afan where we all went.

Your constantly cheerful banter is always welcome

27 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

Yeah, there is film of him missing open receivers.  Every QB does.  But, the question is a legitimate question, is Sirianni/staff adequately preparing the QB to read defenses and make it easier to know where to go with the ball pre snap so he doesnt miss those open receivers?

I'm definitely not sold on Hurts but I'm equally not sold on Sirianni and their staff.  Really hoping that Gannon gets hired away and they get a legit DC.  That guy blows.  I would take Schwartz over him any day of the week.   Would really love to see Fangio run that side of the ball

When coaches are designing plays also designed in that play is a progression of reads and where to go with the ball depending on what the defense presents.

no NFL  qb coach is so incompetent they don't do this., Brian Johnson the QB coach and the OC job is specifically to coach hurts into knowing these things.

To suggest that The reason hurts misses wide open guys is on the coach is certainly an original take on why hurts sucks.

5 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

Fans are going to fan.  Always the QB's fault. 

Just like Dak is the whole problem with the 'ish show that McCarthy has going on.  He didn't make that decision.  McCarthy and Kellen Moore did but Dak gets all the hate

Dak was a dope on that play.  Players give the ball to the official so the formation can be set quicker.  That was a classic Romo late game blunder; ironic that Romo was calling the game.

Dak seems like a good guy, good leader, intelligent and well spoken, drives a hard bargain contractually …. but he’s flawed as a QB.  Terrible throwing on the run, and an expert at scoring 28 panic-filled points after he’s gotten the team 30 points down.  He doesn’t have "it”; he’s every bit the empty stats filler that Kirk Cousins is — he just gets along better with his teammates than Cousins does 

7 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Agreed. I’d be surprised if the FO uses more than one on the defense (DE, I figure).

I could see CB and DE but I’m pretty sure the Eagles go WR maybe OL. Hell I wouldn’t be shocked if they spent a 1st on a QB

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

Dak was a dope on that play.  Players give the ball to the official so the formation can be set quicker.  That was a classic Romo late game blunder; ironic that Romo was calling the game.

Dak seems like a good guy, good leader, intelligent and well spoken, drives a hard bargain contractually …. but he’s flawed as a QB.  Terrible throwing on the run, and an expert at scoring 28 panic-filled points after he’s gotten the team 30 points down.  He doesn’t have "it”; he’s every bit the empty stats filler that Kirk Cousins is — he just gets along better with his teammates than Cousins does 

I like Dak, I liked him In the draft, hate that he's a cowboy, but yeah he's missing that it factor 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Your avatar brings out the best in me

All I needed was a belief in a 1000 yard receiver aided by a 100 yard QB to find my true calling.  Gratitude graciously accepted 

9 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Of course, mock on.

I loved this one. Small trade and rolled the dice on a small school QB:

753C7E95-9ADB-42A6-869F-9EB0DB850EB8.png

EE85CF82-2EEC-4541-B9F3-605B1BE367E3.png

2C834D39-340A-44CE-8DB1-11BA44E6F583.png

And I got the greatest punter since Ray Guy. Booyah 

12 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

I could easily see them going IOL or WR in the first

After Reagor’s Performance this season it’s a good possibility. I can see them taking a guy like Drake from USC at 19. 

13 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

I'd be surprised but it would be very welcome. We desperately need an overhaul on that side of the ball. Looking past next season we have probably 6 defensive players that are worth keeping around currently.

Speaking of, I wish I could watch games with that overhead view rather than the normally televised one so I can actually see what's happening in the secondary.

9 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I loved this one. Small trade and rolled the dice on a small school QB:

• PHI
    Derek Stingley Jr.
    CB LSU

• PHI
    David Ojabo
    EDGE Michigan

• PHI
    Nakobe Dean
    LB Georgia

• PHI
    Kenny Pickett
    QB Pittsburgh

• PHI
    Brian Asamoah II
    LB Oklahoma
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Haskell Garrett
    DT Ohio State
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Jeremy Ruckert
    TE Ohio State
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Charleston Rambo
    WR Miami-Fl
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Tariq Castro-Fields
    CB Penn State

• PHI
    Tykee Smith
    S Georgia

• PHI
    Josh Paschal
    EDGE Kentucky

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Peyton is the best commentator

He’s very good but his antics get old quick. 

Archived