EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I love that were comparing Josh Allen with Jalen hurts. Josh Allen who might have one of the best arms to ever come into the NFL to a kid who has nowhere close to that arm talent. you wanna know why Josh Allen got two years and then another year it was because he has elite arm talent. What elite thing besides running does Jalen hurts have? Because I can tell you he doesn’t have an elite arm, he doesn’t have a elite processing and doesn’t have elite decision making. He has elite intangibles? every good to great quarterback has intangibles, you know what else the great ones have have them puts them over the top? great passing talent. 

offseason workout videos...

of him running.  :blink:

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Sending him to the bench will not help his development. He needs to continue to play.  Just as Josh Allen developed as a passer year to year, Hurts has earned the right to get second year as starter here and show howuch further he can develop. 

@eagle45 you can quote this, use it and make it your own, but the clown needs to see it.  He obviously put me on ignore because his boy sucks.

Hurts has not earned the right, and has not shown the development needed to be handed the job.

Eagles changed the offensive philosophy against Detroit.  

7 games before Detroit.

10 TD's, 4 interceptions, 61.16 completion percentage.

7 games after Detroit

6 TD's, 5 interceptions, 61.36 completion percentage.

There was zero, none, nada, zilch improvement.  The offense improved because Jalen Hurts threw 68 less passes against the bottom feeders of the NFL for 7 weeks.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I was on the fence with the pick TBH.  I wanted Hooker, Humphrey or Tre-Devious White.  

The good news is that we drafted Sidney Jones in the 2nd round.  

Don’t forget about pumphrey in the 4th. What. A. Steal. Next sprolezzzzz

5 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

The more I read about Strong, the more I'm hesitant. Between the injury, gimmick offensive system, and terrible competition. I don't know how you can draft him in the 1st and hand him the keys to the franchise.

The arm talent is special, Herbert level special, prototypical size, smart, accurate, good character - but too many red flag.

He is like Desmond Ridder.  Could be Josh Allen, could be Paxton Lynch.  The big boys have to make that decision, and Sirianni and Stechein have to decide if they can turn them into Josh Allen.

12 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Sending him to the bench will not help his development. He needs to continue to play.  Just as Josh Allen developed as a passer year to year, Hurts has earned the right to get second year as starter here and show howuch further he can develop. 

Qbs with no passing talent and no passing refinement can develop as backups until fortune gives them an opportunity.  He has done nothing and has no talent that dictate he get more time as a starter.

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

Qbs with no passing talent and no passing refinement can develop as backups until fortune gives them an opportunity.  He has done nothing and has no talent that dictate he get more time as a starter.

That's just simply not true. 

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He is like Desmond Ridder.  Could be Josh Allen, could be Paxton Lynch.  The big boys have to make that decision, and Sirianni and Stechein have to decide if they can turn them into Josh Allen.

I'll chime in and say there's no way Strong becomes Josh Allen...  Ridder... maybe.

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

That's just simply not true. 

List all the things he has done to earn the job.

3 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

The more I read about Strong, the more I'm hesitant. Between the injury, gimmick offensive system, and terrible competition. I don't know how you can draft him in the 1st and hand him the keys to the franchise.

The arm talent is special, Herbert level special, prototypical size, smart, accurate, good character - but too many red flags.

Mayfield

Murray

Mahomes

Goff

burrow even played in some air raid influenced offense .

The system Strong  played in , is a little different do to the pistol influence , but still air raid bias 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Yeah, Ridder is another one, crazy talent, not as good an arm as Strong, but way more mobile, without medical flags, and much better competition.

Thing is, Allen had a guy like Daboll who turned him into the QB he is, I don't know if I trust Siri and Stechein to do that.

I know I'm like a broken record here, but I say go for the known commodity in Watson/Wilson, it will cost more, but it will cost more for a reason.

26 minutes ago, RLC said:

Don't hire "football guys"

But glass-eating, former high school fullbacks can't relate to those guys so they obviously aren't qualified

17 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Now we are going full Hurtscuses.

Funny enough the pro-Hurts radio callers are screaming "We need to get another coach!"

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I'll chime in and say there's no way Strong becomes Josh Allen...  Ridder... maybe.

Took a 4-11-1 team to the playoffs in his first year as starter.  Showed improvement and development from his rookie year to his second year while doing so in a brand new offense (3rd new offense he has had to learn in 3 years).  Has shown great leadership skills that the team has bought into.  Has a great work ethic and drive to improve. As a young developing QB he has earned the right to come back as the starter in his 3rd year as they continue to build this team that is not a QB away from contending. See how much of a leap he makes in his second year in this offense and 3rd year in the NFL.  If he doesn't make a leap then nothing was lost and you can look elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

GoT tO tHe PlAyOfFs! Meanwhile lost to every playoff team (0-6… didn’t play against Dallas week 18) and by an average margin of 14.5 points and offense scoring an average of 20.16 (includes garbage time tds) 

22 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Now we are going full Hurtscuses.

That guy has no idea what he's talking about

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Took a 4-11-1 team to the playoffs in his first year as starter. 

The team got to the playoffs playing the worst schedule in the NFL, and took the ball out of his hands in a run heavy offense.

Showed improvement and development from his rookie year to his second year while doing so in a brand new offense

See my before Detroit, after Detroit post.  He regressed in the second half against the bottom of the NFL

(3rd new offense he has had to learn in 3 years). 

Hurtscuses

Has shown great leadership skills that the team has bought into.  Has a great work ethic and drive to improve.

No one is doubting that, need to have the skills that he does not.

As a young developing QB he has earned the right to come back as the starter in his 3rd year as they continue to build this team that is not a QB away from contending. See how much of a leap he makes in his second year in this offense and 3rd year in the NFL.  If he doesn't make a leap then nothing was lost and you can look elsewhere. 

He is probably already at his ceiling, which is Tyrod Taylor

This will be the last wasting my time I will do on this clown.  This poster is such a fraud that he hid behind the ignore feature once again because I continue to own him, and his boy ish the bed and the fan base in mass has seen enough.  

You know he reads it though.

I keep feeling more and more I'd like to roll the dice on Ridder.

8 minutes ago, RLC said:

Mike, do I have the QB for you!

If the Steelers acquired Hurts, which receiver would go full Antonio Brown first.  My money is on Claypool.

6 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Took a 4-11-1 team to the playoffs in his first year as starter.  Showed improvement and development from his rookie year to his second year while doing so in a brand new offense (3rd new offense he has had to learn in 3 years).  Has shown great leadership skills that the team has bought into.  Has a great work ethic and drive to improve. As a young developing QB he has earned the right to come back as the starter in his 3rd year as they continue to build this team that is not a QB away from contending. See how much of a leap he makes in his second year in this offense and 3rd year in the NFL.  If he doesn't make a leap then nothing was lost and you can look elsewhere. 

So everyone who improves from year 1 to 2 automatically earns a starting job?

Tim Tebow improved from year 1 to 2, went to the playoffs with a better record, and won a playoff game.  Did he earn the starting job?

Dillard is a lot better than he was as a rookie, so has he earned the LT job?  The dude improved. 

Just now, Godfather said:

That guy has no idea what he's talking about

That said, is it possible to accept a 2-year rebuild? Using this draft to try and build a dominant defense (need a new DC as well), use free agency to add balance on the other side of Smith, take advantage of Hurts's low cost, and address QB the next year? I have a bigger concern about short term thinking and using the draft picks on an established QB. The team has too many holes.

Was posted to show the Bills game, but look at BDN delivering one of the best playoff wins.

6 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Hurts showed that he sucks on multiple occasions. He has done nothing to "earn the right" to be the starter next year

Does anyone think Wilson could take THIS team deep into the playoffs?

And if you have to spend 2 1st rd picks plus on him, how much better will the team be next year? And where will the improvement come from?

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

So everyone who improves from year 1 to 2 automatically earns a starting job?

Tim Tebow improved from year 1 to 2, went to the playoffs with a better record, and won a playoff game.  Did he earn the starting job?

Dillard is a lot better than he was as a rookie, so has he earned the LT job?  The dude improved. 

Watkins improved from year 1 to 2.  He is still maybe a #2, at best.  More like a #3.

Hurts' ceiling is pretty obvious.  How he gets there isn't the issue.

Archived