EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Reagor won't be converted to any other position; certainly not by the Eagles.  Can you imagine how much teaching and coaching would go into a project like that when he hasn't been taking the teaching and coaching to be the WR he's supposed to be?

Reagor needs a change of scenery -- it's over for him in Philly.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding Strong's knee injury, I found this:

"Plenty speculation on here about status of Nevada QB Carson Strong’s knee,” Nagy tweeted. "He had surgery Feb. 21 and rushed back to play this fall despite normal 10-month recovery time. Recently saw an NFL team doc who told him there was zero cause for long-term concern after clean MRI.”

7 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

As a disclaimer, I am not suggesting this...but if we were to just look at physical attributes alone, since the WR ship has sailed, Reagor would make an interesting safety.

Good size for the position, nice speed, fantastic ups to break up passes, at least has the frame, if not the toughness, to also be physical.

I have a better idea for Reagor....how about he dedicate himself to his craft and be the WR he was drafted to be?  He could still make an impact, but he needs to grow up, work hard, and make change happen.  Enough of the immature BS with him.  

23 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

DJ Chark is my guy for talent to cost ratio. I think a 6'4" guy across from DeVonta is a plus.

I'd settle for him but that's only if they spend big on the defensive side of the ball. 

18 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

People think we can get a 3rd for Hurts? LMAO

2nd for AJ Feeley, 2nd and DRC for Kevin Kolb

A few more reports say, Strong relies too much on his upper body to throw, making the ball sail at the end of its arc, makes sense considering his knee injury.

Geez, he's a doozy of a prospect to grade.

What a great solution, make the offense as obvious as possible.  I have a better solution, get a QB who can throw effectively to all parts of the field, including 3 yards past the line of scrimmage.

22 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Yeah, 6'5" with arguably the strongest arm in the NFL versus 6' with no arm.  Great comparison.

And if Hurts is going to take time to develop, that's fine.  Then he can go take time to develop behind the scenes as a backup.  If someone gets hurt, then he can show the world his wonderful progress.  That's how it works with QBs that have Hurts' level of passing talent and refinement/need for development time.

Sending him to the bench will not help his development. He needs to continue to play.  Just as Josh Allen developed as a passer year to year, Hurts has earned the right to get second year as starter here and show howuch further he can develop. 

6 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

image.thumb.png.937c392f2a480ba1048a19dd139a6f43.png

Interesting break-down. Consensus is, first round ability, but it all comes down to medical.

Functional Mobility 8.0/10?!

Instantly made me think of this classic from when The Simpsons was funny .... 20 years ago

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I’ll say this Russell Wilson had more wins against playoff teams this year with the Seattle team that apparently wasn’t as good as the Eagles. Wilson was 3-4 against playoff teams. One loss was to the titans (no. 1 seed when the titans were healthy in week 2) by 3 points in overtime and the other he lost to the rams when he got hurt when the game was 9-7 and eventually pulled due to his finger injury. 

54 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

It's very fair to compare him.  Dual threat QBs who took time to develop their passing game at the pro level. 

I think you might need to brush up on the definition of dual threat. 

Strong has the best deep ball in the draft  , he is just a statue back there  though , I don’t see Lock , I said months ago , Bledsoe would be my comp . 

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yup.  Dual means he can do two things.  Hurts only does one thing well... run.

3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

It doesn't mean left foot and right foot??

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Oh. I know.  Instead of talking about Hurts.....and that new topic of Howie Roseman (is that how it's spelled)?  

I have a new topic to chat about.  How about that Derek Barnett and the penalties.  Maybe that's becoming a problem, you think?

Being a Tennessee fan. Loved the pick. Did not live up to the hype. 

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

What a great solution, make the offense as obvious as possible.  I have a better solution, get a QB who can throw effectively to all parts of the field, including 3 yards past the line of scrimmage.

There might be a reason he's not coaching.  lol 

1 hour ago, TorontoEagle said:

Do you remember the opening game of 2020 with Wentz at QB? Reagor ran a terrible route if I remember correctly, where he was lazy, again, and it turned into an INT, and ultimately the beginning of the end. I want Reagor as far away from this team as humanly possible

I do as well.

The more I read about Strong, the more I'm hesitant. Between the injury, gimmick offensive system, and terrible competition. I don't know how you can draft him in the 1st and hand him the keys to the franchise.

The arm talent is special, Herbert level special, prototypical size, smart, accurate, good character - but too many red flags.

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I love that were comparing Josh Allen with Jalen hurts. Josh Allen who might have one of the best arms to ever come into the NFL to a kid who has nowhere close to that arm talent. you wanna know why Josh Allen got two years and then another year it was because he has elite arm talent. What elite thing besides running does Jalen hurts have? Because I can tell you he doesn’t have an elite arm, he doesn’t have a elite processing and doesn’t have elite decision making. He has elite intangibles? every good to great quarterback has intangibles, you know what else the great ones have have them puts them over the top? great passing talent. 

4 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

11 Eagles who need to be gone- article by Reuben Frank. I agree with him. There are more, these these guys are in the spotlight for now:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/11-eagles-who-need-be-gone-2022

Really good point on the ST units.  I think part of that is the team using Reagor which I don't know if I can blame on Clay.  They really should be able to trade Reagor for something as long as they absorb some of the cap hit.  He's  got to go.  

Archived