EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

14 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Large fenced in yard makes it easier. In my opinion 2 is easier than 1. 

But yes, 3 can be a handful. 

I've heard that 2 is easier 

Our neighbor just got a pup, we built a little door in the fence so she can come over and play with my dog, so that helps.

IMG_20220626_132311323.jpg

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, downundermike said:

How do you guys come up with pet names ??

Mine have all been named after athletes, or sports.

First dog, pictured with the cat above was Donovan, second dog, a little yorkie, Mia, the cat above, Shady, my great Dane, ESPeN, we fostered a St Bernard, his name was Buhner, and our current cat is named Gatti.

The only exception was a dog named Harley we took in from my wifes boss at the time.

When we adopted our Dog ger name was Siri, no one in our fam liked it so we took about a week calling her different names before one stuck.

She now answers to Athena, Thena for short, dog trainers and such recommend keeping dogs names to no more than 2 syllables, apparently they respond better to two syllables or less 🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Denali- Brown one - Named after my truck

Dax - aka fat boy, aka fat ass- aka fat cariputo -  Given by previous owner and she loved that it started with a D like Denali

Della - AKA Kennsington (she runs around like a crack head) Again, with the D theme. 

I guess you could say…you love D

3 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Nope but thanks for playing

woke came from the left. The right just uses it as  insult to the leftist trump thinking. Bc its pretty absurd

Actually you are wrong.  It came neither from the left nor the right, but rather emerged in the 1930s, originated in African-American Vernacular English (AAVE) dictionary and referred to an awareness of the social and political issues affecting African Americans. The phrase was uttered in a recording by Lead Belly and later by Erykah Badu.

18 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Our Beagle we had to put down over a year ago was named Lito.  Named for a particular player had made a huge play in a particular game.  

Nice we had a Beagle Bo (after Jackson) and now my brother has another Beagle Chase (after Utley)

17 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

My guys name is Tuco....from the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. 

1C44B39D-2CB9-420A-9DD6-B56FC738E417.jpeg

If youre gonna shoot, shoot...dont talk.

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

That is a great article that gives a whole wealth of context to the snippet I posted.  Thanks.

FWIW, I respect ToastJenkins' intentions in sharing his beliefs.  He and I have had thoughtful interchanges going back to Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman.  We often agree to disagree, but the conversation is respectful.  I would enjoy having a beer with him if the opportunity ever presented itself.

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

never ever ever heard of it until about 6 or so years ago to describe an obnoxious, ridiculous left winger. 

In fact, I bet if you polled 1000 rando's the overwhelming majority would describe it as a cancel culture- left wing person 

fa&&ot  used to mean something else too 

I dont know about the cancel culture part, but left wing person, yes. The majority would probably say that.

31 minutes ago, downundermike said:

How do you guys come up with pet names ??

Mine have all been named after athletes, or sports.

First dog, pictured with the cat above was Donovan, second dog, a little yorkie, Mia, the cat above, Shady, my great Dane, ESPeN, we fostered a St Bernard, his name was Buhner, and our current cat is named Gatti.

The only exception was a dog named Harley we took in from my wifes boss at the time.

My wife named the 3 dogs we have/had. I decided awhile ago that our next dog will be named Orion. 

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

Vox not a credible source on this sorry

woke is defined as actively attentive to racial and social injustice.

dont get salty bc you go far too far and then get the term used as a negative descriptor for your ilk

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So Devonte/a is back?

Yea he practiced Sunday too

8 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

never ever ever heard of it until about 6 or so years ago to describe an obnoxious, ridiculous left winger. 

In fact, I bet if you polled 1000 rando's the overwhelming majority would describe it as a cancel culture- left wing person 

fa&&ot  used to mean something else too 

Agreed.  I think your provenance is spot on.

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Scott’s concussion is lingering for some time no?

15 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Actually you are wrong.  It came neither from the left nor the right, but rather emerged in the 1930s, originated in African-American Vernacular English (AAVE) dictionary and referred to an awareness of the social and political issues affecting African Americans. The phrase was uttered in a recording by Lead Belly and later by Erykah Badu.

Crying racism is a leftist pillar

28 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Our Beagle we had to put down over a year ago was named Lito.  Named for a particular player who had made a huge play in a particular game.  

I can say I was at both of his games where he had 100+ yard pick 6’s. 

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Scott’s concussion is lingering for some time no?

It's been about a week and a half

1 minute ago, mattwill said:

That is a great article that gives a whole wealth of context to the snippet I posted.  Thanks.

FWIW, I respect ToastJenkins' intentions in sharing his beliefs.  He and I have had thoughtful interchanges going back to Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman.  We often agree to disagree, but the conversation is respectful.  I would enjoy having a beer with him if the opportunity ever presented itself.

I don't drink beer, but I would share a root beer with him.

I recently learned that root beer was made by early settlers as a non alcoholic or small amount of alcohol beer, they referred to as  "Small Beer"😁

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

What’s your Twitter name?  Jalen Squirts?

@thomasrp93

Just now, Alphagrand said:

Sanders, you say?  That's odd .....

Yeah that dudes always hurt, dont see him playing all 17 this year.

17 is still weird...

4 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Crying racism is a leftist pillar

If that's the case being racist is a rightist pillar no?

14 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Oh we would enjoy the beers. Rounds on me. 

ultimately it comes down to philosophical differences and psychologies that tend to be mutually exclusive. Locus of control being a fine example. Nearly impossible to get people to shift that

4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

If that's the case being racist is a rightist pillar no?

Nope. 

8 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Vox not a credible source on this sorry

woke is defined as actively attentive to racial and social injustice.

dont get salty bc you go far too far and then get the term used as a negative descriptor for your ilk

I'm not salty 

I knew you would say box isn't a credible source because it's left leaning 

Yet the article doesn't take a left or right opinion or any really.

It's just reporting the history of the word woke and where it originated and how it's used today.

Like I said previously , call me woke all you want, the opposite of woke is ignorant so...

Archived