EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

After Reagor’s Performance this season it’s a good possibility. I can see them taking a guy like Drake from USC at 19. 

There’s better WR options. I go Burks over Drake for sure. 

Just now, downundermike said:
  • PHI
    Derek Stingley Jr.
    CB LSU

• PHI
    David Ojabo
    EDGE Michigan

• PHI
    Nakobe Dean
    LB Georgia

• PHI
    Kenny Pickett
    QB Pittsburgh

• PHI
    Brian Asamoah II
    LB Oklahoma
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Haskell Garrett
    DT Ohio State
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Jeremy Ruckert
    TE Ohio State
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Charleston Rambo
    WR Miami-Fl
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Tariq Castro-Fields
    CB Penn State

• PHI
    Tykee Smith
    S Georgia

• PHI
    Josh Paschal
    EDGE Kentucky

A lot of wishful thinking here but damn I would do the river dance if we landed GM this hull

22 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I just wish Strong didn’t have the injury history. Love the arm but the knee scares me. 

If the Eagles spend time on him in the draft process they should have him do a lot of mobility drills for sure.  Much as I prefer a traditional pocket passer to the dual threat QB, some level of mobility is a must in today’s NFL 

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

There’s better WR options. I go Burks over Drake for sure. 

Sure but at 19?

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

People are reading WAY too much into one game early in the career of both Hurts and Sirianni.

It's not like the Eagles are one player from winning a SB. So no need to rush to judgement or make panic moves.

Of course, this board is chock full of "experts" who know more than anyone in the NFL.  :rolleyes: (well, maybe JR, the rest of you  . . . )

Josh Allen's 2nd season, lost in PO 19-22, 24-46 264 0-0, rushed 9 for 92. Not exactly a shining moment for passing QBs.

I'd put up Herbert's first PO game, but, he has yet to make the playoffs.

Burrow had a good 1st PO game.

Mac Jones, 24-38 232 2-2 , both TDs in garbage time down 31-3

Derek Carr, 1st PO game at age 30:  29-54  310  1-1

D Watson, 29-45  235  1-1

Dak had a good 1st  PO game

Wentz, he's played in one PO game, went 1 for 4 for 3 yards

Foles had a good PO game in 2012,

New Blog page, same BS.

31 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

Fans are going to fan.  Always the QB's fault. 

Just like Dak is the whole problem with the 'ish show that McCarthy has going on.  He didn't make that decision.  McCarthy and Kellen Moore did but Dak gets all the hate

I don’t know what Sirianni is yet. Frankly when he took his job I don’t believe he thought Jalen hurts is gonna be the starter. I think he believed Carson Wentz was going to be the starter and I don’t think the offense he ideally wants to run is the offense we have been running the last two months. I think the offense we saw was because he knows if he didn’t run that offense the eagles had no shot at winning games down the stretch against even bad to mediocre opponents. I actually think there would’ve been more potential that he is on the hot seat if the second half of the season the Eagles were still really bad and had a really easy schedule. I don’t think he’d been fired but i do thing if things didn’t improve the next season he was already on the hot seat.

The last play Dallas had is not the only reason why Dallas lost that game. That’s on mccarthy and moore for calling a stupid play with no timeouts left. However they lost for a lot of reasons before that play. Dak Prescott makes $40+ mil per year, he had $100 million wide receiver, ceedee lamb and a $90 million running back and yet manage to only score 17 points in a game. And I’d add they only got to 17 because Jimmy Garoppolo was so bad in the fourth quarter that he gave the Cowboys a gift interception that set them up for one of the touchdowns and Warner had to leave the game on that drive.

Just also going to point out that Prescott was 6-0 against the NFC East. That’s because the nfc east is not good. Against all other teams he was 5-6. That’s basically been his problem for the last 4 years which includes 2 years before mccarthy. He beats up on a bad NFC east and then is very lackluster and inconsistent against everyone else. His W-L against the nfc east the last 4 years is 17-2 and against everyone else 15-22 (including playoffs). In 2018 he was 5-1 vs. nfc east and 5-5 against non nfc east opponents (1-1 in the playoffs). In 2019 Dak was 5-1 vs. nfc east and 3-7 against the rest of the league. In 2020 he was 1-0 vs. nfc east and 1-3 vs. the rest of the league. In 2021 he was 6-0 vs. nfc east and the rest of the league was 5-6 (including playoffs). At some point in time I look at Prescott and say he’s just beating up on a lot of bad NFC East teams over the past 4 years (before mccarthy got there) and then when he actually has to play better competition or teams outside of the division he is not nearly as good or consistent. Now you can say wins and losses aren’t just a quarterback thing which is true. However if you go look at some of his performances he isn’t playing nearly as well outside of the division and in 2020 he was putting up a bunch of garbage time stats as they found themselves down huge. 

12 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Sure but at 19?

Over a USC guy? Every time. 

PS- Beckham is still quite good. 

Just now, Desertbirds said:

I'm not sure he had both feet inbounds.

Lol he clearly tapped the second foot. 

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Sorry. My point is I don’t see Burks lasting till 19. 

Just now, Outlaw said:

Lol he clearly tapped the second foot. 

If we go with Hurts next season, I absolutely want to sign Beckham if the Rams let him go. I would love to have a WR who will get in Hurts' face on the sideline and tell him to start looking at the field and throw the ball when theyre open.

Wow, Dallas has a $18.2 million cap hit for Zeke next season. What a bunch of idiots.

1 minute ago, jwill2420 said:

Sorry. My point is I don’t see Burks lasting till 19. 

Gotcha. Yeah then I wait. I’d rather Bell, Ross, Pickens, Ekunama over London. 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

If we go with Hurts next season, I absolutely want to sign Beckham if the Rams let him go. I would love to have a WR who will get in Hurts' face on the sideline and tell him to start looking at the field and throw the ball when theyre open.

you really think Howie and Lurie will sign a player that actually lifted up his leg like he was pissing on the Linc after a TD? 

Not happening. Need to think of realistic options. 

Those Beckham and Miller deals sure look better now. 

Also that looked fairly parallel to me. He threw it at the 15 and the (other) receiver caught it at the 15.

Archived