EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

Well there's nothing they can do about it now so like i said before, it is what it is. We move forward with Hurts/Strong/23' rookie and hope for the best. 

Agree

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

No they haven't.  All offseason all we heard about from the blog was how he could not score in the second half and there was no reason to believe that this would change.  Blog also determined that his 50% completion percentage as a rookie could not be improved upon to get to the point of being 60%+.  Blog has been anything but fair in their assessments. 

Someone offering an opinion that he wasn't going to improve is not unfair.  It's fair because it is based on his performance.  Hurts has not played well enough to be an elite passer.  Some people think it is impossible for him to improve, some people think it is unlikely, some think it is possible but not probable to the point of being an elite QB, some think it  is probable that he can improve to be a top 5 passing QB.  None of those opinions are unfair.  They are based on his past performance.  They all share a common sentiment that he has to get better.  

Nothing else matters in terms of his future as a starting QB in the NFL.  

If Hurts somehow changes learns and leads us to another super bowl win I'll buy his jersey for pete's sake.

@austinfan are you going to just dodge this ??????

You win in the playoffs and win titles passing the ball.

The top 10 teams in the NFL in rushing had a combined playoff record of 3-7 and 3 did not qualify for the playoffs.

The top 10 passing teams in the NFL had a combined playoff record of 11-8 and 1 did not qualify for the playoffs.  Both Super Bowl teams were top 10 in passing yards as well as the AFCCG Chiefs.  None of those three were top 10 in rushing.   They ranked 16, 23, 25.

The top 10 teams in total offense had a 10-6 total record and two did not make the playoffs.  Of the 8 teams that made the playoffs, 4 of them were only top 10 in passing yards, and they had a 7-3 combined record.  The 3 teams that were top 10 in total offense and both passing and running yards had a 1-3 record.

In regards to passing attempts, 7 of the top 10 made the playoffs.  5 of the top 10 in rushing attempts made the playoffs.  I could go through the records, but I think you have had enough today.

What this tells me is you are more likely to win in the playoffs if you are a predominantly passing offense.

5 minutes ago, greend said:

Because we are racist haters......................................duh

Well you are racist against deer and wild boar.  

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

The mental gymnastics people will try to make here when Hurts has a great season will be fun to watch. 

A question, that is so obvious I am shocked no one has asked yet.

How would @RememberTheKoy be able to watch these supposed fun mental gymnastics if he has everyone who says a mean thing about Hurts on ignore ???

It wasn't just a dream.

4 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

It wasn't just a dream.

Must be Strong throwing that ball to have it be so accurate!

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

The mental gymnastics people will try to make here when Hurts has a great season will be fun to watch. 

Yours will be more fun when he fails

5 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

It wasn't just a dream.

Looks a little slow out of his break.  

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

We will see. What matters is how the offense plays, not the QB, not the WRs, but the offense as a unit.

"Just win baby."

Sirianni had 3 different QBs in 3 years in Indy, now Hurts. He knows how to adjust an offense to a QBs strengths and weaknesses.

And he's had a year to work with the Eagle players.

My suspicion is the offense will be built on the running game, but more wide open than the second half of last season, he won't try to make Hurts into Brady Jr, but he won't use Hurts as much as a runner, more of a change of pace and look for the defense.

That's some Nadia Comaneci-level gymnastics on display.  

As I'm sure you're aware -- the football (there's only one) gets put into the QBs hands on every single play, and that QB has the primary responsibility for the performance of the offense.  

I'd be willing to make a wager that Hurts continues to run the ball at a higher than 30% of his pass attempts for the season -- to the detriment of the offense as a whole.

5 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

It wasn't just a dream.

AJ may need that blinking Jersey for Hurts to notice him during a game. 

33 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

The Eagles scored 444 points last year. The Chargers were fifth in the league with 474 points. That is a reasonable goal.

The Eagles had 6,119 yards last year. The Bills were fifth with 6,493 yards. That is a reasonable goal.

10th would be 450 points and 6,215 yards. Scoring six more points and generating 96 more yards next season wouldn't be a sign of progress to me.

Yes, the Eagles scored a lot of those points in garbage time, and against bad teams.

Jalen Hurts played 6 playoff teams last year, and averaged 5 points in the first half of those games.

Looks like it’s going to be entertaining 

22 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Someone offering an opinion that he wasn't going to improve is not unfair.  It's fair because it is based on his performance.  Hurts has not played well enough to be an elite passer.  Some people think it is impossible for him to improve, some people think it is unlikely, some think it is possible but not probable to the point of being an elite QB, some think it  is probable that he can improve to be a top 5 passing QB.  None of those opinions are unfair.  They are based on his past performance.  They all share a common sentiment that he has to get better.  

Nothing else matters in terms of his future as a starting QB in the NFL.  

It wasn't fair because it was ridiculous to suggest he wasn't capable of improving and he went out last year and did improve. 

14 minutes ago, greend said:

If Hurts somehow changes learns and leads us to another super bowl win I'll buy his jersey for pete's sake.

I will get a Hurts tattoo.  

20 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Well you are racist against deer and wild boar.  

Nah, I kill them all regardless of their color. Also included are Turkeys, Moose, Bears, Squirrels, Rabbits, Grouse, Pheasants, Groundhogs, Doves, Woodcocks and various types of fish. (probably forgetting something)

3 minutes ago, greend said:

Nah, I kill them all regardless of their color. Also included are Turkeys, Moose, Bears, Squirrels, Rabbits, Grouse, Pheasants, Groundhogs, Doves, Woodcocks and various types of fish. (probably forgetting something)

You monster!

5 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

That's some Nadia Comaneci-level gymnastics on display.  

As I'm sure you're aware -- the football (there's only one) gets put into the QBs hands on every single play, and that QB has the primary responsibility for the performance of the offense.  

I'd be willing to make a wager that Hurts continues to run the ball at a higher than 30% of his pass attempts for the season -- to the detriment of the offense as a whole.

Is Hurts gonna cure his happy feet / run first habits?

I am seeing predictions from talking heads that Eagles will improve and Hurt & AJ Brown is why.

That is speculation. We'll see.

I am hoping that Hurts evolves and the game slows down for him.

If he doesn't improve, not sure how long the Eagles will stick with him.

Is this being hateful? No. 

I think Minshew is ready to go. Strong is gonna need some work. Sinnett...havent seen him play. 

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

It wasn't fair because it was ridiculous to suggest he wasn't capable of improving and he went out last year and did improve. 

Hurts was horrible last year.

6 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Improved what exactly? I saw him making the same dumb mistakes at the end of 21 as he did at the end of 20.

7 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I am pretty sure no one said he could not improve, but improving from atrocious to slightly below average is not something I would be hanging my hat on.

2 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

Improved what exactly? I saw him making the same dumb mistakes at the end of 21 as he did at the end of 20.

Dude, gotta give credit where its due.  He averaged 5 points in the first half of games against playoff teams.  :roll::roll::roll:

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

People suggest players won't improve all of the time.  Sometimes they're right. 

55 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

I'd like to nominate @olsilverhair for his dream job of VP of PP.  

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Not defending Wentz as he played like hot garbage, but, did those other QB's have a different starting O Line combo every week ?? Did those QB's have offensive lineman stopping mid play to fix their equipment ??  Did those teams have the equivalent of Greg Ward and Travis Fulgham as their leading WR's ??  Did those QB's have a coach whose QB was struggling, and his solution was to go on a 4 game stretch of a 25:75 run pass ratio ??

Once again, Wentz played like hot garbage, but the front office and coaching staff did absolutely nothing to help him.  Jalen Hurts got Devonta Smith, he got a massive upgrade up front in Landon Dickerson, the coaching staff went run heavy when he was struggling.  It is almost like they had a secret meeting every week and tried to find new and creative ways to screw Wentz over.

I’d like to know if Doug really was happy with the Hurts pick, and then later in season benching Wentz for Hurts, because as a former player,  he didn’t like being benched in Philly when McNabb took over for him in his rookie season.  Even though from most accounts McNabb was better than Doug day one in TC, unlike Mahomes who was not better than Smith in KC.  
  Unless Doug writes Fearless 2, "The fall of Carson Wentz,” it’s likely we’ll never know what happened after he signed that huge contract but sheet did hit the fan.   

Btw, happy to see you waited for me to have your best week so far in FBB, and when you look at the league history, somehow even though I finished over .500 last season, my team is ranked last; lol. 

image.gif.0b991fbbbf3e37476a7bd7281fb0613c.gif

Archived