The official Hurts/Minshew/Stinnett/Strong/EJ Perry containment thread

jsb235

I don't profess to be an expert but I believe they are under contract for 3 years and a 4th restricted FA year. Base rookie salary is 705k for 2022. UDFA's can renegotiate after year 2. Of course. that's if they make the team. I saw somewhere the practice squad was about 200k for the year.

image.png.b2b04ed900fe50e87b164ce63e20bc27.png

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cba/minimum/

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Vileborg

I didn't know that UDFA sign 3 year deals.

I was worried that some sweet talkin team would steal Carson Strong.

6 hours ago, CouchKing said:

They should lock up Carson Strong on multi-year deal with starter / performance escalators.

Too much of a risk to lose him.

At least Hoying-Mania didn't start until after he actually played a real NFL game. This is priceless!

• Like 3

Just now, brkmsn said:

At least Hoying-Mania didn't start until after he actually played a real NFL game. This is priceless!

Are they selling Carson Strong jerseys yet?

4 hours ago, CouchKing said:

Not yet, but overstock.com is selling autographed vials of his game-used knee fluid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really hope this kid's knee holds up. He needs some fine tuning but there's alot to work with. I still cant believe we got him without spending a draft pick. He reminds me so much of Foles. Pocket passer with functional mobility, accurate, quick release & a beautiful deep ball. Strong's arm is probably stronger in terms of velocity, but they both can chuck it 60+ yards. Wish we could fuse him & Hurts together. We'd basically have Josh Allen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CouchKing said:

Yea but after he loses a playoff game, will he then put the knee brace on for the post game presser?   Like Hurts did for his ankle boo boo, that he injured….., 6 weeks earlier. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, KDUB1510 said:

I really hope this kid's knee holds up. He needs some fine tuning but there's alot to work with. I still cant believe we got him without spending a draft pick. He reminds me so much of Foles. Pocket passer with functional mobility, accurate, quick release & a beautiful deep ball. Strong's arm is probably stronger in terms of velocity, but they both can chuck it 60+ yards. Wish we could fuse him & Hurts together. We'd basically have Josh Allen. 

LOL.  Hurts doesn't have 5 minutes of highlight passes and you posted 30 for Strong.  I sure hope he pans out.  He just needs the same 3 rookie seasons that Hurts has had.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

LOL.  Hurts doesn't have 5 minutes of highlight passes and you posted 30 for Strong.  I sure hope he pans out.  He just needs the same 3 rookie seasons that Hurts has had.

It's crazy because according to the timeline of his injury, he's basically never been fully healthy at any point in college. Got injured in HS and the surgery he had wasnt successful. With them putting in the cadaver cartilage during the most recent surgery, hopefully this is all behind him. He made alot of throws that we see on Sunday's throughout his college career. I think he'd show alot more in 20 starts than Hurts has thus far. Redshirt him this year and we'll see from there. Excited to see what he looks like in the preseason. Hopefully the backups can protect him.

9 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Lol - waiting for the polls demanding he starts after he completes an 8 yard slant to Greg Ward in preseason.

• Like 1

Strong looks the real deal from that tape.

Love the way that he gets the ball out quickly and accurately. Doesn't panic and drops some absolute dimes. A lot of the longer throws are on the money and the receivers don't have to make much adjustment which is beautiful.

I'm excited for this guy!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Lol - waiting for the polls demanding he starts after he completes an 8 yard slant to Greg Ward in preseason.

It's okay to feel uneasy after watching a highlight film that doesn't involve running. That's called being a quarterback

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

It's okay to feel uneasy after watching a highlight film that doesn't involve running. That's called being a quarterback

Savage!  

How it starts all the time around here

3rd down QB

Gonna bring in the other QB for a 3rd down here or there

Get him some live reps

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

27 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

I would love Carson Strong to turn into a franchise QB. So his highlights don’t make me remotely uneasy. But I also don’t think that 32 teams messed up on their scouting reports so badly that they missed on a potential top 10 QB, which you seem to think he is.

4 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I would love Carson Strong to turn into a franchise QB. So his highlights don’t make me remotely uneasy. But I also don’t think that 32 teams messed up on their scouting reports so badly that they missed on a potential top 10 QB, which you seem to think he is.

I don't think 32 teams messed up.

I think they red flagged him as an injury risk.

He is still an injury risk.

And, he hasn't proven that he can adjust to the NFL game yet.

It's all speculation at this point.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Injury risk which I'm actually uncomfortable with. Best ability is availability

13 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

We didn't draft anyone from that offensive line I hope @_@ there are things I like in that tape and some obvious you want that one back....fun fact though. That film is just a collection of random college talent he hadn't worked with before besides Turner. I like his mobility within the pocket. Definitely way better than the beginning of the year 

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

That may depend a lot on how much weight was given to his knee & mobility. Any quarterback needs mobility, needing mobility and a strong rushing game because his passing skills are .... uninspiring ..... is another matter.

• Like 1

Just now, eglz1 said:

That may depend a lot on how much weight was given to his knee & mobility. Any quarterback needs mobility, needing mobility and a strong rushing game because his passing skills are .... uninspiring ..... is another matter.

Agreed. Being unable to move in the pocket is an issue. I'm not saying that's Strong but if he can't move up, step back, slide to avoid players then he's not going to ever make it.

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed. Being unable to move in the pocket is an issue. I'm not saying that's Strong but if he can't move up, step back, slide to avoid players then he's not going to ever make it.

Very true. He'll likely have access to better medical care than he had in Nevada.

2 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

We didn't draft anyone from that offensive line I hope @_@ there are things I like in that tape and some obvious you want that one back....fun fact though. That film is just a collection of random college talent he hadn't worked with before besides Turner. I like his mobility within the pocket. Definitely way better than the beginning of the year 

(73) Every Kenny PIckett Throw/Run Senior Bowl 2022 - YouTube

Pickett didn't seem to have a problem working with the same offense.