Amazon thread

dawkins4prez

10 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

If you haven't watched Wayne I highly recommend it.

Agreed. I think you might have told me about this show, and it was hilarious and entertaining. I’m really hoping there’s a season 2. It looks like that’s still up for debate. 

• Like 1

The new Grand Tour special came out last week, Lochdown.  I enjoyed it.  Dumping on America, as usual, but some really funny parts.

15 hours ago, jrsu37 said:

If you haven't watched Wayne I highly recommend it.

Added it to the list!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2021 at 5:33 PM, hputenis said:

Agreed. I think you might have told me about this show, and it was hilarious and entertaining. I’m really hoping there’s a season 2. It looks like that’s still up for debate. 

OK so I watched Wayne in it's entirety - amazing.  The scene at the school dance :roll: His retarded "step-brother" :roll: Del's twin brothers :roll: 

I could go on and on - really hope there's another season as well

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

i'm a few years late to the party but is man in the high castle worth watching?  

Yes. I thought it was really good. Very strange ending though

You may get annoyed by the main character lol

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

Yes. Probably the best show Amazon had done. It's even better if you watch it thinking about which CVON posters would have welcomed the NSDAP occupation :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Yes. Probably the best show Amazon had done. It's even better if you watch it thinking about which CVON posters would have welcomed the NSDAP occupation :lol:

I'm not sure about the best show but it's in the top

3 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

Yes - takes a few episodes to get into and gets a little twisty at times but overall an excellent watch.

• Like 1

"Coherence". Kind of a SCi-Fi mystery/thriller. It was a weird one but I liked it. Guests at a dinner party start noticing weird unexplained phenomenon prompted by the appearance of a comet. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Gannan said:

"Coherence". Kind of a SCi-Fi mystery/thriller. It was a weird one but I liked it. Guests at a dinner party start noticing weird unexplained phenomenon prompted by the appearance of a comet. 

Is this the movie where 

Spoiler

there were clones of themselves down the street also having a house party?

31 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Is this the movie where 

Reveal hidden contents

there were clones of themselves down the street also having a house party?

Yep.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gannan said:

I didn't hate this movie either...Kinda a neat concept. 

If you dug it at all, I'd recommend checking out The Invitation. It's a decent watch.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 3:35 AM, Gannan said:

Haha, probably the only series I quit in the middle of and I’ve been binging hard since the vid hit. I guess too dreary + the when they flash into the future of a relatively alternative universe ( confusing ). For alternative history type shows Jericho, a little cheezy, network television, older taking those into consideration decent, For all Mankind really good so far, Plot Against America dreary but more on the beaten path. Maybe I will venture back into High Castle since a little harder to find stuff to binge although probably some good  not too old British stuff to rummage around in also a bunch of decent period pieces

Looks similar to Shadow And Bone.

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi3816931353/?ref_=tt_vi_i_3

I watched that one and it was pretty good.  Some rather nice looking women as a bonus.  First season was available in Spring with a second season still to come.  Each one consists of 8 episodes.

Wheel Of Time looks interesting.  Will probably check it out.

7 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

I watched that one and it was pretty good.  Some rather nice looking women as a bonus.  First season was available in Spring with a second season still to come.  Each one consists of 8 episodes.

Ignore this response. misread your comment as discussing a specific Wheel of Time book not another show

9 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

Yeah. It's epic fantasy. So if you like to watch that sort of stuff, this show should do well. I read the Wheel of Time books 20 years ago, so I'm really excited for this!

1 hour ago, homerpat said:

Ignore this response. misread your comment as discussing a specific Wheel of Time book not another show

If you read the books, I saw where the producer said Season One of the TV show is based on Books 1-3. But not everything in those books. They will go back to them in Season Two. The show is going to skip around.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 9:26 AM, toolg said:

Yeah. It's epic fantasy. So if you like to watch that sort of stuff, this show should do well. I read the Wheel of Time books 20 years ago, so I'm really excited for this!

If you read the books, I saw where the producer said Season One of the TV show is based on Books 1-3. But not everything in those books. They will go back to them in Season Two. The show is going to skip around.

I just pray they get Mat right. He is hands down one of my favorite book characters ever

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 1:39 PM, Mike030270 said:

Yes. I thought it was really good. Very strange ending though

You may get annoyed by the main character lol

i'm almost finished with season 1 & i'm not sure exactly which main character you're referring to...a couple of them are annoying.  show is pretty good though. 

and the lead bro-ad is hott. 

6 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i'm almost finished with season 1 & i'm not sure exactly which main character you're referring to...a couple of them are annoying.  show is pretty good though. 

and the lead bro-ad is hott. 

The Man in the High Castle Star Alexa Davalos Promises a “Roller Coast |  Vanity Fair

7 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

ALEXA.jpg

***replaced with better pic***

she's cute.  her character is annoying but hasn't bothered me too much so far. not as much as her cuck bf anyway. :lol:  

• Haha 1