EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

27 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

Wow, you’ve got issues that need more vaccines and boosters

Seems like you got issues that call for an education. Then again probably too late for an old man like you..

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Utebird said:

My wife and I have a very clear agreement that if she were ever to get the urge to kill me that poisoning is not allowed, she knows I've requested she do it quick and easy, none of this poisoning me over a months time nonsense or burying me up to my head in the desert pushing me off a cliff or torture stuff 

Just feed me a stick of dynamite, quick and easy, and  call it a day.👍

Hope Earl is found and faces his consequences and his family is safe from him and he gets the help he obviously needs.

image.gif.cbd554c7b2cbf25be4e72daf4708043e.gif

19 minutes ago, Infam said:

Seems like you got issues that call for an education. Then again probably too late for an old man like you..

Hurts can’t pass a fb, there, I win again

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

My wife and I have a very clear agreement that if she were ever to get the urge to kill me that poisoning is not allowed, she knows I've requested she do it quick and easy, none of this poisoning me over a months time nonsense or burying me up to my head in the desert pushing me off a cliff or torture stuff 

Just feed me a stick of dynamite, quick and easy, and  call it a day.👍

Hope Earl is found and faces his consequences and his family is safe from him and he gets the help he obviously needs.

Pushing you off a cliff would be quick.  Not saying she should do that but it is a quick way to go. 

17 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Since their 2nd best receiver left??

:unsure: 

3 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Geez. Can't believe there was ever a time we eviscerated Reid/Howie for passing on him for Graham.

I was thinking about this the other day. Even without the off field stuff, would you trade Graham for Thomas straight up as rookies?

Graham Has now played 3 years longer as of 2022, doesn’t have any all-pro teams but will likely go down as one of the most beloved eagles of alltime

15 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Pushing you off a cliff would be quick.  Not saying she should do that but it is a quick way to go. 

Watch Midsommar and let me know if this would still be your choice. 

The Phillies beat scherzer and didn’t blow a one run lead with the bullpen for 3 innings 

spacer.png

Scherzer isn’t good anymore, that’s going to be a disaster signing for the Mets.

6 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Scherzer isn’t good anymore, that’s going to be a disaster signing for the Mets.

Ummm scherzer entering the day with 5 starts was 4-0 with a 2.61 Era, WHIP of 0.81 with 42 Ks. It might be disaster in a year or two. This year he’s been pretty good 

56 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

Obviously false, so of course you go for it. 😁

11 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Ummm scherzer entering the day with 5 starts was 4-0 with a 2.61 Era, WHIP of 0.81 with 42 Ks. It might be disaster in a year or two. This year he’s been pretty good 

I’ve seen him pitch a couple innings, he blows

19 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

He’s still pretty good. I don’t think it’ll be a disaster. That’s just the name of the game. 

1 hour ago, olsilverhair said:

Hey man! Surprised your life partner hasn’t poisoned you yet. Good to see you. Now get over here and finish mowing my lawn 

2 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Wonderlic is used to measure speed of processing. But it is a flawed tool. I processed the Wonderlic questions faster than I can read an NFL defense.  Outdated tool.  Put some virtual reality googles on that measure eye movement and reaction time to real NFL game scenarios. 

Sounds a lot like @Infam

10 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

He’s still pretty good. I don’t think it’ll be a disaster. That’s just the name of the game. 

The Phillies will win that division by 5 or more games. The division is awful. The Phillies bats have uncharacteristically been quiet to start the season. Once they catch fire, there isn’t a team in the division that has the talent level they do. Braves are somewhat close. But still not quite because their pitching stinks. The Mets’ roster is pretty terrible, honestly. They’re going to lose 90 games and collapse like they always do. 

2 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Does his consistency both you?

A one legged man rushed back to help his teammates get drafted this year had consistency issues??? Color me surprised. Still passed for 70% completion percentage 74 touchdowns to 19 interceptions. Pretty consistent for a one legged man 

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Young QBs usually struggle with consistency, especially with a bad base.   Hurts struggles with consistency, because his base is bad, and looks to run rather than throw.  Strong's base will either get stronger with healing, or it will remain an issue and likely the downfall of his NFL career.   Hurts' base is an issue, but for a different reason.  He should have gotten it tighter by now, but instead of learning how to move in the pocket and maintain his base to throw, he's been encouraged, at every level so far, to use his mobility to escape the pocket and improvise.  Hurts needs to be pocket discipline, but I just don't see it happening.  He's being encouraged to run too much for the coaches to be able to instruct him in the discipline he needs in the pocket.  This is the delicate balance of short-term versus long-term gains.  

So much logic. They may quit the internet if you keep this up 

1 hour ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I was thinking about this the other day. Even without the off field stuff, would you trade Graham for Thomas straight up as rookies?

Graham Has now played 3 years longer as of 2022, doesn’t have any all-pro teams but will likely go down as one of the most beloved eagles of alltime

I think both teams got what they wanted.  Thomas was the better player but like you said didn't play as long.  I wouldn't change anything. 

9 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Hey man! Surprised your life partner hasn’t poisoned you yet. Good to see you. Now get over here and finish mowing my lawn 

For some reason, my wife had separate girls nights Thursday and Friday night and left me at home with the baby. I had Thai food and Indian food delivered back to back.  She asked for it. 

image.gif.b6e1351c7c9bebaba34da38b2bd53b52.gif

19 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

I’ve seen him pitch a couple innings, he blows

Wow a whole couple innings. I guess that makes you an expert Peter gammons 

2 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

I think both teams got what they wanted.  Thomas was the better player but like you said didn't play as long.  I wouldn't change anything. 

In the long run it is clearly a win-win for both teams. Thomas was an integral piece of the legion of boom.  I was pissed about not drafting him for about 5 seasons. Brandon Graham took longer to develop bc of injuries, etc but Eagles don’t win the SB without him. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Wow a whole couple innings. I guess that makes you an expert Peter gammons 

It’s more the inverse. I’m so knowledgeable and my talent evaluations are so good that all I need is a couple innings to form a fully informed opinion. 

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Young QBs usually struggle with consistency, especially with a bad base.   Hurts struggles with consistency, because his base is bad, and looks to run rather than throw.  Strong's base will either get stronger with healing, or it will remain an issue and likely the downfall of his NFL career.   Hurts' base is an issue, but for a different reason.  He should have gotten it tighter by now, but instead of learning how to move in the pocket and maintain his base to throw, he's been encouraged, at every level so far, to use his mobility to escape the pocket and improvise.  Hurts needs to be pocket discipline, but I just don't see it happening.  He's being encouraged to run too much for the coaches to be able to instruct him in the discipline he needs in the pocket.  This is the delicate balance of short-term versus long-term gains.  

I don’t think Hurts base is that bad. But even if for arguments sake I accept that notion I wonder what makes you think a 23 year old can’t be taught anything anymore.

Why would you think that? Did you stop learning new things at that age?

Archived