• Poor vision
  • Struggles to read defenses
  • Slow to work through progressions
  • Not an accurate passer
  • One-read quarterback
  • Arm strength is average
  • Personality issues

AND:

They feel he struggles to read defenses, too often after one read he looks to run, is not that accurate, does not have impressive arm strength, and is not a great runner for the NFL. They feel Hurts is tough and a winner, so they could see a team taking him in the mid-rounds of the 2020 NFL Draft if a team really likes him and wants to work with him as a backup quarterback who might be able to contribute somewhat, like Taysom Hill in New Orleans. Some feel Hurts should move to fullback for the NFL, as his struggles to see the field were given further proof at the Senior Bowl.

Hurts could sneak into the second day of the 2020 NFL Draft as a late third-round pick. If he doesn't go in Round 3, he probably will get selected in the fourth or fifth round.

Player Comparison: Pat White. Hurts and White (6-0, 205) are very similar as successful college quarterbacks who had passing limitations for the NFL. White was a bust as a second-round pick for the Dolphins in 2009. Hurts shouldn't go that high in the 2020 NFL Draft, and he would be better off trying to mimic Taysom Hill as an NFL player.

Boy, that sounds extremely accurate. 

These 2 are the same thing. I think they struggled to find strengths. Should have mentioned the 600lb deadlift

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

We have a cup cake schedule again next year, get the right QB and we'll be in contention for the top spot in the NFC, especially if Rodgers moves to the AFC, and Father Time and Brady go at it.

Brady doesn't even need to fight Father Time. Giselle whoops dat arse for him.

So, after a couple days to digest that, here's where I think we are. I wasn't expecting to beat Tampa, but I didn't expect to completely revert to looking like the 2-5 team from the beginning of the season, at lease on offense. The question we all kept debating was team improvement vs. strength of opponents -- while I think the team got better at working around limitations (i.e., going to the running game), it seems more of it was the opponents. But I still walk away encouraged by a few things: (i) Sirianni seems to be a good coach who can get the most out of mediocre talent by scheming to their strengths, (ii) the rookie class (Smith, Dickerson, Williams) looks strong, (iii) Gannon might not be an actual dumpster fire and (iv) the offensive line really might be close to set for the foreseeable future. So we are left with a team that is still going to be competitive next year, and good enough to best bad teams at a minimum. With the AFC South (Texans, Jaguars, Colts), NFC North (Lions, Bears, Vikings), Steelers (with a new QB) and NFC East (dumpster fire), the schedule next year has plenty of bad teams we can beat up on -- it's hard to see them failing to win 7-8 games (3 against the NFCE, 2 against the AFC South, 2 against the NFC North at a minimum), so there's no tank for a top 10 pick in 2023. So if we are going to be competitive, what is the best plan of action? Here's some thoughts. 

1. QB -- No, Jalen Hurts has not done enough to make himself the unquestioned starter next year. However, spending multiple 1sts on anyone other than Watson doesn't make a ton of sense to me. You trade for Rodgers, you need to win a Super Bowl now. If you get Wilson, you need him to last until you get better with his style of play. Now...14, Hurts and a 2023 1st for Wilson? Yeah, I'm doing that. But 2 or 3 of our 2022 1sts? That's a no for me. I'd much rather bring in real competition -- how much would Mariota cost? Hell, I'd even eat some wins with Jameis if he is healthy and cheap. Let's get a bridge QB that can run Nick's offense and improve guys like Smith, Watkins and Goedert. I think you are bargain shopping for a guy on a 1-2 year deal. 

HOWEVER -- if Watson is available and able to play, yeah...get it done.

2. Draft -- I'm using all 3 1st rounders on defense if possible. If I can trade one of them and pick up a 2023 1st for not moving too far down, that works too. We need an edge rusher, and Ojabo makes a ton of sense for someone who will be there. BG is on this team because of his contract -- draft Ojabo and have him just learn from BG non-stop. End, safety, corner, DT...want 2 of them in the 1st round. 

3. FA -- goodbye to Brandon Brooks, among others. Other than that, keep signing cheap rental guys (think Steve Nelson this year) that don't impact the cap long term. And extend Hargrave to get his cap number down. 

4. Staff -- please fire Michael Clay

Just now, greend said:

These 2 are the same thing. I think they struggled to find strengths. Should have mentioned the 600lb deadlift

And his social media game is strong. 

3 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Looking around the NFL, all the great young QBs are in the AFC.

Whose the stud young QB in the NFC? Kyler? Lance? Fields? Dak?

We get a guy like Watson, he will rule the NFC for years to come.

I’ve said it over and over, Watson has to be the target based on who’s assumed to be available. And that’s of course assuming all the legal stuff gets taken care of and he’s cleared to play. 

5 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Looking around the NFL, all the great young QBs are in the AFC.

Whose the young stud QB in the NFC? Kyler? Lance? Fields? Dak?

We get a guy like Watson, he will rule the NFC for years to come.

None of those guys. Fields sucks. Kyler and Dak are overrated. 

10 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Sounds like you already have the excuses lined up. 

So you don’t think you have a list of excuses for hurts you have made on here?

i’m just gonna give you facts.

Jalen hurts against playoff teams was 0-6. Not all his fault defense was not good either.

Ppg in those games was 20.16. That includes the garbage time touchdowns and the defensive touchdown in the Dallas game. If i just take away the defensive td it’s at 19ppg  

If I take away the defensive td against Dallas then the meaningless garbage time td in Dallas when they were down 41 to 14 with two minutes left, the 8 seconds left against the Chiefs when they were down 19 and scored, the touchdown they scored against the Raiders when they were down 19 points with 3+ minutes left and the meaningless 15 points we scored after being down 31-0 with 11 mins left in the game this past Sunday that number drops to 12.8ppg.

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

And his social media game is strong. 

I didn't see leadership and calmness. Maybe we should write these things

5 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I remember. What an unhinged pig of a human being.

I included him in every Hurts sucks post for a couple weeks. I think he put me on his ignore list

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

So you don’t think you have a list of excuses for hurts you just made?

i’m just gonna give you facts.

Jalen hurts against playoff teams was 0-6. Not all his fault defense was not good either.

Ppg in those games was 20.16. That includes the garbage time touchdowns and the defensive touchdown in the Dallas game. If i just take away the defensive td it’s at 19ppg  

If I take away the defensive td against Dallas then the meaningless garbage time td in Dallas when they were down 41 to 14 with two minutes left, the 8 seconds left against the Chiefs when they were down 19 and scored, the touchdown they scored against the Raiders when they were down 19 points with 3 1/2 minutes left and the meaningless 15 points we scored after being down 31-0 with 11 mins left in the game this past Sunday that number drops to 12.8ppg.

You can't take away those garbage time scores, they were basically the first half.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

What did that guy have against shooters?

I'm not sure. Maybe he can tell you. @MeccaDon123

Btw, Hurts sucks

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

None of those guys. Fields sucks. Kyler and Dak are overrated. 

Agreed, if we get Watson, we have the best QB going forward in the NFC.

Somebody convince that F to waive his NTC.

Guest justrelax
14 minutes ago, The Holy Vagabond said:

Demarvin Leal or Jordan Davis. I’m kinda leaning towards Davis for the eagles. 

Radically different types.

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

And stop being a perv

3 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

The GM all but said he will never play for them again on the radio this morning.  We will see where he wants to go now that it may actually happen.

Just now, greend said:

And stop being a perv

Or just pay for the extra tickle

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

2 down player.  Doesn't really fit a traditional 4-3.  Leal has more weight to put on.  I'd go with Leal.  

I agree. For our team Leal>>>>>>>>Davis. I would go Winfrey over Davis for our dline style as well.

5 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

So, after a couple days to digest that, here's where I think we are. I wasn't expecting to beat Tampa, but I didn't expect to completely revert to looking like the 2-5 team from the beginning of the season, at lease on offense. The question we all kept debating was team improvement vs. strength of opponents -- while I think the team got better at working around limitations (i.e., going to the running game), it seems more of it was the opponents. But I still walk away encouraged by a few things: (i) Sirianni seems to be a good coach who can get the most out of mediocre talent by scheming to their strengths, (ii) the rookie class (Smith, Dickerson, Williams) looks strong, (iii) Gannon might not be an actual dumpster fire and (iv) the offensive line really might be close to set for the foreseeable future. So we are left with a team that is still going to be competitive next year, and good enough to best bad teams at a minimum. With the AFC South (Texans, Jaguars, Colts), NFC North (Lions, Bears, Vikings), Steelers (with a new QB) and NFC East (dumpster fire), the schedule next year has plenty of bad teams we can beat up on -- it's hard to see them failing to win 7-8 games (3 against the NFCE, 2 against the AFC South, 2 against the NFC North at a minimum), so there's no tank for a top 10 pick in 2023. So if we are going to be competitive, what is the best plan of action? Here's some thoughts. 

1. QB -- No, Jalen Hurts has not done enough to make himself the unquestioned starter next year. However, spending multiple 1sts on anyone other than Watson doesn't make a ton of sense to me. You trade for Rodgers, you need to win a Super Bowl now. If you get Wilson, you need him to last until you get better with his style of play. Now...14, Hurts and a 2023 1st for Wilson? Yeah, I'm doing that. But 2 or 3 of our 2022 1sts? That's a no for me. I'd much rather bring in real competition -- how much would Mariota cost? Hell, I'd even eat some wins with Jameis if he is healthy and cheap. Let's get a bridge QB that can run Nick's offense and improve guys like Smith, Watkins and Goedert. I think you are bargain shopping for a guy on a 1-2 year deal. 

2. Draft -- I'm using all 3 1st rounders on defense if possible. If I can trade one of them and pick up a 2023 1st for not moving too far down, that works too. We need an edge rusher, and Ojabo makes a ton of sense for someone who will be there. BG is on this team because of his contract -- draft Ojabo and have him just learn from BG non-stop. End, safety, corner, DT...want 2 of them in the 1st round. 

3. FA -- goodbye to Brandon Brooks, among others. Other than that, keep signing cheap rental guys (think Steve Nelson this year) that don't impact the cap long term. And extend Hargrave to get his cap number down. 

I'm with you. Watson to me is the only viable trade opportunity that makes sense, provided he won't be suspended for the year.

Just now, Outlaw said:

I agree. For our team Leal>>>>>>>>Davis. I would go Winfrey over Davis for our dline style as well.

Agreed 

6 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Crazy Yes GIFs | Tenor

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

Or just pay for the extra tickle

I mean you're a successful NFL quarterback for Pete's sake. 

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

I'm with you. Watson to me is the only viable trade opportunity that makes sense, provided he won't be suspended for the year.

If he can play in 2023, I'm good with 14, 19, Hurts and more in 2023 picks. I'd like to keep one of the 1sts. 

Getting an elite, young QB...you don't get that chance basically ever. 

Just now, downundermike said:

The GM all but said he will never play for them again on the radio this morning.  We will see where he wants to go now that it may actually happen.

MIA is publicly out, they are committing to Tua.

CAR picked up Darnold's option and has a worse O-Line, coach, and market than us.

DEN is transitioning into new ownership, don't think they want the heat that will come with Watson during a sale.

PIT? Not their style.

NYG are in negative cap space, expected to give Jones 1 more shot, and don't think Mara wants the blowback after the past few years they have had.

NO couldn't absorb Minshew's contract lol

Whose left?

I think it's between us and CAR.

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I think the market for watson is going to be about six to seven teams. But I think realistically there’s only three teams I see making the move. The 6 teams i could see are eagles, broncos, giants, Steelers, Carolina, Washington and browns. The Steelers already put out a report they’re not willing to give up multiple first round picks to get a quarterback. So that kind of makes me think they’re out as a serious suitor.

The Giants owner has apparently made it clear  he doesn’t want Watson according to the beat writers. Maybe that changes when all this gets settled. But at this point take it for what it’s worth.

So that really leaves you with the Eagles, Broncos, Carolina, Washington and the Browns.

The Browns make sense because I think they’re a quarterback away from being a legitimate contender in the afc. 

The Broncos are similar to the Browns but I think they have less talent than the Browns roster has. But with a coaching change and if they hire someone like Brian Flores it put them in the driver’s seat

The issue with Carolina is they are stuck in Sam Darnold fifth year option. It’s exercises and guaranteed. So if they’re going to make any trade with Houston they’re going to have to do a Matt Stafford type of trade. Where they pay for Matt Stafford (here watson) and then also pay the Texans to take on Sam Darnold. Not so sure Carolina is willing to pay that price.

I forgot about Washington but I think the problem is going to come Watson‘s not gonna want to go there due to that dysfunctional organization. And I think with everything going on in that organization I’m not so sure they can make the move with what’s going on with Watson‘s life right now. I do think Dan Snyder would try to convince him to come and be aggressive in that market though

I would’ve mentioned the Saints but I think their cap situation is really bad at this point in time. I don’t think they can afford to give up the picks and just restructure everyone to bring in watson. I think that’s gonna wind up screwing them over is bad contracts like Taysom hill. They would basically have to do what i said Carolina would have to do and probably send off some good players as well. 

1 minute ago, vikas83 said:

If he can play in 2023, I'm good with 14, 19, Hurts and more in 2023 picks. I'd like to keep one of the 1sts. 

Getting an elite, young QB...you don't get that chance basically ever. 

I don't think they'd want Hurts over Mills. Could be wrong though. And yes, I'd want to keep one of this year's firsts. We need an EDGE rusher or a CB badly and want at least one of Booth, Gardner, Ojabo, J Johnson.

Archived