TEW

18 hours ago, TEW said:

Time for the dark art of Zizou magic

Show time. Bring it. 

Not the same Real

24 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

How about that Li Liga

Chelsea took out Sevilla, Athletico, and Real

edit: Chelsea didn’t take out Sevilla but rather beat them for the top spot in their Group and getting a win and draw in their two games

41 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Not the same Real

Didn’t get to watch the match. Varane was out from what I heard.

But yeah, the team’s core players are old and we have a ton of injuries.

Man City vs. Chelsea in Istanbul.  Lol

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

How about that Li Liga

Meh, temporary down period. History shows it’s the best league.

Hell, Madrid alone has more Chmpions League titles than Liverpool, United and Chelsea combined. :lol: 

6 hours ago, TEW said:

Didn’t get to watch the match. Varane was out from what I heard.

But yeah, the team’s core players are old and we have a ton of injuries.

No punch going forward. Benzema solo was the only threat. Should have been 4-0. 

2 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

No punch going forward. Benzema solo was the only threat. Should have been 4-0. 

The team is really tired. They've looked bad for over a month now. Modrid, Kroos and Casemiro have a lot of miles on those legs. Hazard is a flop, Vini and Rodrygo are still 20 year old prospects pushed into action. Madrid is in the awkward reload phase, bottom line.

I'd also say, Ramos coming off injury, Carvajal out, Varane out, Vazquez out -- that's basically our entire starting defense.

Madrid definitely needs to get younger. Bring back Odegaard, sell some of the dead weight and bring in some guys who are like 23 years old and just entering their prime.

I'm not worried though. England will get their odd champions league title and then all will be right in the universe again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TEW said:

The team is really tired. They've looked bad for over a month now. Modrid, Kroos and Casemiro have a lot of miles on those legs. Hazard is a flop, Vini and Rodrygo are still 20 year old prospects pushed into action. Madrid is in the awkward reload phase, bottom line.

I'd also say, Ramos coming off injury, Carvajal out, Varane out, Vazquez out -- that's basically our entire starting defense.

Madrid definitely needs to get younger. Bring back Odegaard, sell some of the dead weight and bring in some guys who are like 23 years old and just entering their prime.

I'm not worried though. England will get their odd champions league title and then all will be right in the universe again.

You’ll reload like always. Honestly it should have been 7 or 8-1 over the two legs. Real was completely dominated by Chelsea. The matchup wasn’t great for Real plus the old tired team vs youth. 

Chelsea have the making of a really good young team. Lots of exciting young players, lots of quality and it seems like a good young manager to bring that together. 

52 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Chelsea have the making of a really good young team. Lots of exciting young players, lots of quality and it seems like a good young manager to bring that together. 

They really are very young save for Azpil and Silva. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

They really are very young save for Azpil and Silva. 

But then you need that experience. Defense should definitely be their main focus this summer. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But then you need that experience. Defense should definitely be their main focus this summer. 

It will be though they need another midfielder and a pure goal scorer as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrPhilly said:

It will be though they need another midfielder and a pure goal scorer as well. 

I don't know I think Werner and Havertz are going to be a lot better next year. 

8 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't know I think Werner and Havertz are going to be a lot better next year. 

Maybe. Havertz looks more like a false nine in many respects and Werner is challenging Wright-Phillips for the title of the guy who creates the most chances while scoring the fewest goals. 

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They were the only team last summer to spend like crazy, I hope they got better. 

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

They were the only team last summer to spend like crazy, I hope they got better. 

Has Werner turned it around yet?

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

They were but that was after a couple of xfer windows where they weren't allowed to buy any players and during which they sold a bunch of players including Hazard.

1 hour ago, TEW said:

Has Werner turned it around yet?

No.  He continues to generate a ton of chances but can't put the ball in the net.  I half expected him to miss his wide open opportunity yesterday.  Did you see that goal?  My dead great grandmother could have scored that one and I’m talking about today not back when she was alive. 

• Haha 1

@TEW Interesting stat, Chelsea is unbeaten in five straight Euro games vs. Real.  Lyon had a similar streak vs. Real about 10 years back, think it was seven games.  Those are the two longest dry spells for Real in Europe vs. any single club historically.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

@TEW Interesting stat, Chelsea is unbeaten in five straight Euro games vs. Real.  Lyon had a similar streak vs. Real about 10 years back, think it was seven games.  Those are the two longest dry spells for Real in Europe vs. any single club historically.

Nice. Hadn’t heard that before. 10 years ago was another awkward rebuild post galactico period. Chelsea I’m not sure which games other than the recent two.

Just now, TEW said:

Nice. Hadn’t heard that before. 10 years ago was another awkward rebuild post galactico period. Chelsea I’m not sure which games other than the recent two.

I checked.  We simply haven't played.  It stretches back to 1971 when we met in Cup Winners Cup and then a single meeting in some UEFA Super Cup in '98 :lol:

Silly record but...

• Haha 1

I too couldn't remember the two squads playing

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Kante Toni Kross Modric Casemiro'

• Haha 1