EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

22 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I dont know. My older son likes trying to grow stuff do I picked up a package of sweet pepper seeds at wal mart. I think thats all it said was sweet peppers.

48 cents. I thought it was a cheap way for him to have fun. Figured we would throw them on the ground somewhere in the yard out of the way and he could water them and stuff.

Well, about 10 weeks after growing them on the kitchen window sill, 30 dollars on potting soil, 50 dollars in planters, 15 dollars in stinky spray to keep the animals away, I dont remember how much for some fertilizer... things all started adding up. Well over 100 dollars for a couple peppers.

I said we could have bought some goddamn peppers at the grocery store for a hell of a lot cheaper. I thought this was going to be a little fun activity for 48 cents.

Its funny though, my wife became very proud of them when the plants started getting tall. Then you get the flowers. Start seeing the tiny little fruits popping out. And then you see them getting big. Now she has taken it on as her job to water them every night. 

My mom had a huge garden when I was growing up.  Dad used to go,out every evening and pick our salad. Thing is, once you have had fresh, everything else pails in comparison. Bet those are the best sweet peppers you ever tasted. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Squirrels leave my garden alone and I raised my garden to prevent the rabbits..  I have to fight the damn birds for my strawberries (second harvest coming in). 

I like strawberries but never gets any because the rabbits eat them all.

Squirrels don't come around much Anymore since we got a dog but opossums and skunks come out at night and enjoy the spread...

22 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Actually I think it was Max Runager (RIP) who was replaced during the game, perhaps because of injury but perhaps also because of ineffectiveness. You might argue that Runager was long gone from the Eagles by then, but he made a brief second appearance with the team after the 49ers got rid of him. He was washed up.

Incidentally, Dawkins wore 24 in training camp his rookie and quickly switched to 20, his college number, when whoever was wearing it was released during final cuts.

Do you remember what number Keith Jackson wore during his first preseason?

This is when I wish the "like” response had an emoji for "WOW”. Damn. 

9 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

This is when I wish the "like” response had an emoji for "WOW”. Damn. 

Yeah,  know one else knows these things.  

We should get a double wow emoji

6 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

My mom had a huge garden when I was growing up.  Dad used to go,out every evening and pick our salad. Thing is, once you have had fresh, everything else pails in comparison. Bet those are the best sweet peppers you ever tasted. 

I didnt taste any yet. Gave the first 2 to my mother in law. 

We dont cook at home much. We have one recipe that includes peppers. In that recipe, we usually have green, red, and orange just for color. So we will probably use 1, and still go buy some others. :lol:

Theyre pretty much all gonna get given away. 

9 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

My 3rd year on my baby strawberry patch. the friggin Birds won this one. { Love sayin that} ate all my ruby jewels and left me a clump of leaves. Guess I should have thrown a net over it...

Hey, they need a boost every now and again...

I elevated my strawberries.  I think I may have won. Ate one tonight off the plant. 

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yeah,  know one else knows three things.  

We should get a double wow emoji

agreed. I often look for a shockey face and always disappointed to remember its not there. 

30 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Actually I think it was Max Runager (RIP) who was replaced during the game, perhaps because of injury but perhaps also because of ineffectiveness. You might argue that Runager was long gone from the Eagles by then, but he made a brief second appearance with the team after the 49ers got rid of him. He was washed up.

Incidentally, Dawkins wore 24 in training camp his rookie and quickly switched to 20, his college number, when whoever was wearing it was released during final cuts.

Do you remember what number Keith Jackson wore during his first preseason?

I think Vaughn Hebron was the last to wear 20 before Dawkins.  He was 45 as a rookie then switched to 20.

16 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

The only thing that would make it better was if we could have heard Harry Kalas call that shot.  

Tbh harper might be the best position player phillie I’ve seen in my lifetime and if he’s not he’s top 3. I’m too young to have caught Schmidt in his prime. I began really getting into baseball in 1991 (Phillies only made the postseason 1 time in the first 23 years of my life lol). just best Phillies I’ve seen in my lifetime (really 91 onward) gotta be some order of halladay, Howard and harper. With utley, cliff Lee and hamels right after them. But utley and harper are my two favorite players. 

Also, don't tell me a number and equipment don't do A LOT for a player.  Can you imagine BDawk with no dark visor and not in 20?

Brian Dawkins 1996 Skybox Premium Philadelphia Eagles Football Rookie Card  - KBK Sports

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Tbh harper might be the best position player phillie I’ve seen in my lifetime and if he’s not he’s top 3. I’m too young to have caught Schmidt in his prime. I began really getting into baseball in 1991 (Phillies only made the postseason 1 time in the first 23 years of my life lol). just greatest Phillies I’ve seen in my lifetime (really 91 onward) gotta be some order of halladay, Howard and harper. With utley, cliff Lee and hamels right after them. But utley and harper are my two favorite players. 

Cliff Lee was so damn good.  While he wasn't one of the best ever, Jim Thome did so much for bringing this team to the next level.  He was a treat to watch.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I didnt taste any yet. Gave the first 2 to my mother in law. 

We dont cook at home much. We have one recipe that includes peppers. In that recipe, we usually have green, red, and orange just for color. So we will probably use 1, and still go buy some others. :lol:

Theyre pretty much all gonna get given away. 

To quote my avatar, Son, I say Son….., if you are going to eat that Taco Bell crap, you really need to expand you taste buds on peppers. (Green, red and orange sound like various degrees of ripeness of bell peppers).

Just now, bpac55 said:

Cliff Lee was so damn good.  While he wasn't one of the best ever, Jim Thome did so much for bringing this team to the next level.  He was a treat to watch.

Thome was such a great guy and did do a nice job helping usher in the next generation. It sucks for him cause he becomes a little bit of an afterthought cause of the impact Howard had right after him. 

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

To quote my avatar, Son, I say Son….., if you are going to eat that Taco Bell crap, you really need to expand you taste buds on peppers. (Green, red and orange sound like various degrees of ripeness of bell peppers).

yeah? I thought youd have to plant different colored ones. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Thome was such a great guy and did do a nice job helping usher in the next generation. It sucks for him cause he becomes a little bit of an afterthought cause of the impact Howard had right after him. 

Unpopular opinion, I was never really a Ryan Howard fan.  

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Ahh. Gee. Wonder why. :whistle:

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

yeah? I thought youd have to plant different colored ones. 

So did my wife.  Now right now my bells are the size of peaches.  My wife likes red bell peppers so I will let some grow and ripen. 

7 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

It’s not as unpopular has you think. There’s way more utley fans than Howard. I think the last couple of years Howard was here kind of ruined his image to a lot of people. I compare it kind of to peters where he was great when he first got here and had some amazing years. But then the end was just so hard to watch that it became a lasting image of him for a lot of people.

I still remember being LA for the victorino and stairs homers in the nlcs. Talk about an amazing feeling when stairs hit that homer. every Phillies fan was going crazy there and every dodgers fan just stood there in disbelief or started leaving. 

Just now, BigEFly said:

So did my wife.  Now right now my bells are the size of peaches.  My wife likes red bell peppers so I will let some grow and ripen. 

We thought our green ones were pretty big and picked them. Didnt realize theyd turn colors. I have to let Mrs HE know to leave those suckers hang.

It’s not as unpopular has you think. There’s way more utley fans than Howard. I think the last couple of years Howard was here kind of ruined his image to a lot of people. I compare it kind of to peters where he was great when he first got here and had some amazing years. But then the end was just so hard to watch that it became a lasting image of him for a lot of people.

I still remember being LA for the victorino and stairs homers in the nlcs. Talk about an amazing feeling when stairs hit that homer. every Phillies fan was going crazy there and every dodgers fan just stood there in disbelief or started leaving. 

image.gif.79f260a4bd5c475da39fa6a9621025e3.gif

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

We thought our green ones were pretty big and picked them. Didnt realize theyd turn colors. I have to let Mrs HE know to leave those suckers hang.

Wait and they will ripen from green to orange to red.  

The Matt Stairs homerun was unbelievable. Werth and Rollins were my guys.  Ever since I was a kid I just loved short, quick short stops.  When jimmy came around you just knew he had it.  Even when he was wearing Howard's #6 you could see the potential with him. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

image.gif.79f260a4bd5c475da39fa6a9621025e3.gif

Clearly the greater Philadelphia area is racist 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I still remember being at the Cliff Lee blows a 4-0 lead against the Cardinals game. It was awful. Every Phillies fan just stood there in disbelief or started leaving. 

Archived