EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

11 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Well, it wouldn't change my opinion of @greend if he is eating them raw and wearing their skulls as hats.  

I think that would actually improve my opinion of him. He'd be way cooler for sure. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Grant Calcaterra is such a weird draft choice. I get he's a 6th round pick and it means nothing, but it's like he doesn't check any box that Eagles usually look for. 

Ertz wasn't a blocker either. 

I think they have a blocking TE in Stoll. Needed another good receiving option there because Tyree is proving unreliable.

12 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Well, it wouldn't change my opinion of @greend if he is eating them raw and wearing their skulls as hats.  

"IF?"  That's pretty much how I've always pictured greend.

Speaking of the Calcaterra pick, didn't know much about him but looking at his highlights he reminds me a little of Ertz in that he's white, a TE and moves like him kinda, sorta.

Brandon Hunt, Morocco Brown, and Ran Carthon are interesting names. I could also see all of them being GMs in 2023. It might only be a short fix.

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Eagles have generally avoided anyone with a serious enough injury history where it's career threatening. They took a chance on Jones/Dickerson but those were routine injuries. They passed on DK because they thought it would affect his career. Retiring because of so many concussions at age 21 or whatever he was, seems to fall in the later box.

Calcaterra has returned to play since his injuries.  He was out of football for essentially all of 2019 and 2020 due to the concussions and retirement.  I think it's one thing if he had never returned but he has.  He was a 4 star recruit that was relatively productive in college.  He was worth the pick but I don't think he's a likely diamond in the rough.  He will nearly be 24 at the start of the season.  It's possible he never plays in the NFL.  

5 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Brandon Hunt, Morocco Brown, and Ran Carthon are interesting names. I could also see all of them being GMs in 2023. It might only be a short fix.

Yep. Pretty sure Morocco Brown had interviews for GM openings in the last cycle.

19 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Dealer's choice.

BTW... I notice elk isn't on your list.  It is fantastic.

But I haven't personally harvested one.

That said

Mammals

Caribou

Moose

Elk

Venison

Antelope

Bear (sometimes awesome, sometimes meh)

Squirrel 

Rabbit

Birds

Pheasant

Grouse

Chukar

Turkey

Dove

Fish

Walleye

Tuna (sushi)

Shark (Mako)

Salmon

everything else

Anyhow that's my opinion and again maybe I'm forgetting something in there.

10 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Is Hurts gonna cure his happy feet / run first habits?

I am seeing predictions from talking heads that Eagles will improve and Hurt & AJ Brown is why.

That is speculation. We'll see.

I am hoping that Hurts evolves and the game slows down for him.

If he doesn't improve, not sure how long the Eagles will stick with him.

Is this being hateful? No. 

I think Minshew is ready to go. Strong is gonna need some work. Sinnett...havent seen him play. 

Hurts was horrible last year.

He started at Alabama as a freshman, and that’s the year in college that he threw the most, 382 attempts. As a sophomore, Daboll who got along well with Hurts, really wanted Tua the freshman to start and Saban wouldn’t let him until near the seasons end when it mattered most. 
Daboll thought Belichick was hard headed and stubborn, then he worked for Nick Saban, lol. 
 At Oklahoma, Hurts was still a one read and run QB, so even at that point, he has years of playing the QB position, leaving the pocket early before any pressure was near him because it’s what he’s done for most of his career, get into position to make a play with his legs. Before he can improve on his processing and throwing, the run into position part has to be coached out of him first, which is why he was regarded as a 3rd round pick. 

Lane Kiffin recruited Hurts to Alabama, he needs a mobile/running QB who doesn’t get tired, Hurts and Corral are perfect for his style of offense, it’s his fault. 

18 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Just a list of the top 5 tastiest ones.  

Caribou

Moose

Pheasant

Grouse

Walleye

3 minutes ago, greend said:

But I haven't personally harvested one.

That said

Mammals

Caribou

Moose

Elk

Venison

Antelope

Bear (sometimes awesome, sometimes meh)

Squirrel 

Rabbit

Birds

Pheasant

Grouse

Chukar

Turkey

Dove

Fish

Walleye

Tuna (sushi)

Shark (Mako)

Salmon

everything else

Anyhow that's my opinion and again maybe I'm forgetting something in there.

You forgot the most elusive game of all....

33 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Grant Calcaterra is such a weird draft choice. I get he's a 6th round pick and it means nothing, but it's like he doesn't check any box that Eagles usually look for. 

They saw him on one of my "mocks".

Just now, TorontoEagle said:

You forgot the most elusive game of all....

kinda salty and not all that elusive.

:ph34r:

9 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Speaking of the Calcaterra pick, didn't know much about him but looking at his highlights he reminds me a little of Ertz in that he's white, a TE and moves like him kinda, sorta.

I thought this too. Looks like a big WR, not a blocking threat, no YAC. He's the Ollie's Ertz, but I think he could have a similar career here as Trey Burton's (minus the Philly Special).

5 minutes ago, greend said:

They saw him on one of my "mocks".

kinda salty and not all that elusive.

:ph34r:

Yes, whatever you say Mr. Dahmer

19 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Because they missed on Lance, they can't cut Jimmy G and pay Deebo.

A double-whammy.

People and their stats crack me up. 

Afan is a riot. That dude can go find the most obscure stats and go on these long winded rants about whatever fits his narrative. It’s pretty impressive, to be honest. 

But I don’t need stats to tell me what is blatantly obvious to my eyes on the field. 

28 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

What's the deal on Jim Nagy? Don't know much about him outside of following in the lead up to the draft.

8 minutes ago, RLC said:

Because they missed on Lance, they can't cut Jimmy G and pay Deebo.

A double-whammy.

Everyone wants the next Mahomes and forget QB have to throw the ball.

23 minutes ago, greend said:

Caribou

Moose

Pheasant

Grouse

Walleye

Don't forget 

Loon
Bald Eagle
Giant Panda

4 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Everyone wants the next Mahomes and forget QB have to throw the ball.

Agreed.  Comparative statues like Foles, Brady, and Stafford manage to win Super Bowls.

1 minute ago, garingovt2000 said:

Don't forget 

Loon
Bald Eagle
Giant Panda

Person
Woman
Man
Camera
TV

Archived