The official Hurts/Minshew/Stinnett/Strong/EJ Perry containment thread

jsb235

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Winning is what matters. All of your preconceived ASSumptions mean little to nothing in regards to winning. All of you fawned over Wentz and he never won a playoff game. As I stated I don’t care who leads us to victory nor do I care about how he looks doing it as long as he wins. 

Nice effort there with the caps....except for the fact it's not preconceived....Hurts had his ASSumption kicked thoroughly on basically every level in Tampa when he couldn't throw, read the defense, or progress through targets. But he's only a QB in the NFL facing off against Brady, Rodgers, and Stafford in the NFC. Not like throwing the ball is how you win playoff games ;)

And yeah, it's cute to keep saying winning matters, and who cares? Most of us agree, but most of us also see the coming wreck. 

• Like 1

That whole winning is all that matters is annoying. The team could win games and it have nothing to do with QB and you end up losing that and now stuck with a QB who can't win games

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Nice effort there with the caps....except for the fact it's not preconceived....Hurts had his ASSumption kicked thoroughly on basically every level in Tampa when he couldn't throw, read the defense, or progress through targets. But he's only a QB in the NFL facing off against Brady, Rodgers, and Stafford in the NFC. Not like throwing the ball is how you win playoff games ;)

And yeah, it's cute to keep saying winning matters, and who cares? Most of us agree, but most of us also see the coming wreck. 

And Hurts only wins against teams with a winning record are against teams QB'd by Taysom Hill and Trevor Simien.

8 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

It was a dark day in 2017 when they confirmed Wentz tore his ACL. A lot of fans gave up hope for what seemed to be a promising season up to that point. It's super easy to be a pessimist. 

I'd sure like to see a list of all the EMB posters that are predicting a "wreck." "Most" fans see this? lol

On 5/15/2022 at 2:51 PM, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Two guys with SB wins and MVPs.  If his upside is that, Jalen is long gone.

Nah. How many rushing yards did Foles and Flacco have between them? Any QB who doesn't have highlight reel worthy runs ain't shee it.

6 hours ago, brkmsn said:

It was a dark day in 2017 when they confirmed Wentz tore his ACL. A lot of fans gave up hope for what seemed to be a promising season up to that point. It's super easy to be a pessimist. 

I'd sure like to see a list of all the EMB posters that are predicting a "wreck." "Most" fans see this? lol

Foles could at least throw the ball.

Not many are saying wreck. He will beat bad teams and the OL and run will carry him. Against a good team in the playoffs? He is going to get his bleep kicked. 

11 hours ago, downundermike said:

And Hurts only wins against teams with a winning record are against teams QB'd by Taysom Hill and Trevor Simien.

Facts suck.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Foles could at least throw the ball.

Not many are saying wreck. He will beat bad teams and the OL and run will carry him. Against a good team in the playoffs? He is going to get his bleep kicked. 

When Foles closed out the regular season in place of Wentz, he had one good game and 3 meh performances (the last one a partial "rest game" ). We went into the playoffs as underdogs each week. There were a number of people that claimed we were done. There were people that doubted Foles week after week. But it was never just about Foles. "It's the whole team!" We aren't winning squat if we are playing 1 vs 11 out there.

I realize that pessimists can't fathom forming optimistic thoughts, but it's pretty closed minded to think it's impossible for a young player to improve.  

8 hours ago, brkmsn said:

When Foles closed out the regular season in place of Wentz, he had one good game and 3 meh performances (the last one a partial "rest game" ). We went into the playoffs as underdogs each week. There were a number of people that claimed we were done. There were people that doubted Foles week after week. But it was never just about Foles. "It's the whole team!" We aren't winning squat if we are playing 1 vs 11 out there.

I realize that pessimists can't fathom forming optimistic thoughts, but it's pretty closed minded to think it's impossible for a young player to improve.  

Night and freaking day regardless of how hard you try. Hurts can't throw, read a defense, or see the field. He has an easy schedule and people will be freaking out but at the end of the day in the playoffs when he has to throw because teams take the run away he will be an epic fail.  

29 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Night and freaking day regardless of how hard you try. Hurts can't throw, read a defense, or see the field. He has an easy schedule and people will be freaking out but at the end of the day in the playoffs when he has to throw because teams take the run away he will be an epic fail.  

Let’s hope it happens before then.  Get a look at Strong so we k ow what we have before next year.

32 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Let’s hope it happens before then.  Get a look at Strong so we k ow what we have before next year.

Absolutely 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Hurts can throw. He can read a defense. He needs to be more consistent, trust what he sees, and use his feet to extend passing plays rather than bail on them. What you saw last year is typical of mobile, young QBs early in their NFL careers. There's a learning process and for most, it takes a few years to get to the point where the mobility is an asset and not just a crutch. It's kind of comical that some of you are already making your excuses for why Hurts will show improvement in 2022 (Our weak schedule). Guess what, the best team in the NFL in 2022 will play 17 inferior opponents in the regular season (and most likely will still lose a couple games). That's football. Even Tim Tebow, btw,  started on a team that won playoff games. 

What's funny is that outside the little circle of Hurts haters that are so sure he can't ever get better that they are all in on an URFA peg-leg QB to be our "savior," there's an NFL community out there that sees Hurts as a legitimate MVP candidate next season (remember when Wentz was an MVP candidate?).

In 2020, I was opposed to benching Wentz. I predicted (before he was benched) that it would lead to what happened after the season with Wentz and Doug. I thought drafting Hurts was a bad move. I don't own a Hurts jersey and don't plan to buy one. But Wentz is gone, and Hurts has his opportunity. I support him as our starting QB. It's my opinion he showed us some nice things last year and if he can do those things more consistently, we have a new franchise QB. Of course he needs to prove it with his play this year. It's his 3rd year and I predict that things will really begin to click for him. I don't expect us to run last year's offense. We will have some of that, but I expect passing attempts to increase and this team to have a good year. I don't have to pretend he's garbage just because I wanted everything to work out with Wentz or because I was mad that howie drafted Hurts with a 2nd rd pick we could have used on another position. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Hurts can throw. He can read a defense. He needs to be more consistent, trust what he sees, and use his feet to extend passing plays rather than bail on them. What you saw last year is typical of mobile, young QBs early in their NFL careers. There's a learning process and for most, it takes a few years to get to the point where the mobility is an asset and not just a crutch. It's kind of comical that some of you are already making your excuses for why Hurts will show improvement in 2022 (Our weak schedule). Guess what, the best team in the NFL in 2022 will play 17 inferior opponents in the regular season (and most likely will still lose a couple games). That's football. Even Tim Tebow, btw,  started on a team that won playoff games. 

What's funny is that outside the little circle of Hurts haters that are so sure he can't ever get better that they are all in on an URFA peg-leg QB to be our "savior," there's an NFL community out there that sees Hurts as a legitimate MVP candidate next season (remember when Wentz was an MVP candidate?).

In 2020, I was opposed to benching Wentz. I predicted (before he was benched) that it would lead to what happened after the season with Wentz and Doug. I thought drafting Hurts was a bad move. I don't own a Hurts jersey and don't plan to buy one. But Wentz is gone, and Hurts has his opportunity. I support him as our starting QB. It's my opinion he showed us some nice things last year and if he can do those things more consistently, we have a new franchise QB. Of course he needs to prove it with his play this year. It's his 3rd year and I predict that things will really begin to click for him. I don't expect us to run last year's offense. We will have some of that, but I expect passing attempts to increase and this team to have a good year. I don't have to pretend he's garbage just because I wanted everything to work out with Wentz or because I was mad that howie drafted Hurts with a 2nd rd pick we could have used on another position. 

BS

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

LOL @ rooting for a player to fail instead of succeed. 

3 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

LOL @ rooting for a player to fail instead of succeed. 

Not rooting for it, but he does not have an NFL arm to succeed.  May as well get on with it sooner rather than later.

11 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

Looks like an NFL arm to me that.

Shame those receivers don't have NFL hands

6 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Looks like an NFL arm to me that.

Shame those receivers don't have NFL hands

I've seen people criticize Hurts for this pass:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I think he has the arm. People calling him noodle arm are wrong - and that pass proves that. 

Its the ability to make the right decision under pressure that i think he's lacking (although that pass disproves that theory). Hopefully that comes eventually, but he needs to find it soon or he will be replaced.

1 hour ago, rrfierce said:

I think he has the arm. People calling him noodle arm are wrong - and that pass proves that. 

Its the ability to make the right decision under pressure that i think he's lacking (although that pass disproves that theory). Hopefully that comes eventually, but he needs to find it soon or he will be replaced.

Right. Last year, he took too long to make up his mind at times. In the NFL, you don't get as much time. Once that receiver begins to get separation, that ball needs to get out. When you hesitate, it gives the defender time to recover. If a deep pass gets out late, it becomes a contested pass. He needs to process things more quickly. They always talk about the game "slowing down" as young players gain experience. This is one of those areas where this should be expected to help. Young players have to make mistakes and have to learn from them. That's what coaching is for. Coaching and experience can improve this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rrfierce said:

Definitely not a noodle arm, just not a great deep ball thrower. His anticipation is his biggest weakness with the deep ball. He just doesn't have a cannon most fans are used to (Cunningham, Mcnabb, Vick, Wentz, Foles). Half of his deep balls were thrown later than they should have been. His weaknesses are limiting his reads with rolling out, leaving the pocket vs climbing up, pre snap reads ( may be by coach design with him being younger), decision making (usually to run, pretty decent about where to go with the ball). His strengths are mobility, leadership, and protecting the ball. He learn to trust what he sees and let's it go, it may help 2/3rds of his weaknesses...probably is it's hard to teach a gunslinger how to calm down and it may even be harder to teach the calm and collected to gunsling. This is about as nice from me as you'll get from me about Hurts. I think he's a six foot man with a seven foot ceiling, but he will get the season to grow. I just don't think he gets another one with the draft class that's coming up. He is either the guy, or he is just a guy and we move on 

3 hours ago, brkmsn said:

There were people in here vehemently defending it saying it shows how strong his arm is. It was a 40 yard floater that Quez had to slow down for. 

It isn't a "bad" throw, but it's not some stupendous play either. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Swoop said:

There were people in here vehemently defending it saying it shows how strong his arm is. It was a 40 yard floater that Quez had to slow down for. 

That throw any NFL QB can make.

This is an arm strength throw, this is what we need our QB to be able to do.

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

lol @ "had to slow down for." Point proven. Was it some stupendous, unbelievable throw? No. But it was perfectly timed, perfectly placed, and hit the receiver in stride. You guys can't even acknowledge that and have to make up some fake thing that happened so you can criticize Hurts for that play.

"... had to slow down for" :roll:

It was a decent throw and great result. Sadly, we didn't get any points on that drive. He went 11-22 for 99 yards the rest of the game and we only put up 11 points.

• Thanks 1